Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Microsoft paint does not provide much attention to detail.
If anything it's the motion blur that drives me crazy.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
lmao who did this :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

05W764e.png

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
when does dumbhead review shit its been a week
Talking shit about the only jury in public, smh fam, I think I'm going to deny you from winning this week
Nice volumetrics on the first poster tho, and the second one would be a guaranteed win, if you wouldn't be winning so much

Oh, and yeah, about that giveaway, here are the results:
https://i.gyazo.com/2ccc41df0cb86e8beedbebac266d4fec.gif

Oh look, even the colors matched. Someone tell @Adrenaline to add me on Steam for that game of his

@Tyrone, that's actually pretty good. Not an editor person, but it seems pretty spicy either way. Kinda don't get why there's a sad guy in the middle, but it's neato either way. Can't really say much, it's just
thumbup1.gif

@Club Ace, I'll just judge the first one, since the second one is more of a test I guess.
So, I'll put it that way, it looks as if you'd be halfway to finishing that pose, but then you'd just say "aw, fuck it". When I cover the right part of the screen, I can see a fairly well made poster, even if it's just a standard, imported sequence, just with a bit too much of gamma. Then I cover the left part of the screen, looking at the right one, and it looks completly shit to be frank. The background has no lighting whatsoever, which doesn't fit that style of going heavy on colors and lights, but just throws a blank, dull building straight in your face. I suppose that you know what I mean about that, so I'm going to go for the camera, and repeat what I say pretty much every week: THE RULE OF THIRDS. It honestly can make magic in a poster, and here, it'd show a bit more of that rifle, while removing some of that lazy background. Bit too over the top with all this lighting, but it's cool either way

@Scone !, you wouldn't be able to win two times in a row either way, orr at least, I try to don't let stuff like that happen too frequently, so yeah.
It's pretty cool again, but it has the same issue as the previous ones, that is lack of details, and/or background filling. This hyena looks cool as fuck, but when it comes to the background, it looks pretty basic, even as if it'd be drawn by a kid. If you'd get some more of that grass sticking out, as well as few animals+bushes+birds around in the background, then it'd be worthy even putting on a wall if I were to judge.
thumbup1.gif

@4lpha, a pretty conceptless poster to be frank. I can't see nothing interesting here, except for the editing, which is subtle, but made pretty nicely. I suppose that the main thing you should focus on, would be getting some neat camera angle. I'd go for something like this, to give the poster some character that'd display some emotions. Can't really say anything else, since other than that, it's pretty barebones. It's just it's idea doesn't belong my my likings

@Elan, again with an outstanding editing, but a medicore posing. Like in the two above, you should get some of that rule of thirds into action. You should also work at posing, and probably zoom in way more, so we'd only see the upper half of that guy's body. Next time you pose, I'd suggest you to just stand up, and 'pose yourself' into the way you want your character to look like. Then, try to not in your mind which muscle of your body moves in that action, especially those around the spine; it's really rare to see a good pose with the character not having his chest rotated anywhere, or bending forward, even a bit. Could also add more people around, like, a small group of three more people, and it'd do.
thumbup1.gif
anyways

@spectry, honorary, you know it all either way,
thumbup1.gif

@Hoblit, it's a really nice photo, will admit, but there are few things that bug me a bit. First one, the dark part, where city should be, is unnecessarly large. Same goes to the photo itself actually, since it's so big, that it's resolution sucks. Last thing is the editing, which this one lacks. Now, look at this one, and tell me if you see the difference after 2 minutes of editing.

@Eddard Stark, as in few previous ones, it's pretty empty on the background. Not too shabby concept though, just a shame that it's very low res. I like those volumetrics though, and generally lighting there. All this really needs now is just some spice added to it, probably some dead bodies in the background, considering that the main guy is reloading. Is gucci tho

@Bastion, a quick, simple poster with a 'oil painting' filter snapped onto it. Looking good though

So ye

Big one to @Aleks, Spectry pretty much summed it all up
Gotta love that lighting. If it's all yours, then you have a talent to do it on your first try

sUj9YVs.png

and @dee pixel plus @spectry

ndaldDs.jpg

5608bf9819.jpg

I swear to God, I'll strangle you myself @MaXenzie

Last edited:

