• Yes, but.... (comment below)

• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
That's mainly a gameplay thing, a unified liberation army simply works better in a faction v faction setting compared to having multiple groups with multiple bases also shooting eachother up without uniforms etc
I think its best to allow the insurgency to determine where it goes. Having a system that equally provides through currency a means to get weapons and progress as an independent 'insurgency' group is essential. Tying all the power to one faction in hopes of having a monolithic force capable of fighting the occupying force isn't the best way to go about it when the playerbase should focus on unifying to fight them on their own accord.

I think, for people who truly want to do insurgency roleplay in their own way, want an even playing field so they can pick and choose who they work with to fight the occupiers.

This is a more realistic way, and I only pray that the playerbase actually takes initiative on doing so. If the insurgents don't want to work together, that's an IC 'con' to being an insurgent, lack of formal organization. It helps make both sides unique.

Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
I'm sure groups could come up with their own uniforms if they really wanted to, but either way that's part of the fun. Uneasy alliances and inter-faction rivalry could allow for some interesting roleplay, territorial disputes could result in negotiations or out-right conflict, factions might need to cooperate to strike occupational forces and so on.

Sure, it's WW3, but there still needs to be some RP in there, and that's a great way to go about doing it.
dont overcomplicate it this time around whenever it happens again
if you want to do stuff like this have it be a third party faction like how old-militia worked. server needs two centralized, consistent factions that provide similar slices of gameplay with only minor tweaks to provide a good balance. otherwise you'll just see a bias in playercount towards the one that's more favorable to whatever mindset they hold at the time, and will be not be very stable [[COALITION]]

like i said. the people really there for roleplay will find it one way or the other, but each side needs to consistently provide similar experiences to provide the balance the server absolutely requires. it was never much fun whenever you had 50 people on one faction and 10 on the other, which would happen because of the at times drastic different directions taken by faction leads

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
dont overcomplicate it this time around whenever it happens again
if you want to do stuff like this have it be a third party faction like how old-militia worked. server needs two centralized, consistent factions that provide similar slices of gameplay with only minor tweaks to provide a good balance. otherwise you'll just see a bias in playercount towards the one that's more favorable to whatever mindset they hold at the time, and will be not be very stable

like i said. the people really there for roleplay will find it one way or the other, but each side needs to consistently provide similar experiences to provide the balance the server absolutely requires. it was never much fun whenever you had 50 people on one faction and 10 on the other, which would happen because of the at times drastic different directions taken by faction leads
additionally to this, factions need something that players can identify with. It'll be fine at first for an insurgent faction - but over time, people will run short on ideas, as the insurgent style will be something that'll become cliche after a while.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if civs are a backseat lots of the undercover stuff will kind of be worthless

that does not disqualify intelligence stuff tho

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
additionally to this, factions need something that players can identify with. It'll be fine at first for an insurgent faction - but over time, people will run short on ideas, as the insurgent style will be something that'll become cliche after a while.
which is why east vs west was always a good idea, and why the modern version of east vs west was something each side could easily identify with and side with

most people dont care about militia, if you give them the option to be a western/eastern highly mobilized, technological nation vs the guys with rags and ak-74s, they'll choose the western/eastern guys 8/10 times

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
which is why east vs west was always a good idea, and why the mdoern version of east vs west was something each side could easily identify with and side with

most people dont care about militia, if you give them the option to be a western/eastern highly mobilized, technological nation vs the guys with rags and ak-74s, they'll choose the western/eastern guys 8/10 times

I disagree. I think its a question of whether or not you enjoy playing the underdog and a challenge while having a pretty free roleplay experience, or if you want to be in a rigid system where you can't speak your mind but you're well armed with shitty rules of engagement.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I disagree. I think its a question of whether or not you enjoy playing the underdog and a challenge while having a pretty free roleplay experience, or if you want to be in a rigid system where you can't speak your mind but you're well armed with shitty rules of engagement.

Mostly this I guess,

The aim is not so much to create a 'powerful modern' side and a 'poor, weak' side, but to create two armies with one being more rigid and hierarchical/structured with limited character origins, while the other is more freeform with the ability to have mercenaries and volunteers from virtually any country. The weapons will mostly deal the same damage for example.

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
no its a matter that the players will more often than not choose the side that they think will give them an advantage in s2k. nations with a clear ooc advantage (whether truthful or implied) will see higher turnout
see: the constant battling arguments of AK12 > M4A1, Coalition > Globs, Globs > Coalition, UCTF > USOC, etc

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I'd recommend there still be some differences. Like for example, the Army get air vehicles, artillery and so on, whilst the Insurgency gets stingers and VBIEDs. This means the Army can drop troops onto rooftops and what have you, but the Insurgency can just leave an inconspicuous car next to a road and blow up a patrol if need be, and both have counters in the form of long distance explosives and anti-air.

Shouldn't be a copy paste again, didn't work in Stasiland at the end, won't work here again. There needs to be some difference.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'd recommend there still be some differences. Like for example, the Army get air vehicles, artillery and so on, whilst the Insurgency gets stingers and VBIEDs. This means the Army can drop troops onto rooftops and what have you, but the Insurgency can just leave an inconspicuous car next to a road and blow up a patrol if need be, and both have counters in the form of long distance explosives and anti-air.

