ENTROPY : ZERO 2

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Is the payload transport tube some kind of branching path?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tbh Entropy Zero 2 makes me realise that one of my biggest regrets about Neb's HL2 is that we were never in a position to really push the envelope when it came to the more fun and out-there Sci-Fi stuff, simply because you can't do that when the server is an open-plan one where every individual person is telling a story.

Another massive bit of praise I have is they took the concept of "an EOW who SPEAKS and has PERSONALITY!!!" and made it work so seamlessly within the established lore and setting that Valve could come out and call this canon and I'd say it absolutely deserved it.

Reactions: List

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Tbh Entropy Zero 2 makes me realise that one of my biggest regrets about Neb's HL2 is that we were never in a position to really push the envelope when it came to the more fun and out-there Sci-Fi stuff, simply because you can't do that when the server is an open-plan one where every individual person is telling a story.

Another massive bit of praise I have is they took the concept of "an EOW who SPEAKS and has PERSONALITY!!!" and made it work so seamlessly within the established lore and setting that Valve could come out and call this canon and I'd say it absolutely deserved it.
in my eyes its cannon

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
valve said anything is canon as long as it doesn't contradict the games

sots

community bear
Nebulae
when the cops looked thru 3650s datafile and was like "damn, his daughter got murdered and the killa was never found so now hes a psycho cop doing whatever he can for credits to find out who did it" i was like wow thats a hl2rp char fr fr

cool game tho a lot of nostalgia juices going

Nebulae
when the cops looked thru 3650s datafile and was like "damn, his daughter got murdered and the killa was never found so now hes a psycho cop doing whatever he can for credits to find out who did it" i was like wow thats a hl2rp char fr fr

cool game tho a lot of nostalgia juices going

that entire CP flashback felt like playing nebulous all over again i stg

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Chapter Zero was probably the worst part of it.

I was moreso expecting some sort of extraordinary event to happen that Bad Cop would have to react to and end up changing to become how he is.

When everyone started talking of him like he was the antichrist, I got a bad feeling that was ultimately proven extremely correct.

Rest of the game made up for the Nebulous Cloud segment, so it's okay.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I was moreso expecting some sort of extraordinary event to happen that Bad Cop would have to react to and end up changing to become how he is.

When everyone started talking of him like he was the antichrist, I got a bad feeling that was ultimately proven extremely correct.

I liked it tbh - it did well to establish not only what he did to get reassigned in the 1st game but also hammered home the fact that he's an utter dick that really didn't get on well with anyone around him because he's so single-minded about finding out what happened to his daughter and is perpetually pissed off.

But even then he did have a social life and shit (played poker apparently at least).

Last edited:
Nebulae

it must suck for a game to ruin your mood this easily

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
it must suck for a game to ruin your mood this easily
Maybe I make it sound a bit harsh, but every game has a 'worst' segment and it just came off as a bit over the top. But as I said before the rest of the game is brilliant and I'd love to see more.

And hey, I was a bit inaccurate in saying 'Chapter Zero' was the worst part of the game, it was mapped fantastically and interacting with/witnessing interactions between the other cops was nice even if every word between me and every other cop except two was filled with vitriol. The worst part of the game was killing four of them in their own base because someone forgot to log out the admin terminal.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
51f78c2596506bd6249a61c3444c8f41.png

hated carrying him

missed him at the end

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
we didnt deserve wilson.....

wilson dying early on is not as impactful to bad cop when he dies later down the line (not the scripted one)

i refused to shoot the clone cop even if he did kill wilson

the last two bossfights were really good though

the game hit all the notes for me, it felt like a shorter hl2 game with a voiced protagonist, and a pretty good story (even if it's cliche and stuff). very solid game

11/10

frentium

radiation is just spicy air
Nebulae
man i sure do wanna hop on nebulous hl2rp on my eow just to mow down a rogue eow

the soundtrack hits different, i love it