Cyberpunk 2077

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
dee pixel's coronavirus post-prologue review:

wewie thas a good game

now i'll admit, i had a lot of reservations about this game prior to playing it. when i first heard about it, i was unrealistically hyped like many of my peers. but as the months went by and the release date approached, my hype was tempered by delays, reality checks and subtle insights into the game's development cycle. for a while i was worried that it would be terrible, that all the excitement would amount to a waste of $60 and a quiet fart of a video game whose only memorable quality would be the ability to design the contours of your avatar's genitals.

but thankfully, that wasn't the case.

i went in subtly expecting a tacky, bug-addled mess of seizure lights and shallow anti-corporatism ironically built off worker abuse. i was instead met with a compelling, authentic glimpse into an absurd ancap wasteland where you can pack blades into your arms and play fight club with keanu reeves (also built off worker abuse). the dialogue and memorable characters combined with a setting that dripped with atmosphere drew me in like nothing before. it's been a while since a video game was able to instill such awe in me with its storytelling.

some highlights:

adam smasher's first on screen appearance during evelyn's braindance was terrifying. he creeps me out everytime he's on screen but that first encounter was so incredibly intimidating that i actually dreaded the potential of encountering him later on. fucker has a presence.

the confrontation between the elder arasaka and his son and the former's subsequent death by his child's hands were so tense i forgot i wasn't just watching a film play out

the deaths of jackie and t-bug genuinely upset me because they were set up to be your loyal friends and crewmates and instead died avoidably and unceremoniously

the first silverhands memory weren't at all tedious, but felt like retreading the steps of a legend

now to be fair, my standards for game mechanics are basically in the fucking dirt. like, i got way more enjoyment out of vanilla skyrim than i should have. that's how low my standards are. and i can see where the gameplay is shoddy and why its would trouble some. combat can be confusing. npcs sometimes flicker into the nth dimension. there can be awkward pauses in dialogue when the game frantically tries to find its dm notes so it can figure out where the fuck the next objective marker should go. animations are awkward, pedestrians randomly cower for no reason, the prologue is a bit gratuitous with the cutscenes. it certainly has its fair share of bugs and annoying designs, but they don't shake my own enjoyment of the game.

all in all, i felt it was a well written foray into a criminally underappreciated franchise crafted by talented, dedicated people who should sue and/or crucify their bosses for forcing them to crunch. fuck the suits, we are just as guilty for buying this glimmering piece of forced labor as they are for larping corpo in real life. thank you.

edit: also the customization was a little weak but it's primarily a first person game. plus i'd rather have 10 preset faces that look like faces and not a bunch of sliders that control the tone and width of your character's play-doh cheekbones (looking at you, bethesda. all those fucks in the capital wasteland look like they were birthed from the same sister-mom)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7099

ok i dont have the game yet but i jus wanna say this the viewmodel animations pretty well-animated, i appreciate how instead of going with the annoying tacti-cool 'reload so incredibly fast the player can't process the mediocre reload animation' garbage that a lot of games (call of duty comes to mind) do
imo they're a little floaty and not as satisfying as they can be but they're just the right speed and nicely done enough for me to appreciate
: ) ramblings of a viewmodel nerd

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Neat little detail I wanna mention because it blew my fucking mind

So I had to interrogate a dude for a story mission and one of the dialogue options it gave me actually referenced a completely optional side gig that I handled earlier on. The fact that those things can play into main story missions blew my mind. Basically V went "You know what happened to this dude right? You wanna end up the same?"

I don't know if this is the only instance that this occurs, but there's probably more.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
ive noticed some people are binging cyberpunk ridiculously fast like gaming 10 hours non stop through the fucking NIGHT till dawn

that's not fun, stop hurting yourself, you won't enjoy the game as much while deprived on sleep. you're bound to miss a lot of details

you don't wanna burn through a game that took 8 years to come out, in 8 days. you will be severely disappointed

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ive noticed some people are binging cyberpunk ridiculously fast like gaming 10 hours non stop through the fucking NIGHT till dawn

that's not fun, stop hurting yourself, you won't enjoy the game as much while deprived on sleep. you're bound to miss a lot of details

you don't wanna burn through a game that took 8 years to come out, in 8 days. you will be severely disappointed
20% main story 80% side shit

golden rule for me

like 5 hours a day max too

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
tangled-1.jpg

meredith stout > judy

sorry not sorry
[doublepost=1607673580][/doublepost]

fuck off man, im just drivin'

