• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
can we force NCO's and CO's to do week summary in power point
and draw maps in paint

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Well, I haven't been up-to-date with what has been going on around and with WW3RP, and it's my first time in a while diving out of the corner that is the Creativity section. But, eh, I'll put out what I've been thinking over the years.

I. Setting
After thinking for a while, while it is my own personal opinion that I simply do not like the 90's aesthetics solely because of the equipment of that era, I've also thought that simply going back to modern times wouldn't necessarily be great either. In terms setting, there is still an unexplored section in putting it in the future or near-future ALA 2040 or something, might give some fresh content as you'd be able to much more freely establish how the world has shaped in the years and be able to shed the war of political ideology, while still keeping the history of what happened in previous 90's iterations of WW3RP as to not let it go to waste, on something different, like a new resource or a fight for resources instead. The other option is to simply make a completely different world like you see in Ace Combat, though that would be a massive undertaking and most likely not viable unless people that arent just staff take part in shaping it with core staff veto'ing what can take place.

IMO, I also think that not a lot of people are searching for a 90's roleplay setting, that or there are just different servers that fulfill that need. And a fresh take might be a bit better for WW3RP that isn't simply going back for another try or by simply reverting back to modern times.

II. S2K
I am agreeing that simply returning back to "Good ol' WW3RP" does not solve the core issues, even if it does peak for a few months on its return it wouldn't indicate that it's exactly healthy as it would most definitely devolve back into S2K being the focus with once again the main peak that determines someone's worth is their "gametracker score" and the meme thread once again derailing into an absolute shitfest of "this faction is bad lol". I do think that combat still needs to be accessible, not incredibly easily accessible like classic WW3RP, but not as inaccessible as Stasiland's initial concept.

III. Roleplay

I do believe roleplay in WW3RP is very feasible, it's what I enjoyed the most out of WW3RP in my time playing it, it's what I remember the most, I was able to have a lot of enjoyable roleplay come out of WW3RP back in the day. The issue I commonly noticed is that a lot of the time, and I believe the same happened in Stasiland as far as I've read the other thread, is that people tended to form smaller groups of people they liked to play with (Of which I'm also guilty of) and that tends to lead to other people that don't agree with mob mentality of that group getting excluded, and in worst-case scenario, an S2K primary group will go from being a small group to influencing the playerbase and essentially become a bigger group, to summarize, the server will devolve to S2K mindset because roleplay-centric or players that aren't good at S2K suffer because it's become a mob mentality to degrade anyone who sucks at playing an FPS, this particular case I have noticed especially well because the 2 players that I personally knew who were roleplay-first quit because of it.

It was the most prevalent in classic WW3RP, and it will happen again if the same formula is simply repeated. If WW3RP is attempted again, it will need to watch out on how much it allows inner circles to influence the playerbase, especially in the form of the meme thread because that one is always a shit show and always will be a shit show because to some people a "meme" is simply placing their 10 foot cock on the internet on how good they are at killing and at how shit the other faction is.

I believe this is all I have to say in terms of what observations I've had and what I thought of all these years. WW3RP was a good time, and if it can be reinvented and once more strike that balance between S2K, RP and setting, it might be fun once more to come and try again.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
i'm not too optimistic with or a fan of a much more asymmetrical combat and classic bolt-action or homemade crude weaponry being the main equipment. i am also neutral towards the non-nato faction - sounds p. much like militia and nato/globalists are exchanging the main role. everything else sounds great though. reverting to the roots is the way to go imo.

Last edited:

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
remember when ww3 launched and we used hl2 s2k rules and had to try to do /mes to start firefights
There was an eureka moment when I suggested we just remove it during the first month death throes meeting

You should be focusing on attracting the unwashed masses of unenlightened gmod scrubs who need to learn what roleplay is like and how it can consume all their free time. Don't worry too much about all the old dogs here.

Never played stasiland but the idea that you needed to apply for a main faction is too much
Training should be can you shoot this training rifle and write a sentence /me? Yes okay here's your gun private, have at em.

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae
this you?
316744D707C73C95D62201D9663225FA0AA40526

man you made some good rp that's for sure
Yes
[doublepost=1612596770][/doublepost]
It is beyond me how Hiros didn't get demoted and banned for the abuse lmao
What abuse mate
[doublepost=1612596828][/doublepost]
I bet you still use a booster-seat in the car
Definitely do
[doublepost=1612596884][/doublepost]
challenged him multiple times on op chat for his ass-pulling shit, man told me to kill myself and just shat on the team's standards
Now that's pure bullshit lol.
[doublepost=1612597046][/doublepost]
wasn't he fucking around with aircraft the day @Danny extracted @afric out of ienu?
after he'd been banned from flying after crashing that one jet in rp_stasiland?

Not true lmao
[doublepost=1612597241][/doublepost]
you didn’t abide by the Willard networks turn based combat system?

kill yourself.
Such a good roast there mate lmao. Definetly shows how smart you are.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Not true lmao
Why did you take an aircraft out without prior orders, with the only CO capable of giving such an order dying on a medical table and in a coma during the same time?

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae
Why did you take an aircraft out without prior orders, with the only CO capable of giving such an order dying on a medical table and in a coma during the same time?
I didn't. What you're talking about was me asking RB on my staff char if I may try the plane during grave hours. And crashed due to OOC Issues. So your attempt at shitting on me is false

Keep in mind I was Operator for duration of WW3RP :-) Operators can't spawn entities at all.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I didn't. What you're talking about was me asking RB on my staff char if I may try the plane during grave hours. And crashed due to OOC Issues. So your attempt at shitting on me is false
wasn't he fucking around with aircraft the day @Danny extracted @afric out of ienu?
You misunderstood a rather clear question, I asked about a helicopter you took out on rp_ienu, not the jet you promptly crashed on stasiland_fork.

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae
You misunderstood a rather clear question, I asked about a helicopter you took out on rp_ienu, not the jet you promptly crashed on stasiland_fork.
Ah I Never crashed a heli. Every time heli got deployed it was either authorized by @GenericPlayer or RB. I don't recall getting banned from the flying at all.

Also there were other people using Heli than me.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yes
What abuse mate
Definitely do

Not true lmao

just gonna put it in the most plain way possible fella since I’ve woke up with a bit of a headache

fuck off, take your head for a shite

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
What abuse mate
Interrupting RP over and over again by targeting areas you know are populated by using staff abilities
Using console to see if you landed hits with mortars/artillery
Disrupting behavior
General behavior (telling people to kill themselves for calling you out lmao what the fuck)

Suck a fat one

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Yes
What abuse mate
Definitely do

Not true lmao
You're Polish

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
sci-fi world war three rp would be cool but I think rosebud is pretty dead set on 1990

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
reverting to the roots is the way to go imo.

Funny piece of history, the literal roots of WW3RP was from a Clone Wars Roleplay server 10 years ago, and they were doing shoot-to-miss.

Brawler said of the first day: "I had no way of advertising of course beyond the people that played my Clone Wars Roleplay - I had a great team of admins who I had recruited and worked with through Clone Wars RP, and there was a whole bunch of them on both sides basically doing everything that I couldn't - crucial to the success - my CWRP really never made it past 30, and within 30 minutes of open this server was up to 30 - on the first day we would have lead a few patrols, and had a few engagements. The big issue that always came up was the shoot to miss policy. Bascially people could use these weapons to shoot clear across the map and kill people, and so policing that was a nightmare."

imVG8Fh.jpg

LemonPunch restarted it with a more team-deathmatch oriented version in 2014. With nebulous carrying it on from 2016 to 2018 and then doing Stasiland.