8th generation bastard
Nebulae
sZZw8nf.png

Reactions: List

Rare21

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
people are so gullible to believe a RCE exploit has been found in less than 4 hours from the leak just because some dude shouted it on twitter with no proof

and the cathook images are just memes coming from their discord lol

i'd rather be worried about an existing steam API exploit

Rare21

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i heard this was caused by a dude at valve who had a mental breakdown
originally might be

apparently a dev member of tyler's team leaked this specific archive and there's some interesting proof over at:

mega-archive\full.7z\cstrike15_src\game\shared\cstrike15\unknown.png
v74kAOV.png

lol @ the dedicated anime storage

a screencap containing a discord notification from Concernedfella (aka danielmm8888, dev of tyler's old team)
there's also a /personal/tyler directory containing vmfs in the f-stop directory

SpookyWolf07

Quark
Nebulae
tfw all I wanted to do was play HL2RP because I'm stuck at home 24/7 and I'm unsure if I can even do that.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm sorry for being stupid but what does this even mean, that you can make cheats for source games easier or what

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
There's no proof of RCEs happening, and seeing as its been leaked before why wouldn't RCE attacks happen already?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tfw all I wanted to do was play HL2RP because I'm stuck at home 24/7 and I'm unsure if I can even do that.
I'm sorry for being stupid but what does this even mean, that you can make cheats for source games easier or what
You can play HL2RP just fine. Garry even confirmed on twitter, there's zero reason Gmod would be impacted.

As for why this is so serious, yeah. You basically can make mods for both games easily now, find a lot of new and potentially dangerous hacks and exploits very easily, etc. This isn't quite as big as prior leaks were at the time, still fairly heavy (even if its been out in the wild for two years now).