Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andke

Quark
Nebulae
Unfortunately I've had work nonstop this week in particular so I was unable to finish this themed piece, I'm pumping out the low quality version for my entry

63f5b1adf768eb33af13c9fd25ff1cee.png

looks like that monkey that ripped off that lady's face several years ago

Reactions: List

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
I'm quite tired today, been sleeping 5/6 hours a day for a week, so excuse me for being brief now

@Aleks, huge plus for the originality, it's a neat little idea. I also really like posing on most of the characters, they really look alive by it. However, the storyteller himself is a bit stiff, plus isn't really pointing the flashlight onto himself, but rather in the sky. His expression is also quite dull. You could pose him bending forward, with one of his hands holding the flashlight and the second just waving around, as his face shows how into the story he is. It's not bad though, even if it seems to be rushed.
thumbup1.gif

@Kurumi Nya, I don't know which map you used, but I want it now. Send in the link fam.
Scenery, alongside with lighting looks pretty good here. All I have problem with here, is the boring camera angle, which looks more like something from a in-game dialogue screen in an RPG (really, just slap a box with few options of what to say and it'll be a perfect imitation of a game). Editing here is minimal, but cool either way. Honestly, if it weren't for the camera angle and unclear concept of what's going on, I'd definitely give it a pass on the winning this round.
thumbup1.gif

@Heck, it's honestly just unfinished, so I'll leave it there as it is

@zigbomb, this one belongs to some SFM meme subreddit. Nice lighting and camera angle though. Also, where did you got these models from?

@RGB, it's not as bad as you say. Yeah, it might be unfinished, but what has been done is just stunning. Finish it up, and you've got yourself a sure win next round.
thumbup1.gif

@Eddard Stark, @Anleas covered you a bit, but I'd also move the demon to the right, so it doesn't mix with the Doom Guy that's in the same colors. Add in more lighting from the lava pit as well. It's ok in any other aspect

So yeah, @247-0006-0001 'Jimbo' gets the big prize, I don't think I need to say why

D5C801961BE40D2400E6EB386A7E1E1BAC92F655

Take a short vacation

And the second, honorary winner is @Club Ace. There's just something that I can't
name that makes it wallpaper worthy

60BEDCDBBFEDE635E32220F88C8A781EDC192F9F

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm quite tired today, been sleeping 5/6 hours a day for a week, so excuse me for being brief now

@Aleks, huge plus for the originality, it's a neat little idea. I also really like posing on most of the characters, they really look alive by it. However, the storyteller himself is a bit stiff, plus isn't really pointing the flashlight onto himself, but rather in the sky. His expression is also quite dull. You could pose him bending forward, with one of his hands holding the flashlight and the second just waving around, as his face shows how into the story he is. It's not bad though, even if it seems to be rushed.
thumbup1.gif

@Kurumi Nya, I don't know which map you used, but I want it now. Send in the link fam.
Scenery, alongside with lighting looks pretty good here. All I have problem with here, is the boring camera angle, which looks more like something from a in-game dialogue screen in an RPG (really, just slap a box with few options of what to say and it'll be a perfect imitation of a game). Editing here is minimal, but cool either way. Honestly, if it weren't for the camera angle and unclear concept of what's going on, I'd definitely give it a pass on the winning this round.
thumbup1.gif

@Heck, it's honestly just unfinished, so I'll leave it there as it is

@zigbomb, this one belongs to some SFM meme subreddit. Nice lighting and camera angle though. Also, where did you got these models from?

@RGB, it's not as bad as you say. Yeah, it might be unfinished, but what has been done is just stunning. Finish it up, and you've got yourself a sure win next round.
thumbup1.gif

@Eddard Stark, @Anleas covered you a bit, but I'd also move the demon to the right, so it doesn't mix with the Doom Guy that's in the same colors. Add in more lighting from the lava pit as well. It's ok in any other aspect

So yeah, @247-0006-0001 'Jimbo' gets the big prize, I don't think I need to say why

D5C801961BE40D2400E6EB386A7E1E1BAC92F655

Take a short vacation

And the second, honorary winner is @Club Ace. There's just something that I can't
name that makes it wallpaper worthy

60BEDCDBBFEDE635E32220F88C8A781EDC192F9F
Found the models on the workshop and stuff

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae

Examine. Identify. Terminate.

tajOSIC.jpg

"The darker side of the universe chooses a side, and one side only. The world Chose autonomously"
"What? You're mad..."
"Yeah you wish, do you wonder what's behind those doors? A Passage to the past..."

Nya

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
thumbup1.gif

The map is actually RP_LR_Refuge_V1 .
Everything that's green has been added by myself using different content from both Hl2rp and WW3rp.
But yeah, I still need to get the hang of those camera angles. Thanks for the feedback though!
The map is great for posing though, it's pretty dark but that makes well placed lighting have a great effect on everything.

@Lemon Cuntcake

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
DC27A1791781139843C524EEA34C97DF4B65AC67

So I discovered a loophole in picmonkey, and managed to use all the bells and whistles of the site with the power of lightshot, this is more of a throwaway picture, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.