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i realize im not massively overlevelled for the main story and i realize i haven't been doing the standard CDPR affair of doing every single side mission before ever touching the story

so thats why im getting killed so much

mert

Atom
Nebulae
i realize im not massively overlevelled for the main story and i realize i haven't been doing the standard CDPR affair of doing every single side mission before ever touching the story

so thats why im getting killed so much

should have gone gun-blazing nomad like me

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
should have gone gun-blazing nomad like me

i am getting fucking punked by trying to make a Techie build ngl

i can craft a gun that is epic but does subpar damage in comparison to the average damage of the weapons the enemies use

Alyx Vance

CEO of Apple
Nebulae
dee pixel's coronavirus post-prologue review:

wewie thas a good game

now i'll admit, i had a lot of reservations about this game prior to playing it. when i first heard about it, i was unrealistically hyped like many of my peers. but as the months went by and the release date approached, my hype was tempered by delays, reality checks and subtle insights into the game's development cycle. for a while i was worried that it would be terrible, that all the excitement would amount to a waste of $60 and a quiet fart of a video game whose only memorable quality would be the ability to design the contours of your avatar's genitals.

but thankfully, that wasn't the case.

i went in subtly expecting a tacky, bug-addled mess of seizure lights and shallow anti-corporatism ironically built off worker abuse. i was instead met with a compelling, authentic glimpse into an absurd ancap wasteland where you can pack blades into your arms and play fight club with keanu reeves (also built off worker abuse). the dialogue and memorable characters combined with a setting that dripped with atmosphere drew me in like nothing before. it's been a while since a video game was able to instill such awe in me with its storytelling.

some highlights:

adam smasher's first on screen appearance during evelyn's braindance was terrifying. he creeps me out everytime he's on screen but that first encounter was so incredibly intimidating that i actually dreaded the potential of encountering him later on. fucker has a presence.

the confrontation between the elder arasaka and his son and the former's subsequent death by his child's hands were so tense i forgot i wasn't just watching a film play out

the deaths of jackie and t-bug genuinely upset me because they were set up to be your loyal friends and crewmates and instead died avoidably and unceremoniously

the first silverhands memory weren't at all tedious, but felt like retreading the steps of a legend

now to be fair, my standards for game mechanics are basically in the fucking dirt. like, i got way more enjoyment out of vanilla skyrim than i should have. that's how low my standards are. and i can see where the gameplay is shoddy and why its would trouble some. combat can be confusing. npcs sometimes flicker into the nth dimension. there can be awkward pauses in dialogue when the game frantically tries to find its dm notes so it can figure out where the fuck the next objective marker should go. animations are awkward, pedestrians randomly cower for no reason, the prologue is a bit gratuitous with the cutscenes. it certainly has its fair share of bugs and annoying designs, but they don't shake my own enjoyment of the game.

all in all, i felt it was a well written foray into a criminally underappreciated franchise crafted by talented, dedicated people who should sue and/or crucify their bosses for forcing them to crunch. fuck the suits, we are just as guilty for buying this glimmering piece of forced labor as they are for larping corpo in real life. thank you.

edit: also the customization was a little weak but it's primarily a first person game. plus i'd rather have 10 preset faces that look like faces and not a bunch of sliders that control the tone and width of your character's play-doh cheekbones (looking at you, bethesda. all those fucks in the capital wasteland look like they were birthed from the same sister-mom)

i am assuming u beat da game? how long did it take u

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Game downloaded, installed and it runs (with no issues so far)

ill have to play it on low though which is fine

gaming will commence as soon as i finish my classes cause education always comes first:cool:

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
edit: also the customization was a little weak but it's primarily a first person game. plus i'd rather have 10 preset faces that look like faces and not a bunch of sliders that control the tone and width of your character's play-doh cheekbones
wait how detailed is the char customization?

are there no sliders for stuff? Can you only pick like 10 preset faces or something

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

@HBaguette

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
wait how detailed is the char customization?

are there no sliders for stuff? Can you only pick like 10 preset faces or something
its more like you get 20 different nose options and then 20 different eye options etc etc instead of sliders