Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
nobody:
every single character auth application in the history of hl2rp:
nB9kLd1.png
bCx7Vht.png

each time I saw an explosives auth I cringed internally
the same went for shades and other items which were in unusually high demand just because "they look cool"
yeah buddy how about you apply for some seeds for me to auth

eventually I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to review shades anymore and explosives in very rare cases
I'll never forget the one time with that crazy auth that I don't remember anymore but it was certainly out of the category of things that were strangely put into realization
I think it had to do something with imaginary guards and a bar

Reactions: List

sots

community bear
Nebulae
i applied for not having a cock because i rolled 0/12, and that is real character authorizing

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im warming up to the game now

starting to feel really fun

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
the same went for shades and other items which were in unusually high demand just because "they look cool"
I handed out shades left and right in the CWU.

Don't starve ppl of their drip.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
had to do that once and wasting an hour writing the app was something I'll never get back

I'll never forget the one time with that crazy auth that I don't remember anymore but it was certainly out of the category of things that were strangely put into realization
you sure that wasn't vesper's bar and the shitstorm that followed when the owner tried to get IC guards to hunt people down when they whacked their character?

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
you sure that wasn't vesper's bar and the shitstorm that followed when the owner tried to get IC guards to hunt people down when they whacked their character?
ah yes that one

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
bCx7Vht.png

each time I saw an explosives auth I cringed internally

eventually I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to review shades anymore and explosives in very rare cases
why would a player have to apply for shades though

it's such a stupid concept that there's no other excuse except for that it looks cool lol

what else are they gonna say

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Oh boy.

Picked this game up during Summer Sale

Heard good things/that they had updated the game to be more like DL1

Tried to give it a fair shake despite my pre-conceived notions, Put 7 hours into it and now I have uninstalled it.

What a piece of shit this game is. Before playing DL2, I went through all of DL1 + DLC on its hardest difficulty for the sake of comparison. This is also coming from someone who considers themselves easily amused, it's very rare for me to get bored playing games but holy shit I got so fucking fed up with this game.

The story is hilariously bad, It's funny they crossed over with walking dead because that's what the story feels like. It's Walking Dead filler arc tier garbage.

The combat is a severe downgrade from DL1. DL1 had this fluidity and a sense of weight to it, DL2 meanwhile feels like fucking minecraft combat. You hit an enemy, they recoil back then you just hit them again to repeat the process until they die. In addition they added a tacked on parry/stagger system that makes the combat even more sluggish and annoying to engage with.

Immersion has taken so many hits that even with tweaks I made to try and enhance it, it still wasn't enough. Turning off shit like enemy HP bars and the like still didn't stop the game from flooding my screen with constant prompts.

Not to mention the leaps in logic the game takes - a standout moment that genuinely shattered my disbelief was when I was tasked with talking to some dude on a windmill and I went "oh yeah i can do the windmills, i'll do it before talking to the dude since I'm here". I went up and flicked a switch and then SUDDENLY the area turns into a giant peacekeeper shanty town base, in an instant. This might sound like I'm nitpicking but it's shit like this that really pulls me out of a game.

Oh yeah, also the shit with gear having 2% in nosepicking or making yourself 2.5% more effective at scratching your ass if your opponent is a human. Absolute cookie cutter triple A dogshit that has no place in a Dying Light game.

I had more fun playing Paper's Please this week than I did DL2. A fucking paperwork simulator was more enjoyable and stimulating than this game. Sums up my thoughts really.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The combat is a severe downgrade from DL1. DL1 had this fluidity and a sense of weight to it, DL2 meanwhile feels like fucking minecraft combat. You hit an enemy, they recoil back then you just hit them again to repeat the process until they die. In addition they added a tacked on parry/stagger system that makes the combat even more sluggish and annoying to engage with.

I do just wanna say that, as Techland does, they've been massively overhauling the game for the past year - just since Jan alone they've redone the physics engine, the night time, the lighting, weapons, and a lot more stuff.

They're set to redo the combat system soon iirc.