• Yes, but.... (comment below)

• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
-some craftable weaponry (WW2 reproductions and shit)
was a thing on stasiland, likely will continue to be a thing

-crafting flags could still have use. producing stuff like explosives, vehicles, weapons and armor.
-insurgents are just civvies with guns
won't be any changes from this if you read the front post

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
was a thing on stasiland, likely will continue to be a thing

won't be any changes from this if you read the front post
in the first thing, talking about craftable ww2 weaponry (not the pipe guns themselves)
second uh thing. i have monkey brain

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
btw
what happened with the custom map for stasiland?
swear there was something said about it

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
btw
what happened with the custom map for stasiland?
swear there was something said about it

The first custom map was the one we used. The one that was still in development was canceled due to the developer’s personal situation and Stasiland having more or less died down.

In any event the map wouldn’t be very ideal for this concept seeing as it was specifically designed for the Stasiland gameplay.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
The first custom map was the one we used. The one that was still in development was canceled due to the developer’s personal situation and Stasiland having more or less died down.

In any event the map wouldn’t be very ideal for this concept seeing as it was specifically designed for the Stasiland gameplay.
guess im off to pripyat

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
There actually was a concept at one point where there’d be a walled-off city under siege. With one side and civilians inside the city trying to make do while the area around the city is controlled by the opfor who’d be laying siege.

Reactions: List

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
There actually was a concept at one point where there’d be a walled-off city under siege. With one side and civilians inside the city trying to make do while the area around the city is controlled by the opfor who’d be laying siege.
isnt it pretty much the soviet takeover of free frankfurt?
except that one wasnt really epic.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
isnt it pretty much the soviet takeover of free frankfurt?
except that one wasnt really epic.

That was more of a plot device to get the story going forward tbh, aside from it being near impossible for a relatively small insurgency to hold a major city without it happening in the rest of the country at the same time.

That concept would’ve been the main gameplay/story rather than an event or short period.

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae
While I'm not really a fan of this, as to be honest it just seems like HL2RP reskinned, what is the plan for civilians? Open to all, premium, or you have to apply for it?

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
While I'm not really a fan of this, as to be honest it just seems like HL2RP reskinned, what is the plan for civilians? Open to all, premium, or you have to apply for it?
Open to all

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
personally I'm hoping it goes back to either the premium system or one you have to apply for.

people applying to be noncombatants in a full scale war means they're actually gonna try to do it right, and if it's just set to people with the premium whitelist getting it then it at least shows commitment to the server as a whole

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
if insurgents will just be civvies with guns
no point in making citizens a faction prem/app only

D

Deleted member 3818

If we were to make civilians a default faction as well as having one conventional military and one insurgent styled military. What would really be the difference between it and stasiland?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae

While I don’t really see the siege/combat angle in HL2RP;
It was one of the concepts that was once considered during the progression of stasiland, I just mentioned it since we were talking about city maps.

The main idea is still the one in the OP

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
If we were to make civilians a default faction as well as having one conventional military and one insurgent styled military. What would really be the difference between it and stasiland?
vendors and a lack of civilians(?)

stasiland wasn't meant to have a sole focus on warfare, this proposal is

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
if insurgents will just be civvies with guns
no point in making citizens a faction prem/app only

Ehhh, I mean I’m still thinking of a proper way of facilitating people wanting to go non-combat while technically being part of one of the opposing factions.

The easiest way would probably just be having them be seperate, but that might bring problems of its own again. Strict rules of engagement, people abusing loopholes, how insurgents can blend in with minimal risk of metagame etc.. As well as the civs on okd ww3rp usually being informents or unofficial faction soldiers.

Not a super big fan of it being premium, dog faction is still a thing :^]

Structural factions engaging in structural and regular combat without having to spend a long time acquiring limited supplies of guns mostly.

It’d work better to facilitate the action part, but I dont particulary want to focus on the civilian aspect since we should focus on the war part.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
Ehhh, I mean I’m still thinking of a proper way of facilitating people wanting to go non-combat while technically being part of one of the opposing factions.

The easiest way would probably just be having them be seperate, but that might bring problems of its own again. Strict rules of engagement, people abusing loopholes, how insurgents can blend in with minimal risk of metagame etc.. As well as the civs on okd ww3rp usually being informents or unofficial faction soldiers.

Structural factions engaging in structural and regular combat without having to spend a long time acquiring limited supplies of guns mostly.

It’d work better to facilitate the action part, but I dont particulary want to focus on the civilian aspect since we should focus on the war part.
for insurgents going civ
could have it so theyre only allowed if NCO/CO grants permission. otherwise it'd be desertion or something but well. it could go a bit further than just that

D

Deleted member 243

concepts like this can be reserved for events, like this war of mine type vibe