• Yes, but.... (comment below)

• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tbh all I can think of reading this is that when Stasiland was struggling and we had discussion threads there were people literally argue with the SD, former staff team members with archive access and even the people who did it at the time that WW3's outright toxicity and backstabbing either didn't happen or was "massively overblown" because they as regular players didn't see it while running around in patrols.

I don't trust the most die-hard parts of the playerbase to accurately be able to give an objective view of the pitfalls and other problems of anything to do with WW3 because they're never going to hold their hands up and admit it and risk tarnishing the idealistic nostalgia-filled view they have of the server they want to see come back.

Reactions: List

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae
Tbh all I can think of reading this is that when Stasiland was struggling and we had discussion threads there were people literally argue with the SD, former staff team members with archive access and even the people who did it at the time that WW3's outright toxicity and backstabbing either didn't happen or was "massively overblown" because they as regular players didn't see it while running around in patrols.

I don't trust the most die-hard parts of the playerbase to accurately be able to give an objective view of the pitfalls and other problems of anything to do with WW3 because they're never going to hold their hands up and admit it and risk tarnishing the idealistic nostalgia-filled view they have of the server they want to see come back.
Also it's the same people contributing to this discussion rather than players who didn't play Stasiland but voted yes to this which isn't reassuring. The poll clearly shows people want this but it doesn't show how many people would actually play it. I don't care what time period it is and I think it is worth using the lore that took so much time to create, providing it actually appeals to the players who didn't bother for long/at all with Stasiland.

Without sounding melodramatic if this ever happens it could be the last attempt at WW3RP here so it's important for people who are seriously willing to play some form of WW3RP again to contribute to this thread so we know what a proportion of people want that didnt play Stasiland but could/would play this providing they are happy with the way it goes.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
h4oY5HN.png

Get your WW3RP merch guys (link's dead btw :( )

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Was inevitable really, the gamemode that it turned into had no direction for new players joining and admin intervention was needed for a lot of the aspects, almost seemed like you needed permission to do anything and felt like conversations was the only thing you could do on a server titled 'World War Three."

I'm not going to rub in the I told you so cringe, but what I will say is if you do have the playerbase for it, the original concept. Do it. It's a unique premise of the blend and it truly brought a lot of players from unserious backgrounds into roleplay and allowed them to explore the concept of text based rp.

Hopefully I'm able to find on here a populated server in a few months, or even a year, but it's something I would like to see no matter the delay and I'm sure a lot of people could see themselves dabbling in it again, even those distancing themselves from rp recently.

So if you do decide to persue the original concept, good luck my duder
[doublepost=1613073682][/doublepost]
Don't really think I recall you ever really partaking in World War Three for the 4-5 successful years it had tbh.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Don't really think I recall you ever really partaking in World War Three for the 4-5 successful years it had tbh.
I did, just not often - and eventually I stopped after I realised it made my gripes regarding HL2RP's RebelRP at the time regarding the OOC conduct look like a kindergarden.

I'm also not doubting the success of it but there's a concern when some of the biggest proponents for it returning outright denied some of the worst underlying aspects even being real despite a full thread exposing it and testimonies from everyone from the SD to individual players and every rank inbetween, including the people doing it.

That's just not a healthy way at looking at a possible re-launch imo. You can't just plug your ears and pretend the toxicity and sheer OOC dick-swinging wasn't a massive problem and that it was "overblown" because it really wasn't. I saw more of that in the archives and through logs than I think the average player would see in their hours on patrol a day.

I want WW3 to do well but it won't when a lot of the discussion previously boiled down to "I didn't see it so uhhh no you're wrong".

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
I did, just not often - and eventually I stopped after I realised it made my gripes regarding HL2RP's RebelRP at the time regarding the OOC conduct look like a kindergarden.

I'm also not doubting the success of it but there's a concern when some of the biggest proponents for it returning outright denied some of the worst underlying aspects even being real despite a full thread exposing it and testimonies from everyone from the SD to individual players and every rank inbetween, including the people doing it.

That's just not a healthy way at looking at a possible re-launch imo. You can't just plug your ears and pretend the toxicity and sheer OOC dick-swinging wasn't a massive problem and that it was "overblown" because it really wasn't. I saw more of that in the archives and through logs than I think the average player would see in their hours on patrol a day.

I want WW3 to do well but it isn't if people don't admit this is a big concern when it comes to making everything from progression to lore advancement based on winning in S2K.

Don't act like with factions vs faction game modes that doesn't exist, I've seen many conflicts between cops and rebels on hl2rp. World war three's concept was always a transition between shooty shooty and roleplay, there's always going to be heated moments between players, even in tamer gamemodes like hl2rp there are feuds, dont act like that isn't a thing.

It was always hammered down on, people were always punished for being OOC'ly stupid and were discouraged in the rank system so they would have no systematic power to influence the game mode.

My suggestion, stop being soft and accept that in a gamemode that supplies constant shooty shooty there's going to be some heated moments. The shooting is required for ww3rp to make sense and any iteration that tries to stray immediately meets complaints.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i really really wish i had activity and playerbase statistics to compare between modern lore and cold war because i know for a fact it'll be seriously damning about claims of how popular the cold war eras were. initially? yes. it was new, fresh, a different take, a neat gimmick — but ultimately it became just that — a gimmick.

no one is claiming that modern lore was an objectively safe haven of trash because it wasn't. trash always gets through the cracks, but that's just how it is.