• Yes, but.... (comment below)

• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
One of those events could lead to the formation of other factions etc etc (And no, I don't mean mutinies and hostile take over of a faction from the inside)
Sub-factions, you mean?
Having dozens of different ""factions"" does not work, period, unless you're talking about militias or ad-hoc civilian groups.

The core two sides fighting against each other should be slimmed down, stasiland was proof that spreading players out into several divisions screwed over the core faction simply because things were kept niche and spread out, even ignoring the blatant inactive state of most people.
[doublepost=1612626635][/doublepost]
Generations Vietnam please I beg
Please, no.
We all know what will happen and the memes aren't enough to make up for the headache.

Just shoot koreans in pyongyang.

Reactions: List

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
Sub-factions, you mean?
Having dozens of different ""factions"" does not work, period, unless you're talking about militias or ad-hoc civilian groups.

The core two sides fighting against each other should be slimmed down, stasiland was proof that spreading players out into several divisions screwed over the core faction simply because things were kept niche and spread out, even ignoring the blatant inactive state of most people.
Right, this is the part where I really need to work on. When I said "other factions" I meant, the dismantle of one and replacement with another, like say, replace sovs with coals through events. Not the creation of an entire new one.

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae
Generations: Korea?

We have a bunch of world-war two weapons, tanks and content, plus unlike vietnam people won't meme it to death.
[doublepost=1612626459][/doublepost]
Engineers are supposed to keep infrastructure working and soldiers safe, not act as multinational R&D companies.

Small on-field modifications don't require a big budget tho.

D

Deleted member 3818

Generations the server

campaigns last a few months or so and each time it introduces a new setting but with the same core mechanics and structures.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Generations the server

campaigns last a few months or so and each time it introduces a new setting but with the same core mechanics and structures.

I'd consider generations events to be a good distraction to freshen up the overall experience now and again. Dunno if a server entirely focused on it would work though, with how people are often already unwilling to commit/invest in RP during previous generations events because they know it's only temporary.

D

Deleted member 22

i wish we could legit just do generations style events as the server

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
i wish we could legit just do generations style events as the server

I myself don't really see the reason why the server'd only be generations events. Aside from the stuff I mentioned in my previoust post above, I don't see the benefit of it compared to just regularly hosting (small) generations events while the main server has a continuing story.

D

Deleted member 3818

Can that last long term before it dries up?
i cant really say with any real certainty but I reckon it would do a good job of keeping things fresh as even if you're not interested in whatever setting we're currently using you could always at least look forward to whatever may come next.
I'd consider generations events to be a good distraction to freshen up the overall experience now and again. Dunno if a server entirely focused on it would work though, with how people are often already unwilling to commit/invest in RP during previous generations events because they know it's only temporary.
yeah I was thinking maybe a few months would be enough for people to develop characters and play them out for roleplay to still be incentivised but in all practicality it probably wouldn't.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Man if honestly thought these two were from something like 2016 or 2014 to be honest from the way they're made and the descriptions of items/founding.

If it was something sci-fi, both sides should have a groundwork of both being military-oriented; but inner systems' having the option between military & PMC whilst the outer-colonies have the option between military & criminal/insurgent. Not much difference other than your inner-alleigance within the faction.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
okay you've sold me on it

I'll be co-lead of the bosnians with @GenericPlayer, @Ond can take serbia and everyone else can coin flip for albania.
Albania wasnt part of the yugoslav wars idiot

though they did support albanian insurgent cells in kosovo