Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
1ADA2145CA2F43EE073D417F7CA7848880D3F758

Per this thread, per this cell.

Reactions: List

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
Amateur shitposes incoming, sorry for being late. Hopefully the shit still works because my PC was being a bitch copying the file to XenForo.
only chose the best angles, and i deliberately left the super dof on for epic haze
[IMG]http://prntscr.com/mmyne7
mmynv0

mmyo34

mmyo9t

Cavity

Proton
Nebulae
Amateur shitposes incoming, sorry for being late. Hopefully the shit still works because my PC was being a bitch copying the file to XenForo.
only chose the best angles, and i deliberately left the super dof on for epic haze
http://prntscr.com/mmyne7
[IMG]http://prntscr.com/mmynv0
mmyo34

mmyo9t
broken for me chief

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Hey-o

@John McRee, I always have a soft spot for Alien, and if it's done so well, then I can't really whine at all. It's a solid, well posed poster with an alright camera angle. All it needs is a little "oomph", either from editing or adding something else to the picture (maybe a perspective on a corridor behind them, with mangled bodies lying on the ground). What you've got right here, right now looks more like a screenshot from a game (a good screenshot, that is) rather than something that could be used as a wallpaper. I dig it either way tho, so a
p8Xx1wNHpy4JeYFr2AC4NuPJpQN1cM1vX7oXLa1jd_VxzOK3MXxSbwCGcqA_4uMvvzwmnbStDLl9wcWpDnD6hbwEjGKq0wxUaJNJwygJ2d-Q0-061Z4RiSxj-5thGW_IIMHslJY
is a must

@$Vex$, honestly, it's a pretty decent concept, you just chose a bad room for it imo. I'd personally go for something like this, just with that sword being risen and shining like in your version. Brighten up the background, maybe add there either fallen warriors, or some that are still fighting. I know Dark Souls is all about loneliness, but you can strife from that a little bit and no-one will get mad I think. I'd also abstain from straightening these characters so much. A little bit of lean can make it look far more natural. Goodie tho

@liew, it's a weird poster, but I sure as hell can't say that it's bad. It has some weird posing, especially on that falling (?) guy on the right and the copster. I'd give the viewer a bit better clarification of the said man is getting shot at by lighting that pistol the cop is holding. It's pretty decently filled with stuff, but it doesn't really co-operate with eachother, as for example people in the back don't do shit about what's happening in the foreground. Despite all that I said though, it's fairly well made poster with nice, vivid colors and little touch of that editing. Need a bit of refining in terms of details, but it's a goodie overall

@Elan,
thumbup1.gif
for now, but when you'll have it all finished, hit us up dude. Would love to see it in full glory

@Omni, as a spray - totally alright, it's great as it is. As a submission in an art competition - meh, but I still heavily appreciate it. What I really, really like about it though, is the story behind it, that is the creation of your group on HL2RP. Idk, I personally love when groups make their own sprays, and this one is really decent.
thumbup1.gif
good luck on the group fams

@alexD0, I'd upload that poster somewhere else man, the site fucks up the image no matter what you do. I uploaded it to imgur, but I recommend DeviantArt or any other page that doesn't compress images. Either way, it's a nice little screenshot with some quality scene present. It's action packed, well lit and while not too much of a laser show, it's still alright. There are obviously some problems with effects, like these glowing eyes on the right, but the framing and general feel of this poster uplift it enough for me not to care. Play around with stuff like that and try to add a little bit more "oompf" by changing colors and editing outside of Gmod, preferably with PhotoShop. Good luck mang

Late champions, here they come

The guy who swept them all, @Cookie_

3JUHE6v.jpg

Great framing, great lighting, great everything. Not much to comment here, really

--------------------------------

Silver boys of this round: @Exile, @Spungey, @Neythi, @Antloin

222459dc14bc.jpg

Definitely your best piece, yet another winner with great framing. I also adore the scenery and colors

