Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Man wearing a helmet

If you don't use 3 main lights, 3 shadowless back lights, and 3 dim shadowless mains

you're losing, chief.
I'm deadass.
Not using 35 lights to simulate subsurface scattering
stock-photo-kids-laughing-at-their-classmate-466454129.jpg

Reactions: List

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Hey, why aren't you using WhiteBrother1488's German models? They have 4K textures. Also you have a lot of empty space there on the right.
Never understood why ppl are like "omg models aren't Hd EnoUGHHHHH" or "eugh not sharp enough edges".

Even in art college people obsess over these things - in our case it's conveying a story, or message or 'scene'.
Art is so much more than that, sounds corny af but it means a lot to me and if I only ever made scenes, builds, or posters purely on being the most HD thing ever and not conveying anything else;

I'd stop, fast.

*And we're limited by models of course, we're using an old ass game folks.*

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
4k textures are superfluous

2k or even 1k are more than enough. 4k does nothing but suck up memory*

*in source engine

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
THIS WEEK'S THEME IS:

ultraviolence

i want the nastiest things your dirty little brains can muster. blood and gore spilling over the ground like water through a sieve. fucking DO IT.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
clarification
ultraviolence isnt just regular violence, ultraviolence is going above and beyond the call of murder to inflict pain and serving on pieces of polygons

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
clarification
ultraviolence isnt just regular violence, ultraviolence is going above and beyond the call of murder to inflict pain and serving on pieces of polygons
I want to see Junji Ito levels of grotesque shit lads

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
Having us all vote will kill this thread, people post to get personalised critique. If you cannot do it yourself delegate out to willing people who've done good in the past to help break down and comment on pieces each week. Themes and actual prizes are a nice idea but if you don't maintain the core of this thread it's gonna wither away. Make us reliant on gifts and when those dry up so does the thread.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Having us all vote will kill this thread, people post to get personalised critique. If you cannot do it yourself delegate out to willing people who've done good in the past to help break down and comment on pieces each week. Themes and actual prizes are a nice idea but if you don't maintain the core of this thread it's gonna wither away. Make us reliant on gifts and when those dry up so does the thread.

voting just leads to memes getting wins

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
How does your piece conform to this week's theme of ultraviolence my artist?

Please provide a detailed explanation or retract your work.

the enclave make you want to enact ultraviolence against them

Status
Not open for further replies.