Cyberpunk 2077

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly i just didnt like the game that much conceptually

i played cyberpunk as a ttrpg

to me cyberpunk is the struggle to remain human in an inhuman world, being forced to augment yourself and deal with your disassociation from humanity as you hack off more limbs and replace them with cybernetics as you spiral down a neverending circle of being forced to take higher-paying jobs to work off your debts to get cybernetics that you bought in prep for your previous job

meanwhile in the game you can just drop 30 grand, augment every single part of your body, and call it a day

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I’m replaying the game again and I enjoy it
[doublepost=1626230908][/doublepost]
The only good thing about the game was the atmosphere and the storyline. Core gameplay is far worse than any other game I’ve played.
I like the gameplay tbh

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
honestly i just didnt like the game that much conceptually

i played cyberpunk as a ttrpg

to me cyberpunk is the struggle to remain human in an inhuman world, being forced to augment yourself and deal with your disassociation from humanity as you hack off more limbs and replace them with cybernetics as you spiral down a neverending circle of being forced to take higher-paying jobs to work off your debts to get cybernetics that you bought in prep for your previous job

meanwhile in the game you can just drop 30 grand, augment every single part of your body, and call it a day
for cyberpunk games I prefer shadow run really wanna do a ttrpg of it

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
like @Grand said, I also loved the story the most.
you got close with the main character in some way, and with Johnny Silverhand, you didn't want to lose either of them. the sickness trope is of course not a new one, looking at RDR2 for example. still, I think it's well done because you still think you can save each other with all the help you get.

of course, it sucks a lot that none of the endings are really expanded upon as of yet, I'd really like to finally attack the space station in that ending. Let's hope they bring something good out, similar to the Witcher 3. still, original hype is dead and is unlikely to come back :/

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i still think that johnny silverhand was the best way of doing a companion in a singleplayer game ever
i fucking hate the parts of a companion in games that have them running alongside you being shit at shooting, getting in the way and exercising their poor AI. i love the dialogue. in cyberpunk we got a companion with JUST the dialogue

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
i still think that johnny silverhand was the best way of doing a companion in a singleplayer game ever
i fucking hate the parts of a companion in games that have them running alongside you being shit at shooting, getting in the way and exercising their poor AI. i love the dialogue. in cyberpunk we got a companion with JUST the dialogue
yeah it was really well executed, how he'd appear in the background or just be there talking to you and considering how a lot of his animations are handmade and not generic copy paste ones they really look good and like they belong there

plus as i said many pages back, keanu does a fantastic job at portraying the character. i thought it'd be really cringey "you're breathtaking" meme man there, but the voice and personality and whatever really brings the character to life

Nebulae
i tried out a mod that makes both you and the enemies incredibly squishy but it made the game too easy cuz they always have piss poor reaction times in a firefight

if i see some good mods on that vid ill think about getting back in

mods are good boys, learn to install mods in this game. check out nexusmods. if you already have c2077 its worth it

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
for cyberpunk games I prefer shadow run really wanna do a ttrpg of it

i wanna learn shadow run ttrpg so bad, its just hard to learn
[doublepost=1626284430][/doublepost]
i tried out a mod that makes both you and the enemies incredibly squishy but it made the game too easy cuz they always have piss poor reaction times in a firefight

if i see some good mods on that vid ill think about getting back in

mods are good boys, learn to install mods in this game. check out nexusmods. if you already have c2077 its worth it

holding out hope that the mod kit does wonders for the game

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
fucking same, ive played through shadowrun hong kong like 3 times and really wanna do some shit like that

is hong kong good? ive played the insect one
biggest thing is like, i only ever DM, and i want to be a player on a new system before i DM, you know?
also i just dont like the magic system

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
is hong kong good? ive played the insect one
biggest thing is like, i only ever DM, and i want to be a player on a new system before i DM, you know?
also i just dont like the magic system
hong kong is the best-released shadowrun game, so good
and ye the system is basically maths where sometimes you rp, ive honestly seen people say if you wanna play shadowrun just use another system and skin it to be shadowrun

i really wanna try lancer at some point tho mech shit is cool

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
holding out hope that the mod kit does wonders for the game
they already made cop chases possible lol
[doublepost=1626285865][/doublepost]
hong kong is the best-released shadowrun game, so good
and ye the system is basically maths where sometimes you rp, ive honestly seen people say if you wanna play shadowrun just use another system and skin it to be shadowrun

i really wanna try lancer at some point tho mech shit is cool
man i really want to like shadowrrun games but i cant get over the magic and different high fantasy races

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
they already made cop chases possible lol
[doublepost=1626285865][/doublepost]
man i really want to like shadowrrun games but i cant get over the magic and different high fantasy races
to me thats what makes it cool, a mix of fantasy and cyberpunk
the games are still good tho, fun story and shit

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
makes committing crimes hold much more weight instead of simply needing to run to the next street over
tbf the crimes in cyberpunk are negligible regardless, its either u run some fella over because the car handling sucks or you accidentally shoot someone in a crowd

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

shadowrun for cyberpunk fantasy

cyberpunk for just cyberpunk

there's also other systems but those are the main 2

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
okay so i left the game a week after it came out, and came back for 3.1

i was on the mission where you meet takemura for the parade

i thought "yeah im about 25% of the way through"

then i completed the game in the next 3 hours

is it just me or was this game incredibly short? i was doing all the side gigs and quests but eventually all of them said "do a few jobs while you wait for x to call" so i decided to do some story missions in the meantime
and then the fucking game ended