RxCpWBM.jpg

Sheesh, just take the silver and leave man

446cd3d256bb.jpg

Great scenografy and posing, but I'd play with lighting. It's a little boring right now without interesting lighting, but I still give it a solid 9/10

dczokfr-e09587c7-41a3-4702-9dca-ab4bd56e63e0.png

I'm going to speak to the server directors myself if they won't make this one a loading screen

k bye

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
Hey-o

@John McRee, I always have a soft spot for Alien, and if it's done so well, then I can't really whine at all. It's a solid, well posed poster with an alright camera angle. All it needs is a little "oomph", either from editing or adding something else to the picture (maybe a perspective on a corridor behind them, with mangled bodies lying on the ground). What you've got right here, right now looks more like a screenshot from a game (a good screenshot, that is) rather than something that could be used as a wallpaper. I dig it either way tho, so a
p8Xx1wNHpy4JeYFr2AC4NuPJpQN1cM1vX7oXLa1jd_VxzOK3MXxSbwCGcqA_4uMvvzwmnbStDLl9wcWpDnD6hbwEjGKq0wxUaJNJwygJ2d-Q0-061Z4RiSxj-5thGW_IIMHslJY
is a must

@$Vex$, honestly, it's a pretty decent concept, you just chose a bad room for it imo. I'd personally go for something like this, just with that sword being risen and shining like in your version. Brighten up the background, maybe add there either fallen warriors, or some that are still fighting. I know Dark Souls is all about loneliness, but you can strife from that a little bit and no-one will get mad I think. I'd also abstain from straightening these characters so much. A little bit of lean can make it look far more natural. Goodie tho

@liew, it's a weird poster, but I sure as hell can't say that it's bad. It has some weird posing, especially on that falling (?) guy on the right and the copster. I'd give the viewer a bit better clarification of the said man is getting shot at by lighting that pistol the cop is holding. It's pretty decently filled with stuff, but it doesn't really co-operate with eachother, as for example people in the back don't do shit about what's happening in the foreground. Despite all that I said though, it's fairly well made poster with nice, vivid colors and little touch of that editing. Need a bit of refining in terms of details, but it's a goodie overall

@Elan,
thumbup1.gif
for now, but when you'll have it all finished, hit us up dude. Would love to see it in full glory

@Omni, as a spray - totally alright, it's great as it is. As a submission in an art competition - meh, but I still heavily appreciate it. What I really, really like about it though, is the story behind it, that is the creation of your group on HL2RP. Idk, I personally love when groups make their own sprays, and this one is really decent.
thumbup1.gif
good luck on the group fams

@alexD0, I'd upload that poster somewhere else man, the site fucks up the image no matter what you do. I uploaded it to imgur, but I recommend DeviantArt or any other page that doesn't compress images. Either way, it's a nice little screenshot with some quality scene present. It's action packed, well lit and while not too much of a laser show, it's still alright. There are obviously some problems with effects, like these glowing eyes on the right, but the framing and general feel of this poster uplift it enough for me not to care. Play around with stuff like that and try to add a little bit more "oompf" by changing colors and editing outside of Gmod, preferably with PhotoShop. Good luck mang

Late champions, here they come

The guy who swept them all, @Cookie_

3JUHE6v.jpg

Great framing, great lighting, great everything. Not much to comment here, really

--------------------------------

Silver boys of this round: @Exile, @Spungey, @Neythi, @Antloin

222459dc14bc.jpg

Definitely your best piece, yet another winner with great framing. I also adore the scenery and colors

RxCpWBM.jpg

Sheesh, just take the silver and leave man

446cd3d256bb.jpg

Great scenografy and posing, but I'd play with lighting. It's a little boring right now without interesting lighting, but I still give it a solid 9/10

dczokfr-e09587c7-41a3-4702-9dca-ab4bd56e63e0.png

I'm going to speak to the server directors myself if they won't make this one a loading screen

k bye
thanks mang, i have PS, will work on some more now

Status
Not open for further replies.