• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Did we?
mortars were basically playing with fire, one wrong move and youve basically shelled yourself or your allies

It was mostly a matter of just aiming the crosshair at your target instead of a prop or the ground, something which a lot of people apparently failed to do.

Anyways, like I said, let's not fill this thread with discussion about little equipment details

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

i loved ww3 and it was a lot of fun but can we please give something else a shot
we've had like 5 iterations of ww3 now

i know this is an unpopular opinion but i don't see it panning out in the longrun

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae

i loved ww3 and it was a lot of fun but can we please give something else a shot

i know this is an unpopular opinion but i don't see it panning out in the longrun

WW4RP: Soviets in Space

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae

I mean the rest doesn't work long run either, terminatorRP would die down, Walking Dead RP would die down, whatever you can think of would die down because at the end of the day you have HL2RP. WW3 at least brings people RP and some place to relax and s2k with friends, just hope we get less toxic lmao

My opinion at least.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
From what I remember of artillery in old WW3RP, all it did was put an immediate stop to what was going on in-character, and often sparked OOC drama. Imagine that 2 fireteams are taking some shots at eachother, then one just practically gets nuked by artillery. It seems to take away more than it adds. So if you're going to add artillery, keep an eye on the practical impact it has.

The roleplay element is easily eroded, and trying to encourage it might not help because - no matter how many gameplay mechanics you add to support roleplay, the playerbase can't be forced into it roleplaying. But if you focus on deathmatching then I believe you can harm roleplay, so it's probably worth protecting roleplay if possible.

Deadly vehicles like tanks and choppers can be messy. If the rules aren't strict then they're going to be overpowered due to the nature of so few players being able to stop them. Sure, you only need an engineer or two (armed with RPGs) to combat a tank, but will they always be online? So you make a bunch of rules to limit vehicle usage, and a pilot breaks those strict rules and gets demoted, now one side is missing their only active pilot. It might just be easier to focus on infantry roleplay and then add some event vehicles to spice things up, otherwise the team deathmatching could get too out of balance.

I like the idea of guns or ammunition being treated as having a lot of value, but if they're scarce then you might lose roleplay, because essentially those are the roleplay props. Instead, if weapons are scarce in the lore, then let the players keep their guns - but make the events based around securing extra weaponry. It might only be an illusion of a lack of weaponry, but if there's players lacking weaponry then I can't imagine they're going to have much fun in deathmatching or roleplay.

But do whatever you think is best because not many people would be willing to give WW3RP an honest stab, so if you're motivated to do it again then all we should be doing is supporting you. @Roosebud

Last edited:

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I mean the rest doesn't work long run either, terminatorRP would die down, Walking Dead RP would die down, whatever you can think of would die down because at the end of the day you have HL2RP. WW3 at least brings people RP and some place to relax and s2k with friends, just hope we get less toxic lmao

My opinion at least.
I don't enjoy hl2rp. Atleast hl2rp in the actual hl2rp timeline. I've always enjoyed post combine stuff because that actually is a lot more creative and a lot more original (Hell, that's what made me start writing, post hl2rp stuff. So to say that it would die down bc we have hl2rp, I have to disagree, atleast from my own experience. I don't play hl2rp because it is hl2rp, it's always been the same to me, and this last iteration of hl2rp has gotten me into nebulous a lot more than any other thing.

I don't know if I'm the only one here, but, I play for these other servers, not the main atraction. I want something original, and stasiland was the thing that got me back in rp.

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae
From what I remember of artillery in old WW3RP, all it did was put an immediate stop to what was going on in-character, and often sparked OOC drama. Imagine that 2 fireteams are taking some shots at eachother, then one just practically gets nuked by artillery. It seems to take away more than it adds. So if you're going to add artillery, keep an eye on the practical impact it has.
arty should be used strategically or just for immersion rather than shelling the shit out of a team of 5. I think Stasiland used mortars/arty well, it was sporadic but it had an impact on the server without obliterating the other team. I think it could easily be possible to increase the volume of artillery usage without it becoming too common or game changing, providing it is regulated by IC means somehow (logistic events or something idk) and OOC if needed.

I'm not confident GMod is a sustainable game to make new servers anymore and to attract a new playerbase to replace those that have moved on entirely. Most people that this would appeal to may have put GMod RP behind them now. Maybe I'm not optimistic enough but I still think this would have a better chance than something completely different, unconventional and niche like walking dead rp, terminator rp etc etc. Nice ideas but they wouldn't last a year. To an extent, the less particular and niche the better chance of attracting enough people to play the server enough to justify keeping it going.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
Worked quite... Nice
Ahem...

Idk who got nuked down there but. I loved blowing shit up.

Now mortars show like a green circle where you're aiming, which kinda prevents it from happening.
otherwise they work the same still.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
don't mean to be a spoil-sport here but uh

hard agree

this isn't me just vying for an eventual TRP either because, as i've said, i'm writing that because i enjoy writing it not because i intend for it to be a server; this is me saying it because, yeah, it's been tried very many times and maybe it's just time to let something else creep in instead of trying the same thing over and over again?

you guys do you but theres some recipes that don't get better no matter how many times you try to change them and at the end of the day 9/10 people won't consider the ramifications before casting their vote

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
just hope we get less toxic lmao
Just 'hoping' we're less toxic is exactly how the toxicity returns and the server crashes.

At the end of the day so long as the server hinges on two sides being actual characters where victory and progression is dictated by S2K skill, people are going to form into cliques to win that engagement and from there the toxicity spreads.

I don't see how that'll change if all of the worst offenders are going to come back just to partake in it.

Nebulae
don't mean to be a spoil-sport here but uh

hard agree

this isn't me just vying for an eventual TRP either because, as i've said, i'm writing that because i enjoy writing it not because i intend for it to be a server; this is me saying it because, yeah, it's been tried very many times and maybe it's just time to let something else creep in instead of trying the same thing over and over again?

you guys do you but theres some recipes that don't get better no matter how many times you try to change them and at the end of the day 9/10 people won't consider the ramifications before casting their vote
It's not like it'd be turning dev work towards WW3RP again though, @Roosebud's already said all of the dev work, code etc is already there and mostly all set up

Personally, I don't see the issue in giving it a go again, at the very least the many systems, weapons and features that went unused finally get the chance to be used

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
It's not like it'd be turning dev work towards WW3RP again though, @Roosebud's already said all of the dev work, code etc is already there and mostly all set up

Personally, I don't see the issue in giving it a go again, at the very least the many systems, weapons and features that went unused finally get the chance to be used
all the time that ww3rp is there it means another setting can't be given a go

i'm mostly impartial but from my perspective i think it's far better we start to branch out into other ideas rather than sticking to the same old thing

i mean nebulous is capable of so much and yet we constantly restrict ourselves to age-old concepts

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
20200505211836_1.png

TbSBlBV.png

tI8Hr7s.png

20200501214732_1.png
Thanks to @Nick @Laura for the screens :)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

The bigger concern isn't the coding or the staff.

Its the playerbase, the people who return and what they'll force the server to be.