Escape From Tarkov

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I just play the game
0d55061515.png
crazy gamer im shit at the game and only survive like 1 in 10 scav runs

give me a good map to play, woods is good and factory is okay but want to get into others; i hate the one in the mall but what do u recommend overall

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I like the game but I'm shit and can't run it.

Denny

Proton
Nebulae

give me a good map to play, woods is good and factory is okay but want to get into others; i hate the one in the mall but what do u recommend overall
Interchange has the best loot in my opinion, don't hate it, it's really great once you familiarize yourself with it and the loot spawns.

DesertedCake

Proton
Nebulae

I always go on customs, other maps if a quest requires me to go another map
I use an M1A with m80 (sometimes m61) ammo
do the quests whenever you can, watch videos online how to finish them fast

Denny

Proton
Nebulae
I always go on customs, other maps if a quest requires me to go another map
I use an M1A with m80 (sometimes m61) ammo
do the quests whenever you can, watch videos online how to finish them fast
What do you do on customs? Like what's your standard route if you have one that is.

Reactions: List

DesertedCake

Proton
Nebulae
What do you do on customs? Like what's your standard route if you have one that is.
go straight to dorms or gas station to see if a scav boss spawns (to get the bitcoin)
anything else look for people to kill for their gear
always insure before going out on a raid. you'll never know if you find yourself needing to dump your gear outside of the map for someone else
[doublepost=1536126734][/doublepost]
fX5tngF.jpg

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
kinda necroposting but bf bought me this game a few weeks ago and i don't recall ever hating a game so much while also playing it non stop. it's absolute jankgarbage but i can't stop doing scav runs.

Reactions: List

Corey

Kino™ Certified
Nebulae
Maybe I'll be able to run this fucking game after .12

Saint

Electron
Nebulae
I got three scav characters in a row that all had FN FAL's. Sadly only the Belgium and Aussie variants, still waiting on the American one :(

But if someone wants to play, I've actually been looking for people to team with. Only got the game like a week or two ago so I'm still learning.

My one noob highlight (this guy had a scoped mosin and lvl 4 helmet)

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
worth getting compared to other battle royales?

Horatio

Quark
Nebulae
If you have the time to invest, go ahead. The problem that eventually ensues in Tarkov is not being able to keep up with the competition. In the beginning, everybody is in a similar state, little to nothing in terms of equipment (Aside from those with the good Tarkov Package) - Eventually, people are able to equip themselves with more 'durable' equipment and soon you'll be outgunned.

That's not to say it ain't fun being outsourced, it presents a definite challenge and even the better ''equipped'' players are often the worse. A great way of leveling up is doing quests and runs for keys. If you are interested in buying Tarkov then I would wait until you've seen a few streams, gameplay videos, etc.

It's a decent game, has possibly the best gunplay mechanics and there are plenty of new mechanics being added in the future. Personally, if you were going to buy it I would suggest buying this package to save money:

2644e5f2de9121c23bb764ef0b56e70b.png

Saint

Electron
Nebulae
I wouldn't call it a BR since this game has an economy, quest lines, etc. Plus there's the consideration that you bring gear both in and out of raids (if you live). You should also of course expect to die (A LOT), I believe the survival rate even among the best players averages at about 50%. There's a lot of mechanics that take a bit of time to get used to like for example the importance of crouching/proning when you can to reduce recoil, what attachments are for what, ballistics, armor, etc.

If you have the time to invest, go ahead. The problem that eventually ensues in Tarkov is not being able to keep up with the competition. In the beginning, everybody is in a similar state, little to nothing in terms of equipment (Aside from those with the good Tarkov Package) - Eventually, people are able to equip themselves with more 'durable' equipment and soon you'll be outgunned.

That's not to say it ain't fun being outsourced, it presents a definite challenge and even the better ''equipped'' players are often the worse. A great way of leveling up is doing quests and runs for keys. If you are interested in buying Tarkov then I would wait until you've seen a few streams, gameplay videos, etc.

It's a decent game, has possibly the best gunplay mechanics and there are plenty of new mechanics being added in the future. Personally, if you were going to buy it I would suggest buying this package to save money:

2644e5f2de9121c23bb764ef0b56e70b.png
You definitely do not need the EOD edition to do well in this game. There are tons of budget kits that can be just as effective as the top gear in the game. Like a Mosin (a lvl 1 gun that is really cheap) can 1 shot headshot almost every helmet in the game. But the Gamma container is definitely something that does make a big difference.

The 300k starter money with the original edition is enough to either use your starter kit of guns for like 10 runs or buy budget builds that can range to 3-5 runs but have better survivability. I will say however that the game doesn't hold your hand when it comes to attachments and building guns, most of that you'll have to do via youtube or third party websites.

Horatio

Quark
Nebulae
I wouldn't call it a BR since this game has an economy, quest lines, etc. Plus there's the consideration that you bring gear both in and out of raids (if you live). You should also of course expect to die (A LOT), I believe the survival rate even among the best players averages at about 50%. There's a lot of mechanics that take a bit of time to get used to like for example the importance of crouching/proning when you can to reduce recoil, what attachments are for what, ballistics, armor, etc.

You definitely do not need the EOD edition to do well in this game. There are tons of budget kits that can be just as effective as the top gear in the game. Like a Mosin (a lvl 1 gun that is really cheap) can 1 shot headshot almost every helmet in the game. But the Gamma container is definitely something that does make a big difference.

The 300k starter money with the original edition is enough to either use your starter kit of guns for like 10 runs or buy budget builds that can range to 3-5 runs but have better survivability. I will say however that the game doesn't hold your hand when it comes to attachments and building guns, most of that you'll have to do via youtube or third party websites.
Never did I say ''You need the EOD edition to do well'' - It was a recommendation he buys this package if he is able to commit. Not to mention if you do runs continuously you will need the inventory space and the EOD Edition does the job. The point being if he does end up liking the game and wants to upgrade his package he'll end up paying 3x the amount.

That's why...

But, yes. Returning back to Tarkov, there is no hand-holding. Everything has a learning curve and the game expects you to adapt. It will be rewarding, but the situation is Tarkov will always present a scenario comparable to that of a double-edged sword. - You can be greedy, but it will be costly.

Last edited:

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
Escape from Tarkov was fun until they botched a bunch of the moderators in some stupid scheme and made me hate the game after a while. I was a UK emissary with moderation powers for quite some time.

It's well made, but I don't trust Russian Devs with my personal details.