Cyberpunk 2077

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
the real question is why the fuck they decided to announce the game in 2013

like, everyone had forgotten about it until E3 2018 but jesus they jumped the gun

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
also dip check
71AC1E9B628EBBA7302B15E60E4BEA3E22D36E44

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the real question is why the fuck they decided to announce the game in 2013

like, everyone had forgotten about it until E3 2018 but jesus they jumped the gun
Best guess is they wanted to release it but were unhappy with it, and then proceeded to work mainly on the witcher 3(2015), worked on fixing its issues and supporting it for a few years and re-announced cyberpunk in 2018

Deleted member 3190

Nebulous Mom
Nebulae
big question

I assume there are multiple endings, without spoiling it... can anyone tell me if side quests are at all relevant to the end you might get?
they're all quite different, but yes some side missions severely effect outcome. Side missions, not Gigs

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
big question

I assume there are multiple endings, without spoiling it... can anyone tell me if side quests are at all relevant to the end you might get?
ultimately you're given multiple choices and yes side quests do effect it

what i find most important to say is that not only do side quests effect it, but some are prerequisites for some endings to even exist.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
PFFFFF HOLY SHIT

FUCK YOU LOT THAT SAID THE ENDINGS WERE MEDIOCRE

For real, despite only having gotten one ending out of like 5 I think, this one felt like the true ending? Or at least the most positive one. Everyone gets closure. Johnny got to stay with Alt, you get to stay with Panam and live out the rest of your life; albeit not much, and Arasaka is crippled. I genuinely felt, whilst perhaps not the most action-packed cliché type ending where you rescue the girl and blow everything up, it felt solid and a decent conclusion to the game's events.

I especially liked the build up to the decision you make regarding how your final mission is gonna go. Helpless, sat in Vik's operating room, literally given the choice between life or death. The delivery of lines and lighting and stuff ARGH it just felt right. You're just sat on the roof, Johnny and you mulling things over. This then leads into the whole quiet, calm prep at the Aldecaldo camp where you learn a little more about each character and their backstory, before some big action scene type deal, some boss battle against Smasher, and finally the decision. That drive with the old school song playing as you drive down from the dam with Panam was so relaxing after a click-spamming, dodge-spamming, quickhack-spamming boss battle. If you played like I did on Hard or above, you'll know what I mean.

All in all, super happy with that ending. It's like you've come full circle if you're playing the Nomad start. One of the Aldecaldo side characters even says "don't forget where you've come from." For what the game is, I feel as if it's incredibly solid and with a little polish to get rid of bugs and glitches, we're looking at a real winner.

OYVMjgr.png

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
Best guess is they wanted to release it but were unhappy with it, and then proceeded to work mainly on the witcher 3(2015), worked on fixing its issues and supporting it for a few years and re-announced cyberpunk in 2018
ironically at the end of the original teaser it said "coming when it's ready"

although it's a great game, I certainly wouldn't say it's ready

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
figuring out how to make infinite money and how to get legendary mantis blades at level 1 kinda made me less likely to do another play through

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
figuring out how to make infinite money and how to get legendary mantis blades at level 1 kinda made me less likely to do another play through
that's why i never look at these 'get money quick' guides for games, it always ends up ruining the experience

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
that's why i never look at these 'get money quick' guides for games, it always ends up ruining the experience
I haven't looked anything up, I'm playing blind, I just figured it out, because it's not a bug or whatever, actually part of the game
Although no one forcing me to do it tho so I guess it's whatever

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
PFFFFF HOLY SHIT

FUCK YOU LOT THAT SAID THE ENDINGS WERE MEDIOCRE

For real, despite only having gotten one ending out of like 5 I think, this one felt like the true ending? Or at least the most positive one. Everyone gets closure. Johnny got to stay with Alt, you get to stay with Panam and live out the rest of your life; albeit not much, and Arasaka is crippled. I genuinely felt, whilst perhaps not the most action-packed cliché type ending where you rescue the girl and blow everything up, it felt solid and a decent conclusion to the game's events.

I especially liked the build up to the decision you make regarding how your final mission is gonna go. Helpless, sat in Vik's operating room, literally given the choice between life or death. The delivery of lines and lighting and stuff ARGH it just felt right. You're just sat on the roof, Johnny and you mulling things over. This then leads into the whole quiet, calm prep at the Aldecaldo camp where you learn a little more about each character and their backstory, before some big action scene type deal, some boss battle against Smasher, and finally the decision. That drive with the old school song playing as you drive down from the dam with Panam was so relaxing after a click-spamming, dodge-spamming, quickhack-spamming boss battle. If you played like I did on Hard or above, you'll know what I mean.

All in all, super happy with that ending. It's like you've come full circle if you're playing the Nomad start. One of the Aldecaldo side characters even says "don't forget where you've come from." For what the game is, I feel as if it's incredibly solid and with a little polish to get rid of bugs and glitches, we're looking at a real winner.

OYVMjgr.png
That's definitely the best ending yeah, I'd say I probably got something along the lines of the second best.

My only issue is that there's no option to save V's life whatsoever and there's also no ending that allows you to continue playing the game afterward and actually LIVE OUT V becoming that night city legend.

Trust me when I say, though, you got the best one; the rest are vastly disappointing in comparison.

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae
on a real note, tyger claws gang voice acting is really good in my opinion, wish they did female V better