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
Talking shit about the only jury in public, smh fam, I think I'm going to deny you from winning this week
Nice volumetrics on the first poster tho, and the second one would be a guaranteed win, if you wouldn't be winning so much

Oh, and yeah, about that giveaway, here are the results:
https://i.gyazo.com/2ccc41df0cb86e8beedbebac266d4fec.gif

Oh look, even the colors matched. Someone tell @Adrenaline to add me on Steam for that game of his

@Tyrone, that's actually pretty good. Not an editor person, but it seems pretty spicy either way. Kinda don't get why there's a sad guy in the middle, but it's neato either way. Can't really say much, it's just
thumbup1.gif

@Club Ace, I'll just judge the first one, since the second one is more of a test I guess.
So, I'll put it that way, it looks as if you'd be halfway to finishing that pose, but then you'd just say "aw, fuck it". When I cover the right part of the screen, I can see a fairly well made poster, even if it's just a standard, imported sequence, just with a bit too much of gamma. Then I cover the left part of the screen, looking at the right one, and it looks completly shit to be frank. The background has no lighting whatsoever, which doesn't fit that style of going heavy on colors and lights, but just throws a blank, dull building straight in your face. I suppose that you know what I mean about that, so I'm going to go for the camera, and repeat what I say pretty much every week: THE RULE OF THIRDS. It honestly can make magic in a poster, and here, it'd show a bit more of that rifle, while removing some of that lazy background. Bit too over the top with all this lighting, but it's cool either way

@Scone !, you wouldn't be able to win two times in a row either way, orr at least, I try to don't let stuff like that happen too frequently, so yeah.
It's pretty cool again, but it has the same issue as the previous ones, that is lack of details, and/or background filling. This hyena looks cool as fuck, but when it comes to the background, it looks pretty basic, even as if it'd be drawn by a kid. If you'd get some more of that grass sticking out, as well as few animals+bushes+birds around in the background, then it'd be worthy even putting on a wall if I were to judge.
thumbup1.gif

@4lpha, a pretty conceptless poster to be frank. I can't see nothing interesting here, except for the editing, which is subtle, but made pretty nicely. I suppose that the main thing you should focus on, would be getting some neat camera angle. I'd go for something like this, to give the poster some character that'd display some emotions. Can't really say anything else, since other than that, it's pretty barebones. It's just it's idea doesn't belong my my likings

@Elan, again with an outstanding editing, but a medicore posing. Like in the two above, you should get some of that rule of thirds into action. You should also work at posing, and probably zoom in way more, so we'd only see the upper half of that guy's body. Next time you pose, I'd suggest you to just stand up, and 'pose yourself' into the way you want your character to look like. Then, try to not in your mind which muscle of your body moves in that action, especially those around the spine; it's really rare to see a good pose with the character not having his chest rotated anywhere, or bending forward, even a bit. Could also add more people around, like, a small group of three more people, and it'd do.
thumbup1.gif
anyways

@spectry, honorary, you know it all either way,
thumbup1.gif

@Hoblit, it's a really nice photo, will admit, but there are few things that bug me a bit. First one, the dark part, where city should be, is unnecessarly large. Same goes to the photo itself actually, since it's so big, that it's resolution sucks. Last thing is the editing, which this one lacks. Now, look at this one, and tell me if you see the difference after 2 minutes of editing.

@Eddard Stark, as in few previous ones, it's pretty empty on the background. Not too shabby concept though, just a shame that it's very low res. I like those volumetrics though, and generally lighting there. All this really needs now is just some spice added to it, probably some dead bodies in the background, considering that the main guy is reloading. Is gucci tho

@Bastion, a quick, simple poster with a 'oil painting' filter snapped onto it. Looking good though

So ye

Big one to @Aleks, Spectry pretty much summed it all up
Gotta love that lighting. If it's all yours, then you have a talent to do it on your first try

sUj9YVs.png

and @dee pixel plus @spectry

ndaldDs.jpg

5608bf9819.jpg

I swear to God, I'll strangle you myself @MaXenzie
Wow winning on my first go, that's awesome. And yes I did do this myself but I did take tips from all the great guides we have here! Also credit to @FieldersNL and @Erkor for making me want to come back to SFM.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae

tbh it was suppose to be jacket driving a delorean with a greenscreen background of
images

but i dont know greenscreen and tbh i would of majorly fucked it up, as someone mentally inperfect as me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.