Do you think we will ever get some form of zombie survival related roleplay server?

Would you want there to be a zombie survival roleplay server?

• Yes

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 22

I get I'm going to get a few box ratings from this thread, but it's something I have felt like asking the community for a while after seeing a few "Bring Frundtech Back" threads. Reflecting on it now, I think the main thing people enjoyed about Frundtech wasn't the fact it was this big wind up of things where mutants were everywhere, and there was a shadow organization and all that, I think what people really enjoyed was putting themself in the shoes of a survivor of some sort of zombie related disaster.

The question here I am asking basically is, do you think that we will ever have our community management guys come up with a third server where we can live out our zombie infestation fantasy? Maybe something along the lines of a Walking Dead roleplay server where we just let the players form whatever main groups they want, and don't even bother fostering an official, staff appointed hub?

Post whatever thoughts yuo may have about this idea, this isn't me suggesting we start up a third server, this is more of just a little topical thread.

Going to put a poll up for anyone who CBAd to respond to the thread, or just doesn't feel like it.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I'd be willing to throw down on a zombie apocalypse RP server and help manage it as long as I have a role in direction of events and authorizations of characters and distribution of scripts, however I don't necessarily believe I'd want to do it for this community as it's quite an unserious one and a lot of people aren't serious enough for it to run smoothly. I also don't think they'd appreciate it. I've always had the idea in the back of my head. Not gonna lie.

Reactions: List

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
will never work not enough replay-ability unless u make something similar to necropolis

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what are you on about

CROSSED is a Comic Book series about a post-apocalypse where a virus took over like 99.9% of earth, leaving a few thousands survivors. The infected grow a cross-like rash on their face (Like my avatar right now) and retain all intelligence, but lose all morals.

Meaning, cannibalism, rape, torture, self-harm, Crossed do all of these for fun.

The infection is transferred through all contact with bodily fluids, and normally takes about 10 seconds before you turn.

It's disturbing as fuck tbh.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I think the main thing people enjoyed about Frundtech wasn't the fact it was this big wind up of things where mutants were everywhere, and there was a shadow organization and all that, I think what people really enjoyed was putting themself in the shoes of a survivor of some sort of zombie related disaster.
The main thing for me, and I think for many others too was the free-form style it had and the fact that it COULD have relied on Player made groups, just like some ZombieRP shit would.

I'd be up for it, but as @Poopship McGee said, it wouldn't work with the sort of playerbase we have in this community.

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
CROSSED is a Comic Book series about a post-apocalypse where a virus took over like 99.9% of earth, leaving a few thousands survivors. The infected grow a cross-like rash on their face (Like my avatar right now) and retain all intelligence, but lose all morals.

Meaning, cannibalism, rape, torture, self-harm, Crossed do all of these for fun.

The infection is transferred through all contact with bodily fluids, and normally takes about 10 seconds before you turn.

It's disturbing as fuck tbh.
sounds gay

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sounds gay

98_22.jpg

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
Thank you for posting this! This idea was in the back of my head and the edge of my tounge. If you don't do it, somebody else will. I and quite a few others would really enjoy a ZombieRP!

Last edited:

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae
Kuro removed Severance from the C16 store lmao

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
unless you get a dedicated staff team making events every day, it's going to die out very quickly. the community isn't that amazing at creating good roleplay situations in apocalyptic situation. ftrp is a great example.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
last zombie apocalypse server i played on was dominated by a shitty sd and his private gang of admins who were apparantly a pmc or some bullshit so he could just play massacre for cash and get away with it since he pretty much made the rules
i can see some similar variation of this happening here if we had an apocalypse server

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If the AI in Source wasn't so poor it would be viable, I don't think having players as the zombies wouldn't really work that well. It would somehow have to be worked out that zombies are around and a legitimate threat but also the survivors attempting to secure their compound but also needing to take risks by leaving it for resources.

Not sure how any of that would work in roleplay, a lot of it would need to be scripted to constantly push the players into risk.
[doublepost=1479407951][/doublepost]Project Zomboid is a good example of how it works best, although not RP.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If the AI in Source wasn't so poor it would be viable, I don't think having players as the zombies wouldn't really work that well. It would somehow have to be worked out that zombies are around and a legitimate threat but also the survivors attempting to secure their compound but also needing to take risks by leaving it for resources.

Not sure how any of that would work in roleplay, a lot of it would need to be scripted to constantly push the players into risk.

Unless you're willing to have a large amount of players play as zombies, there will never be any real threat, since anyone is more powerful than most NPC's.

I think nextbots are fairly decent, but they probably lag a server to arse if we had them in numbers.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Believe me, they're not. The implementation was never fully finished.

Probably best to have no zombies, or at least, no NPC's.

Maybe have it take place a year later, zombies are rare as hell and are played by staff or such.

Main threat is starvation instead of outright being eaten.