Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | SEPT 2022

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Looks like CDPR in cooperation with Studio Trigger will release a 10 episode anime series coming to Netflix in September this year. According to the trailer's description, this is the premise: "The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk."

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. I've loved CP2077's storyline so this is a welcome surprise and a good sign for the future of the game as well, never been big on Anime but this one seems interesting. What's your thoughts so far?

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
studio trigger... based....

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Given how good Arcane was, I'm willing to give a try to more game into anime series shows on netflix.
Hopefully it'll deliver.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

Looks like CDPR in cooperation with Studio Trigger will release a 10 episode anime series coming to Netflix in September this year. According to the trailer's description, this is the premise: "The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk."

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. I've loved CP2077's storyline so this is a welcome surprise and a good sign for the future of the game as well, never been big on Anime but this one seems interesting. What's your thoughts so far?

soundtrack sounds fuckin lit (cp2077 had a really good soundtrack too so)
and like... it's studio trigger, yknow? definitely a must-watch if you watch anime and if you don't mind anime it still seems like it'll be good
just hope trigger doesnt fuck up the ending... those who know they know

also i love the attention to detail so far in the trailer, it'll be really interesting to see how they work with the tech concepts and everything

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the new trailer they dropped like last week just ten-folded my hype for the show
i think it's gonna be a wild ride

personally not a big fan of anime but this is something I've been looking forward to

can't wait to binge watch it all and then become sad when it's over

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just finished it holy shit was it good, I'm back in the Cyberpunk scene babyyyyyyyyy

Rebecca fanclub report in..

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
good series, didn't expect smasher to show up for the final, felt like the creators wanted a justification for wiping (almost) the entire cast out by using someone who couldn't die due to canon

the idea of him having access to such an advanced exoskeleton is nuts though, there's no way he would've been defeated in the main game if he had gravity fuckery powers

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
good series, didn't expect smasher to show up for the final, felt like the creators wanted a justification for wiping (almost) the entire cast out by using someone who couldn't die due to canon

the idea of him having access to such an advanced exoskeleton is nuts though, there's no way he would've been defeated in the main game if he had gravity fuckery powers
yeah i honestly expected david to kill him lol cause i didnt know if the game is taking place before or after the game. it's crazy that he didn't really cause him any major damage despite having a fucking exo skeleton with gravity powers.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
MAN WHY'D REBECCA HAVE TO DIE COME ON

I have to admit I like Lucy a little bit less than I expected. She's a great character, but... eh. However the arc she and David have is great, probably also where I would've loved to see more of Becca.

I am on episode 8 and will finish it later tonight
I have never watched anime before and this is a good show

Sameeeee, I never watched anything but this is really fun probably also because I recognize so much shit from the game too

Nebulae
MAN WHY'D REBECCA HAVE TO DIE COME ON

I have to admit I like Lucy a little bit less than I expected. She's a great character, but... eh. However the arc she and David have is great, probably also where I would've loved to see more of Becca.

i dont blame you at all about lucy, they started her off as a condescending dickhead whose characterization revolved around being a vessel for teasing/humiliating david. you can tell i wasnt too fond of that either

she took a 180 right fucking quick though. i guess that's japanese writers for you, not too worried about letting go of 'feminist' tropes if it makes sense with the plot