Shouldn't be a copy paste again, didn't work in Stasiland at the end, won't work here again. There needs to be some difference.
I see where you’re coming from but I disagree with the idea that either faction would be locked out of things

insurgents should still get access to air and ground vehicles through nato, but the ideas and rules around them being altered (or they flat have less of them)

otherwise u litterally have hinds flying around raping all insurgent patrols, vehicles in the end can only really be countered by other vehicles

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
otherwise u litterally have hinds flying around raping all insurgent patrols, vehicles in the end can only really be countered by other vehicles
not really, you just make the vehicles susceptible to sustained small arms fire, or just use the stingers

the point is that there's some disadvantage on either side, the army being an obvious target unless they forego most of their equipment, and the insurgency not having the same ability to easily traverse places but also remaining less conspicuous

it really is just boring otherwise

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I see where you’re coming from but I disagree with the idea that either faction would be locked out of things

insurgents should still get access to air and ground vehicles through nato, but the ideas and rules around them being altered (or they flat have less of them)

Yeah, which is also why we developed/implemented those radar-guided lock-on AA missile launchers to be airdropped for insurgents etc in Stasiland, similar to the Stingers in the afghan conflict.

But I agree that both sides should have fun with the vehicle base since it's so good. The insurgents have the makeshift craftable huey transports and armed aircraft are in the hands of the NATO Task Force, though in limited numbers and mostly used for special support rather than frontline combat.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
not really, you just make the vehicles susceptible to sustained small arms fire, or just use the stingers

the point is that there's some disadvantage on either side, the army being an obvious target unless they forego most of their equipment, and the insurgency not having the same ability to easily traverse places but also remaining less conspicuous

it really is just boring otherwise
then awesome u see a tank and all fear leaves ur body and u just shoot it a million times till it turns red and explodes

There should be differences I agree but this kind of imbalance isn’t there to satisfy the s2k schizos

the more significant differences should be on how the factions function

PACT process people and put them in pretty decent cells while insurgents tie you to a pole and forget that you exist until the yankees want to talk to you

intensive internal monitoring in the soviet faction as compared to effectively pluralistic politics in the insurgency

don’t try accommodate the role players into the s2k

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
All talks about the combat are useless because within 15 minutes of playtime someone always finds some broken ass angle somewhere or strategy or some stupid shit and everything people thought of 'oh but this side will do this and that' gets tossed out the window anyways

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
All talks about the combat are useless because within 15 minutes of playtime someone always finds some broken ass angle somewhere or strategy or some stupid shit and everything people thought of 'oh but this side will do this and that' gets tossed out the window anyways
we are, however, on helix

idk if that changes anything but it’s worth bearing in mind

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
we are, however, on helix

idk if that changes anything but it’s worth bearing in mind
watch me whip nae nae at the diner with my homies and make your tank useless, red

D

Deleted member 1381

skirmishes and actual battles are two different kettles of fish

finding an overpowered spot or angle and picking people off isnt memorable, making use of the new vehicles/equipment and having it out is and what i would assume most people want in a rehash of the gamemode pitched to be improved with unused features and addons

GenericPlayer

Nebulae
then awesome u see a tank and all fear leaves ur body and u just shoot it a million times till it turns red and explodes

There should be differences I agree but this kind of imbalance isn’t there to satisfy the s2k schizos

the more significant differences should be on how the factions function

PACT process people and put them in pretty decent cells while insurgents tie you to a pole and forget that you exist until the yankees want to talk to you

intensive internal monitoring in the soviet faction as compared to effectively pluralistic politics in the insurgency

don’t try accommodate the role players into the s2k
idk bro, risking just reskinning factions if we go down that route imho

old model just doesn't work, tried it already, there should seriously be some differences even in the S2K department, asymmetrical but balanced enough, because yeah sure it's WW3, but it's still WW3RP, just make explosives cheap as chips on the insurgent side and bump up vehicle usage on the army's side, it's not really hard if folk don't just run out into the open and get killed instantly, and if they do then it's deserved

both sides still share equipment in the form of infantry, sniper teams, grenades and what not, but the army can't really just yeet a car into a checkpoint and kill ten folk, likewise the insurgency can't just airdrop onto a roof and effectively cordon off an entire area, there are counters to everything from helicopters with stingers, tanks with RPGs and IEDs, infantry with grenade launchers, and snipers with counter snipers/mortars

just use the gadgets and you're fine

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
idk bro, risking just reskinning factions if we go down that route imho

old model just doesn't work, tried it already, there should seriously be some differences even in the S2K department, asymmetrical but balanced enough, because yeah sure it's WW3, but it's still WW3RP, just make explosives cheap as chips on the insurgent side and bump up vehicle usage on the army's side, it's not really hard if folk don't just run out into the open and get killed instantly, and if they do then it's deserved

both sides still share equipment in the form of infantry, sniper teams, grenades and what not, but the army can't really just yeet a car into a checkpoint and kill ten folk, likewise the insurgency can't just airdrop onto a roof and effectively cordon off an entire area, there are counters to everything from helicopters with stingers, tanks with RPGs and IEDs, infantry with grenade launchers, and snipers with counter snipers/mortars

just use the gadgets and you're fine
Re add JI Defensive SLAM mines and we have a deal.