Dying Light 2 thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I just want it to be good... But there are so many game dev red flags I can't hype myself for it, I hope I am wrong
chris avellone wrote it and as long as they didnt ditch his script it'll be good

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
chris avellone wrote it and as long as they didnt ditch his script it'll be good

I'm more of a gameplay kind of guy, the first game gameplay was top tier I hope the sequel will be even better

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I'm more of a gameplay kind of guy, the first game gameplay was top tier I hope the sequel will be even better
gameplay trailers look pretty sick if i can bounce around like i did in no.1 with a cool story to match then im all in baybee

Reactions: List

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
FkSVGQI.png

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
comes out tomorrow.
chris avellone has confirmed he has nothing to do with the new story.
choice game where choices don't reaaaaallyy matter (allegedly)
looks ok, lot of ubisoft copy paste quests though apparently.
to be expected in a game about movement with outposts.
im still gonna play it.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
comes out tomorrow.
chris avellone has confirmed he has nothing to do with the new story.
choice game where choices don't reaaaaallyy matter (allegedly)
looks ok, lot of ubisoft copy paste quests though apparently.
to be expected in a game about movement with outposts.
im still gonna play it.

I'm just hoping that what the game is (or will be) will fall within reasonable levels of their sales pitching and that it aint as bad as Cyberpunk 2077 or BF2042.

If it's similair to DL1 in terms of gameplay and has some features on-top I'd already be happy.

Though some of my enjoyment from the series is that it was the first game where I got over my fear of (first-person/horror-esque) zombie games.

Also I'm really hoping they eventually release a Be The Zombie mode again (if not included already)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm just hoping that what the game is (or will be) will fall within reasonable levels of their sales pitching and that it aint as bad as Cyberpunk 2077 or BF2042.

If it's similair to DL1 in terms of gameplay and has some features on-top I'd already be happy.

Though some of my enjoyment from the series is that it was the first game where I got over my fear of (first-person/horror-esque) zombie games.

Also I'm really hoping they eventually release a Be The Zombie mode again (if not included already)

reviews said the game is good

people complain the story sucks but literally who cares

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
people complain the story sucks but literally who cares
ME

people shit on Dying Light 1s story and granted it's not the most original story ever told but it was still good. Crane was an interesting protagonist who actually had an arc and if some of the side characters had been more fleshed out I think the what happens to them would've had way more impact

Yeah I play DL for the gameplay but the world itself was immersive and I really liked seeing all the side characters & related missions since it helped draw me into it.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
played up until the gameplay footage end (hospital mission)

game’s fun but I don’t think the day 1 patch has dropped, I’m having constant audio issues with people speaking over each other and sometimes minutes of complete silence

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae

hearing this while gradually making your way up big bads tower at the end in the first game was fucking cool

say what u will about the story but the ost is goat

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
played up until the gameplay footage end (hospital mission)

game’s fun but I don’t think the day 1 patch has dropped, I’m having constant audio issues with people speaking over each other and sometimes minutes of complete silence
got fresh GAME READY graphics drivers?

im downloading the game now will return on if its poopoo or not. probably shit performance for a while until they've patched it we'll see.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I wanna get it but am holding out for my FELLOW GAMERS to tell me how it is

@johnathan please advise.
Having a lot of fun with it, gameplay wise its just a less scuffed Dying Light 1. Flows on way better, climbing feels more Mirrors Edge-like.
The main character of the story is a braindead protagonist founded and directed by @jb aka deathwolf and the actually interesting characters don't linger for nearly long enough. But the story of Dying Light 1 was a mess anyway; I'd still say this one is better.

Gameplay wise theres A LOT to do, outposts, collectables, all that shit - normally it'd bore me because it usually fits into a Ubisoft game, but given the gameplay of hopping around and parkouring and getting XP that lets you parkour even better and more stamina as you go everything feels extremely rewarding.

All in all it's just a better Dying Light 1 with a far more interesting setting, and the roaming parts of the game feel just right. It's very demanding for your PC; I have crashed once since I started and my graphics card definitely isn't good enough for the game so I'm playing windowed at a lower resolution, but it's fun. Day 1 patch seems to have fixed most things as I've only had 1 or 2 bugs.