In Progress [Competition] Art of The Week

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Lemon Cuntcake, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Aleks

Aleks Vaporwaves Skeletons
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yeah, I wanted to try a first person poster for a while so I guess it came out pretty rough. But it has been a year since I've really touched SFM so bear with me.

2. Neythi

Neythi Atom

Nebulae:
    it's cool, I can't even use SFM at all lol

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  3. goose

goose Nucleus
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 7
  4. Lemon Cuntcake

Lemon Cuntcake Sells cheap beer
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    thankies @Danny boy, I can always count on you

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Piggo

Piggo Electron

Nebulae:
    Probably the wrong place to ask but could we get a Chat/WIP thread going, would that be allowed

somewhere we can all just post messages and ask what to do next on our shit so people can give tips n shit before you finish a pic

also because facepunch is going down the tube and this place is cool enough and more personal than the likes of DeviantArt, gettin a chat thread going would be pretty fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vasey105

Vasey105 Electron

Nebulae:
    idk why but i really hate when people post WIPs and edit their submissions in this thread, feels wrong and tacky
    dedicated competition WIP thread hype

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danny

Danny Friendly Guy
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Hundred percent agree, this is a thread for friendly competition and not a news feed. If people wanna be alerted you got a WIP just post on your own thread and outlaw it from happening on this one :^)))). If we made a separate thread for tips it would hardly be used - only time people pay attention to tips is by the end of the round anyways.

This decision is up to the bigger boys though

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. goose

goose Nucleus
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
  9. Neythi

Neythi Atom

Nebulae:
    Idk, maybe we could have a discord server dedicated for the neb creative community? Would feel more personal to have a direct chat than the forum if you need tips

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Piggo

Piggo Electron

Nebulae:
    Sounds good to me but does Nebulous already have a discord? If so maybe the higher ups will have to ask if they should or not.
    I'm up for it anyway since that sounds good.

@Danny Nah i didn't mean a thread JUST for tips and advice but rather a general chat thread, where people could just post about all sorts, ask if anyones got any type of models, post good maps or some crap
    Just a general thread for talking

Which is what a discord could be used for as well and a discord would probably work better

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. General Mario

General Mario Nucleus

Nebulae:
  12. Neythi

Neythi Atom

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

Idk if memes count, but it took me 5 hours to do this shit so I'm submitting it

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  13. A Person

A Person Atom

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  14. fosset

fosset Electron

Nebulae:
    • nebulous nebulous x 10
  15. Frix

Frix Proton

Nebulae:
    that's incredible, the first time in my life ill say that monolith soliders look pretty decent

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lemon Cuntcake

Media Developer

Nebulae:
    here's my Discord, come join to hear how much media devs get paid for their premium artwork: https://discord.gg/fTUwCxH

I'll be back for AoTW later today, don't worry

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  17. Legolas

Legolas Atom
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    wow that is awesome
    mind if i ask how you changed the background from black?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  18. Lemon Cuntcake

Media Developer

Nebulae:
    seriously though, if you want some quick tips on your artsy stuff, come check that Discord link I posted above

@Piggo & @goose, [​IMG], I honestly don't know what to say at this point, you're just better than me
    @RGB, with color your work gains so fucking much that I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see you draw some kind of comic and publish it. The only issue I spot here is that right arm not really holding his staff, but nothing otherwise. Spot on artwork, as usual to be frank, [​IMG]

@Aleks, nice concept, but honestly speaking, it's way too dark and I can't see a thing. Also. I know that the main point of attention here is Myers stabbing the other guy, but this kind of poster should also have something in the foreground, like a beetle climbing on a branch, while in the background you have the actual scene. It's pretty cool as an idea, but undeveloped otherwise. Give it one more shot and try to polish it up a little bit more, I'd love to see it done properly

@Neythi, needs text to be a proper meme, but AoT is always on top for me. [​IMG]

@A Person, if some background would be added, Doom guy wouldn't blend in with the monsters around him and some after effects would appear, I could see this one being a wallpaper for someone. As of right now, it's just a properly posed and lit, but boring poster with no real action going around. Another one for some rework next week, would like to see it remade then. Also, what the fuck is with that weapon cock on his belly

Fucking love STALKER and some good quality wallpapers,
    and I think I just found one

I also love animated shorts, even if they're just a teaser,
    but I can forgive it if they tease something really fun

@General Mario and @fosset, goldies of this week

[​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 8
  19. fosset

fosset Electron

Nebulae:
    https://imgur.com/bFMIVgq i had 2 unedited photos (all have been resized originally i used the poster 4 command to take the screenshot)

I just used a greenscreen (pinkscreen?) effect and edited it out in photoshop, literally use the magic wand tool to select the pink background, switch over to the layer with the black sky then delete the blacksky, if you just delete the sky on the pink layer it leaves a horrible pink outline on everything

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice