Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
unknown.png

I am going to kill myself

Reactions: List

Jeffrey

String
Nebulae
I'm really tempted between a vagabond or samurai build, any recommendations? I heard vagabonds have very good armour.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Dex/Int build

the best the game has so far

in short, samurai or mage is the way to go
i should add

if you go for full mage, you'll be able to cheese most fights as mages tend to be Dark Souls on easy mode

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
Magic is awesome in this game but it seems so unappealing to me, because most of the time you're ranged and don't experience the thrill of knowing any attack you throw could very probably leave you vulnerable for 0.2 seconds too long and have you get stunlocked to death

Also not as many parries!!!

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Finally worked my way through all the crashes and avoiding getting my save corrupted

In general, I really like the game, it's great and a genuine 10/10 but it still has problems. I went through pretty much every area and beat every major boss.

On bosses

Radagon is sick, Elden Beast sucks

seriously, who's idea was it to give this AoE projectile spamming fuck the worst camera in the game and constant running away syndrome. At least allow me to use Torrent ffs. A shame too since the arena is so fucking sick and the music is pretty good but damn ol Elderino Beast is a goofy bitch

Malenia is a great fight except for waterfowl dance which sucks

In general I'd say most remembrance bosses are pretty good, and I'd say I had fun on all of them (with the exception of Malenia which tormented my mortal soul for hours) and I found the minor bosses pretty good too. I don't really mind the copy and pasting much, although it did get a little out of hand in some places, and some of them bosses just had atrocious encounter design (double pumpkin head, double crucible knight, and the endless stream of Tree Spirits)

The only time where repeat bosses pissed me off was in two instances:

The Astel clone in Snowfield, cause I feel it just takes away from the distinct coolness of the og Astel and they somehow made his grab attack even worse

and THEN Godefroy the Grafted in the Altus evergaol. Like seriously? Reusing a frikkin' shardbearer in a shitty ass inconsequential place. And it doesn't even have any new attacks! At least Astel 2 had new moves. This guy is just dollarstory Godrick with a silly ass goofy name, like he was intentionally placed there as a joke.

At least Elden Ring has the best dragon fight in from history (Dragonlord Flaccidsex my beloved)

On regular enemies

Motherfuckers added the basilisks in, I will never forgive them

On areas

Pretty much every area felt great and fun to traverse. Leyndell is def my favorite, followed closely behind by Farum Azula, Stormveil Castle, and the Volcano Manor dungeon

The Eternal Cities were beautiful and creepy, def the best atmosphere

Elphael was beautiful and had a good layout but it also had some... questionable encounter design

Lake of Rot can suck my dick

On music

I really liked the overworld tracks, particularly Altus, Leyndell and the Eternal City tracks. Good shit

Bosses had some really good tracks too, standouts being Godrick, Godfrey, Radagon, Godskin, and Lichdragon Fartysex. There's a couple others I'm also sleeping on that I wanna listen to on their own but those were the ones I picked up on in game as being flames just by playing.

Other stuff

Didn't experiment much with weapons/ashes of war which I kinda regret but I never really found any that interest me until late game and by then it was kinda too late to use (mfw Hoarah Loux's Earthshaker literally before the final boss)

Spells look cool as shit but I never really got to use them due to pumping pretty much everything into strength, endurance, and vigor until I reached super endgame

Some of them puzzles were too much for my 1 int brain

Frenzied Flame parkour in the shunning grounds is the hardest boss

Blackguard Big "Dick" Boggart is the best NPC in videogame history

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
im doing a int/fth build now after doing a quality build in my first playthrough
the game easy with spells
i scrapped this cos spells are boring as fuck, sseth was 100% right sorcery users sit at the back

im now doing str/fth and its 100x better doing melee

Nebulae
BA BA dudum dudum BA BA dudum dudum BA BA dudum dudum BA BA dudum BAAAAA BAAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAA BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAAA

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Finally beat it, honestly a little disappointed with the endgame and I think this game probably has the weakest endgame of all from titles unfortunately, including balance.

Everything up until the mountaintop of giants was a steady difficulty increase. After that, I began noticing that there's literally only nine unique bosses in the game, and every other boss is a reskin or is a duo boss for artificial difficulty, which just makes it less rewarding when you win and all the more frustrating otherwise.

The game doesn't seem balanced around solo play like the previous titles. Late game fights like the Godskin Duo without mimic tear clearly show that they encourage summons over solo play in this game. In previous titles like Souls 1, Smough and Ornstein had an arena which provided cover to separate the duo, or Souls 3 providing movement speed differences with probably my all time favorite boss in the series, Sister Friede.

Victory didn't really feel impactful in the late game, things honestly felt like more of a chore. With bosses like Elden Beast's AOE attacks and the dreaded camera (a classic), I felt I was relying more on RNG than actual skill and that really soured things for me. I also found my overall build becoming more and more obsolete as the game progressed and clearly favored a meta, which is unfortunate as they really did improve the balance of stats in the most recent titles.

Early game and mid game were fantastic otherwise, still eager to see whatever DLC comes along. Don't think I'll ever be running another NG of this though unless certain things are addressed.