Dying Light 2 thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Yo I'm sold.

Thank you my dude
Seriously though I can't overstate how much the main character sucks he's really boring (default white man with 0 emotion), but the gameplay is on point, very satisfying.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Seriously though I can't overstate how much the main character sucks he's really boring (default white man with 0 emotion), but the gameplay is on point, very satisfying.

the voice actor doing his best Crane impression is honestly why i give 0 shits about him

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
the voice actor doing his best Crane impression is honestly why i give 0 shits about him
ngl in release trailer I was like

"why does his guy sound like Crane but it's obviously not him because it's a completely different character"

Like I know Crane was good but it wasn't just bc of his voice LOL

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ngl in release trailer I was like

"why does his guy sound like Crane but it's obviously not him because it's a completely different character"

Like I know Crane was good but it wasn't just bc of his voice LOL

aiden basically being a copy of crane is a little lazy though

could've done with a welsh actor methinks

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
aiden basically being a copy of crane is a little lazy though

could've done with a welsh actor methinks
they should've just brought Crane back at that point

I mean I know 'The Following' and shit but that's what retcons/non canon endings/alternate timelines and such are for. XCOM did it, the sequel to the first game is literally the bad ending of the first game

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
they should've just brought Crane back at that point

I mean I know 'The Following' and shit but that's what retcons/non canon endings/alternate timelines and such are for. XCOM did it, the sequel to the first game is literally the bad ending of the first game

crane being name dropped at the first conversation in the game honestly makes me feel like they just wanted to pretend he never died

but since IMO its basically confirmed crane caused the worldwide outbreak i don't think they'd be able to retcon it

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
crane being name dropped at the first conversation in the game honestly makes me feel like they just wanted to pretend he never died

but since IMO its basically confirmed crane caused the worldwide outbreak i don't think they'd be able to retcon it

famous for being a super spreader
not famous for killing tens of thousands of zombies in 1 city and being a millionaire

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Really enjoying the game honestly. I've only just gotten past the prologue and into the city but the combat feels meaty still, its a pretty damn good looking game and the characters aren't dogshit.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why do the physics and ragdolls look so bad

techland said they're aware people arent happy about it and will be reverting back to dying light 1 ragdoll physics

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
techland said they're aware people arent happy about it and will be reverting back to dying light 1 ragdoll physics
did they mention the floaty looking parkour as well or

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
did they mention the floaty looking parkour as well or

i think the floaty parkour is pretty vital to the game tbh

the scale of the jumps have been increased and you're expected to make far larger jumps

iirc Techland said gravity was higher in DL1 and they lowered gravity to actual IRL earth levels

but then i cleared a gate with a jump and that excuse went out the fucking window

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
ive put a lot of hours into the game already and the thing that bums me the most is easily the combat
it doesnt really seem to be based on distance at all, if someone swings at you and you dont block or dodge- they'll teleport to you and hit you
same with the big heavy attacks of the big fellas, even if you're as far back as you would've been if you dodged backwards by simply running there, you still take damage
its really obnoxious, sometimes you take damage without the enemy doing a proper animation too

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ive put a lot of hours into the game already and the thing that bums me the most is easily the combat
it doesnt really seem to be based on distance at all, if someone swings at you and you dont block or dodge- they'll teleport to you and hit you
same with the big heavy attacks of the big fellas, even if you're as far back as you would've been if you dodged backwards by simply running there, you still take damage
its really obnoxious, sometimes you take damage without the enemy doing a proper animation too

i was playing on Hard difficulty and thinking "jesus fuck these enemies are damage sponges and they kill you in like 2 hits"

then i lowered it to medium and was one-shotting most enemies and killing goons with a single combo of swings

there's a pretty fucking big disparity in difficulty when it comes to combat

i think the game needs some fine tuning

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i was playing on Hard difficulty and thinking "jesus fuck these enemies are damage sponges and they kill you in like 2 hits"

then i lowered it to medium and was one-shotting most enemies and killing goons with a single combo of swings

there's a pretty fucking big disparity in difficulty when it comes to combat

i think the game needs some fine tuning
Meanwhile playing hard on DL1 doesn't make the game impossible because if you can down an enemy you can one shot them with the head kick

The main thing that makes DL1 difficult on harder modes is the fucking gun enemies who have hitscan weapons

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Meanwhile playing hard on DL1 doesn't make the game impossible because if you can down an enemy you can one shot them with the head kick

The main thing that makes DL1 difficult on harder modes is the fucking gun enemies who have hitscan weapons

tbf i considered the stomp cheese since it instakilled everything

i was the kind of sadist that played on NG+ Nightmare difficulty because it was the only difficulty where my 7k damage weapons wouldn't always oneshot demolishers

also
unknown.png

explovises

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
tbf i considered the stomp cheese since it instakilled everything

i was the kind of sadist that played on NG+ Nightmare difficulty because it was the only difficulty where my 7k damage weapons wouldn't always oneshot demolishers

also
unknown.png

explovises
nobody:
every single character auth application in the history of hl2rp:
nB9kLd1.png