News CONFLICT 2: White Forest - Announcement and Info, 15/06/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
ents are to be used by union factions, rebels won't get easy ent access straight away, we're hoping this forces rebels to be more conservative in their engagements, picking and choosing as they are limited in resources

to counter balance this, the union leads will be in TS at the time of the event and will be able to receive fallback/advance requests in the event of a firefight dragging on too long or too pointlessly

there will be one major outpost for rebels (the town) and one for the union (the bunker), with smaller outposts between (lake house and villa) with the possibility of groups making their own settlements in the campsites and structures around the pass

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
1 day event? I thought this wanna gonna be like pripyiat or something. Makes me wonder how much we will actually do during one day timespand.
my reasoning is to not overstay our welcome and let people get bored
we want pace, brevity and a sense of urgency

it's also down to the fact ive seen too many 100 slot events that have gone on for 2-3 days and have basically run out of decent content before day 2

Reactions: List

Macho

Nucleus
Nebulae
it's also down to the fact ive seen too many 100 slot events that have gone on for 2-3 days and have basically run out of decent content before day 2
I think people are more bored of D47 than this actual event, I think people would actually wanna stay on this map for like 2-3 days rather than siting around in D47 ideling.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I think people are more bored of D47 than this actual event, I think people would actually wanna stay on this map for like 2-3 days rather than siting around in D47 ideling.
i understand but

this is one part of a larger upcoming campaign of events on this scale
as hinted at by BQ and Jay

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae

but you see

we don't want another bitter lake
or another pripyat.

we want a good event that atleast the entire server can take part in, if they wish, and have it not majorly impact the RP of people in certain factions.

Macho

Nucleus
Nebulae
we want a good event that atleast the entire server can take part in,
It will probably be full 24/7 until the event ends. Giving people a 2-3 day time would make more people experiance it.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
we don't want another bitter lake

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
actually what did he mean by this

events without repercussions are garbage
yeah like

who is "we" in that quote

i dont know a single person who doesnt want that lmao

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
wanting a three day event when events on this grand a scale are known to lose traction and fall apart from the first day leading into the second

lol?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Where's your motivation

i was actually there for bitter lake :P
i wasn't a major fan, because i didnt have a rebel character.

fuck you bitter lake was good

and, while we're at it, i think pripyat was alright for what it was worth

bitter lake was good for a day.
it was good. so was pripyat.

but they were heavily faction-based. Bitter lake was mostly for the Rebels, pripyat was also mostly for Rebels but with some decent CP interactions.

It will probably be full 24/7 until the event ends. Giving people a 2-3 day time would make more people experiance it.

the content of the event will squander past the first day, unless a major roadmap is established. atleast, give them a reason to not do everything right now, and to let them do it later.

actually what did he mean by this

events without repercussions are garbage

i dont mean no repercussions.
i mean those other events left out quite a few factions due to the lack of space, and rp potential for them.

f79.jpeg

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i mean those other events left out quite a few factions due to the lack of space, and rp potential for them.
you mean those factions who've been known to cause s2k shitfests among each other

they were left out for the better of the event, and it was a conscious choice

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
you mean those factions who've been known to cause s2k shitfests among each other

they were left out for the better of the event, and it was a conscious choice

I didnt know W.I caused S2K shitfests.
or CAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.