• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You just brought back nightmares I didn't know I had

bouncing betties...
slam mines we’re horrible in that they were basically impossible to spot and 9/10 would either kill the squad leader instantly (first man at the front) or instantly destroy any vehicle

you could only use each spot once per session because the blood splatter on the floor betrayed the mine position

Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

@Powley has the other one

cbaf5cf7e4f3dbbabe58ad73b7f00177.png

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Although I for one enjoy the formula for WW3RP and understand that it being around has brought entertainment for a ton of people, to me; I just can’t help but look back on the schema and think that it’s previous runs as well as its lore have somewhat ran their metaphorical course. I love the 80’s setting of a Cold War going hot, but I know that the concept over the years has evolved to the point where a Garry’s Mod server based on the Cold War is easily able to be outperformed by a ton of existing titles that fill the niche; with the only issue being game accessibility since there’s still a ton of players in this community playing with low-spec PC’s.

It might just be burnout talking, but I feel as if the formula at a minimum is just being outperformed with every year that passes. If anything, what would interest me more is someone making an attempt to carve out their own path & create a server that (even if it uses the same formula) holds its own unique setting & platform beyond what we’ve tried before.

Why not something sci-fi (not the laser gun kind) oriented with outer colonies warring it out with inner colonies in a gritty space conflict of some sort? What about something set in WW2 but actually done by someone who isn’t an idiot? What about even something set in the 80’s/90’s but is a more tailored experience towards a smaller group of individuals such as a group of intelligence operatives?

Going back to basics is 100% a step though in the right direction as far as I’m concerned, not to mention the inclusion of logistics so that combat actually provides positive and negative outcomes beyond racking up game tracker kills; so I’ll at least provide merit where it’s due for looking into that part. I just feel as if the 80’s has ran its course personally, is all.

TL;DR:

The formula for WW3RP is good but it’s best parts have be isolated & made into standalone games that outperform what can be done on GMOD. I’d personally love to see a server that either holds its own new lore beyond what we’ve tried in the past, or even a completely new formula using the 80’s setting. Going back to basics & logistics is a good thing to include.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Why not something sci-fi (not the laser gun kind) oriented with outer colonies warring it out with inner colonies in a gritty space conflict of some sort? What about something set in WW2 but actually done by someone who isn’t an idiot? What about even something set in the 80’s/90’s but is a more tailored experience towards a smaller group of individuals such as a group of intelligence operatives?

alt history where america becomes the new rome with Douglas MacArthur at the helm of a balls deep invasion of manchuria and korea and canada being annexed.

Canadians, Commonwealth support vs. America.

uhh, does it make sense? probably not

could you make it plausible? maybe

D

Deleted member 3818

here are some things I'd like to see

• More realistic combat. Older versions of ww3rp's combat was far too arcadey for a server trying to realistically depict military roleplay. Felt like csgo when it should feel more akin to a mil-sim game such as project reality, squad, or something like red orchestra 2 which strikes a good balance between realism and arcade styled gameplay. For this I'd suggest doing things such as extensively modifying whatever weapon base we are using to suit this purpose, making weapons not necessarily less accurate but harder to aim with, so more weapon sway, higher recoil, slower reloading etc. As well as slowing down movement speed considerably, making you unable to swim with heavy gear, suppression effects and anything else that could help make combat feel more grounded which will hopefully help with my second point.
  • Field roleplay. By far my biggest problem with WW3RP was FOB roleplay, and I definitely don't want to see it return as I believe it to be the source of many of ww3rp's problems. If I'm playing a military roleplay game I want to roleplay doing military stuff, most of which will take place on the actual battlefield. So if you make it so that all roleplay is confined to this safe area where you can only eat at the canteen and make small talk then it's gonna be very boring, and naturally people will look to the only fun thing to do which is s2k. The problem is there is no room for roleplay in these s2k situations, if you start talking in a firefight you will likely die, it's very time sensitive. Now the solution shouldn't be anything like S2RP, I'm thinking more like trying to change the way engagements happen on the server. For this I have a couple ideas.
  1. With the more realistic combat I suggested there are various things which should help with this, slower movement speed will make it much harder to maneuverer around the enemy, no more rushing enemy positions like it's call of duty, you will have to either think about staying in a defensive position or advancing or flanking the enemy using smart tactics like suppressive fire, smoke grenades, paths with good coverage etc. And with it being harder to aim as well It should also bring more longevity to firefights, you don't gotta worry as much about some s2k god just dinking you as soon as you come into sight of each other.
  2. No FOB's! I hate fobs. I reckon all you really need is some kind of small checkpoint where recruits can get a little introduction, people can get some basic gear and regroup into a squad until they're ready to move out onto the field. From there both teams should have at least two or more small COP's, and then from there they can send out patrols and such. These should feel like actual combat outposts, no offices, no grand canteen, no high tech engineering bay, just a few defences and small basic areas for necessities.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
alt history where america becomes the new rome with Douglas MacArthur at the helm of a balls deep invasion of manchuria and korea and canada being annexed.

Canadians, Commonwealth support vs. America.

uhh, does it make sense? probably not

could you make it plausible? maybe
POV: The inner systems coalition have sent you a pre-recorded video calling you to service for the 56th time in the past 5 years to fight against another planet in the outer colonies that rejected corporate exploitation & went full-blown commie.
d9a831cfb8084b2a6298eea54805744b87ef9657b7bd39cdc18c3bd722e231da.png

Last edited:

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
if we get a soviet version of sgt. dornan
server goes from 9/10 to 10/10

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
whilst the Insurgency gets stingers and VBIEDs
not a problem, Stasiland had stingers but they were never handed out

you can plant IED's under/on cars so VBIEDs are also already possible

insurgents should still get access to air and ground vehicles through nato, but the ideas and rules around them being altered (or they flat have less of them)
makeshift hueys/T-62's were also around but never used because @Numbers offed me right as I was about to make the call which to craft with the federalist's spare parts stockpile

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
not a problem, Stasiland had stingers but they were never handed out

you can plant IED's under/on cars so VBIEDs are also already possible

makeshift hueys/T-62's were also around but never used because @Numbers offed me right as I was about to make the call which to craft
>ask staff to axis 1000 pounders to your car
>bump into tree
>/help can someone refund me my car

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I tried a couple of times to make a post, but it's really hard to put my thoughts into words. WW3RP always just seemed like a strange thing to me to observe from the sidelines and briefly partake in. It did live long, but always suffered from arguments about the balance of RP and S2K (and balance within S2K). There was IC, but TeamSpeak always added a gamey, dudebro feeling to the server.

It's like sitting in an uncomfortable chair. Sure, your feet are relieved they can rest, but you can just never get a good posture in your seat.

I'm fully aware there was cool RP to be had over the years of WW3RP (I'd know, I had some very rare moments of cool RP), but I can see why there was certain allure to firefights, and how it took the best of people.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the epitome of everything wrong with that kind of world war three roleplayer

shame you didn’t put the second video up on the forum during the server so that there was hard evidence you were abusing your rank for awesome shoot to kill moments

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
It is beyond me how Hiros didn't get demoted and banned for the abuse lmao
challenged him multiple times on op chat for his ass-pulling shit, man told me to kill myself and just shat on the team's standards