Cyberpunk 2077

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
okay so i left the game a week after it came out, and came back for 3.1

i was on the mission where you meet takemura for the parade

i thought "yeah im about 25% of the way through"

then i completed the game in the next 3 hours

is it just me or was this game incredibly short? i was doing all the side gigs and quests but eventually all of them said "do a few jobs while you wait for x to call" so i decided to do some story missions in the meantime
and then the fucking game ended
yeah I finished it with only around 20 hours of playtime on steam...

Expected some more gameplay from it tbh.

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
okay so i left the game a week after it came out, and came back for 3.1

i was on the mission where you meet takemura for the parade

i thought "yeah im about 25% of the way through"

then i completed the game in the next 3 hours

is it just me or was this game incredibly short? i was doing all the side gigs and quests but eventually all of them said "do a few jobs while you wait for x to call" so i decided to do some story missions in the meantime
and then the fucking game ended
the way the game's set up you're in a rush, it makes sense. all the other side shit takes way longer and it all adds onto the ending. the game's run me almost 100 hours.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the way the game's set up you're in a rush, it makes sense. all the other side shit takes way longer and it all adds onto the ending. the game's run me almost 100 hours.

yeah it just came out of nowhere because all the side quests were telling me i had to do story quests to continue

and when i did the story quest the game fucking ended lmao

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
if you want to unlock all possible endings there is a crapton of stuff you can do, at least as far as I remember

also the difficulty you play on has a big effect imo, since certain things you will take quite a bit longer to be able to complete - I don't think you can speedrun mainstory on hardest difficulty
the build you choose also has a big effect as far as I remember, since there are ways you can move through the game mega fast

if you go silenced revolver + stealth you in essence 1 shot everything from the shadows

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my favourite ending is where i don't play the game again
I'll be honest I started off that game wanting to do a 100% playthrough and after about 80 hours of doing nothing but sidequests that kept bugging out or having their checkpoints not advance, I loved cyberpunk but I did not have the willpower to get to the games ending, uninstalled it like literally two steps away from the finale mission trigger cause I just wanted to watch someone on YouTube play it instead, that 80GB of space was better spent elsewhere.

Good game, good story, but I did not have the patience to put up with the technical issues, rather see someone else experience it at 60fps instead with all the bs edited out x

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'll be honest I started off that game wanting to do a 100% playthrough and after about 80 hours of doing nothing but sidequests that kept bugging out or having their checkpoints not advance, I loved cyberpunk but I did not have the willpower to get to the games ending, uninstalled it like literally two steps away from the finale mission trigger cause I just wanted to watch someone on YouTube play it instead, that 80GB of space was better spent elsewhere.
I played and competed it on launch pretty much. My entire play through was bugged, phone calls were stuck with the rogue delamaine overlay so I had to guess what the person looked like or remember them by name lol.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i honestly didnt have many issues with the game except for my pertinent dislike of the distinction between real missions and the ubisoft fetch quests. random people dialing me to go and kill CYBERFUCKO!! as my brain melts is not the top of my list and its really stupid because the best side quests in the game are hidden in alleyways while the dumbfuck ones were all over the map.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I played and competed it on launch pretty much. My entire play through was bugged, phone calls were stuck with the rogue delamaine overlay so I had to guess what the person looked like or remember them by name lol.
its weird how everyone's copies had seemingly different bugs

mine was relatively bug-free aside from the odd missing animation or taking a stupid amount of fall damage vaulting something

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my favourite ending is where i don't play the game again

honestly i dont think i have the patience for another run

like i theoretically want to, but the first fucking 10 hours of the game is a prologue

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
honestly i dont think i have the patience for another run

like i theoretically want to, but the first fucking 10 hours of the game is a prologue
i'd say the prologue is the strongest part of the game, the build up to the ending where you make your choice is also pretty good too but the middle parts can slog on

sots

community bear
Nebulae

Good game, good story, but I did not have the patience to put up with the technical issues, rather see someone else experience it at 60fps instead with all the bs edited out x
its really not worth 100%ing but the main storys worth doing even if u ignore the non story related side quests which it sounds like u were doing :> i completed everything i wanted to do in like 60 hours very cool

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i feel like the railroaded prologues were better than the main game

let me today present at thesis, i call it the open world thesis
the cram-in-as-much-garbage-as-you-can-thesis

disagree and agree ratings below
would you agree that cyberfuck 2077 would be a better, more enjoyable video game inherently - if they stripped out the robbery and cyberpsycho missions entirely, so that even if 50 hours of "content" was removed, you knew that every single quest you went to had been hand crafted to tell more a story than go here grab this.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

would you agree that cyberfuck 2077 would be a better, more enjoyable video game inherently - if they stripped out the robbery and cyberpsycho missions entirely, so that even if 50 hours of "content" was removed, you knew that every single quest you went to had been hand crafted to tell more a story than go here grab this.

remove the car collection part of the delemaine questline because besides that it was a great series of quests

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae

yeah it would be

i've never really been a fan of games that are go here, do this, go back to this person, which is why i don't really like rpgs. majority cyberpunk's side quests are all kinda sucky (sneak in this base and hack this computer! beat up this high health enemy in a random location! get in a random street battle and kill both sides with no repercussions!) whereas some were pretty good, such as the one as nomad v where you can find your car from the prologue

i'd much prefer a game with a super solid enjoyable main story with little to no filler side quests as opposed to an okay-ish story with 50 bajillion side missions to make the game feel longer

mert

Atom
Nebulae
if you want to unlock all possible endings there is a crapton of stuff you can do, at least as far as I remember

also the difficulty you play on has a big effect imo, since certain things you will take quite a bit longer to be able to complete - I don't think you can speedrun mainstory on hardest difficulty
the build you choose also has a big effect as far as I remember, since there are ways you can move through the game mega fast

if you go silenced revolver + stealth you in essence 1 shot everything from the shadows

contagion build makes the game even easier

had to quit because you could one shot almost every enemy in the game

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
contagion build makes the game even easier

had to quit because you could one shot almost every enemy in the game
Hacking was absolutely fucking broken and despite making my entire character, build and setup around it because I loved it for the first while I had to stop using it and go into pistols instead because just walking into any mission, using two quick hacks on a single dude and having every enemy within a five mile radius go blind + their brains melt through their ears no matter how tough or far away was kinda bonkers

I've got the maturity of a 5 year old + @Pyromancer

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i remade my CP2020 character from the tabletop into 2077

and quickly learned that TECH is by far the worst attribute

fucking crafting

in a game where every enemy you kill has a 50% chance to have a gun that's better than yours

fucking wish i could've respec'd

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
fucking wish i could've respec'd

I think the new update did have the option to respec now, I'm still doing the hacker build and have over 57.5 hours on it and yeah it does make the game very very easy. But if you want now it can be respected. Although since you've finished the game alright I suggest you just wait for whenever it is fixed 7 years from now or something