• No

Votes: 119 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thy

Broccoli cures autism
Nebulae
@RetroPirate1 Sweden has heightened border control, Denmark has basically shut down its borders to immigrants and we are getting a record low of asylum seekers this week (45) because of our harsh immigration policy. So leaving the EU and thus no longer being a part of the Schengen Agreement, won't change anything with regards to illegal immigration. It will however exempt you from all the free internal trading agreements in the EU and prevent your own citizens from traveling freely. This will diminish productivity and cost thousands of jobs.

To put it in simple terms: sweden money go bye bye

Nebulae
@RetroPirate1 Sweden has heightened border control, Denmark has basically shut down its borders to immigrants and we are getting a record low.
But for how long will the borders be closed?
They're gonna open again one day and then we'll have the same problem.

Thy

Broccoli cures autism
Nebulae
But for how long will the borders be closed?
They're gonna open again one day and then we'll have the same problem.
Unless we fix the mass immigration, which we are trying to do. There are much better solutions than leaving the EU. Leaving the EU because of immigration is like bombing Stockholm because of unpaid parking tickets: Counter-productive and unnecessarily extreme.

Reactions: List

Zeo

Blackquill's lawyer
Nebulae
How to save EU

69a94531699f832c8d0181d3ef5041f9.gif

Nebulae
Unless we fix the mass immigration, which we are trying to do. There are much better solutions than leaving the EU. Leaving the EU because of immigration is like bombing Stockholm because of unpaid parking tickets: Counter-productive and unnecessarily extreme.
The problems regarding smuggling, illigeal immegration and other crimes across borders still remain.
Sure they'll still exist if we leave EU but not to such a big extent.

But I agree with what youre saying.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The problems regarding smuggling, illigeal immegration and other crimes across borders still remain.
You're pulling anecdotal and false statements out of your arse. How could you possibly say that leaving the EU would reduce these issues?

Zeo

Blackquill's lawyer
Nebulae

I wonder, how would I exit EU when my state is heart of EU.

Thy

Broccoli cures autism
Nebulae

There are pros and cons to everything, however in the case of EU the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Nebulae
You're pulling anecdotal and false statements out of your arse. How could you possibly say that leaving the EU would reduce these issues?
Having borders with more checks, guards and actual searches should stop a big part of smuggling and illigeal immegreation dont you think?

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Having borders with more checks, guards and actual searches should stop a big part of smuggling and illigeal immegreation dont you think?
Where has it been specified that you would obtain this as part of leaving the EU? The EU does not determine your border policies.

fishface009

Proton
Nebulae
People get worried a lot about the border issues. If the UK leaves it won't stop people coming into the country. Switzerland isn't in the EU but people can go there without any trouble.

fishface009

Proton
Nebulae
itt: a bunch of teenagers complain about immigration and how they know shit about it but pretend they do know shit

Except me! But even then, I work with a youth group and encouraging discussions even about mature topics like this is always encouraged. It sparks interest in politics among some of them and helps them out later on.

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
The undemocratic nature of the EU is really the core of the issue for me, I doubt it'll budge on that and the reforms DC got were more menial instead of the fundamental reform I think the EU requires. When you look at what happened in Greece it doesn't shine a lot of optimism for the EU, and it's economic policy enforces austerity across Europe and makes it impossible to follow the left side of the labour party, which whether you agree with or not if Europe denied them their economic policy after they were elected it would be a disaster for democracy.
In terms of immigration I think EU migration in general has been good for the UK economy, I think Blair and Labour made a mistake with allowing A8 migrants to come and work so quickly (which the rest of Europe didn't do) but migrants help fill jobs and help to balance out the ageing population.
People get worried a lot about the border issues. If the UK leaves it won't stop people coming into the country. Switzerland isn't in the EU but people can go there without any trouble.
That's because Switzerland wanted to be in the trade bloc of Europe without having to enter the EU itself, so joined the Schengen area to allow free movement of labour, the UK did not want to be in the Schenghen area so we have some strings attached (we can check peoples passports)

To be honest I'm pretty torn on the issue, it's complicated and requires a lot of thought to come to a reasonable answer. I'm going to be a year too young to vote in the referendum so I'm not looking to pick a side, just understand and think about.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Grrr those pesky Brussel guys preventing our border con-

Oh wait.

It's not a EU problem, at all.

Seriusly. You can just buy a plastic detector that opens the Gates at our border to denmark.

These are sold on the black market everywhere making it 100 times more easy for smugglers and immegreants to enter our borders.

It's called Brobizz.

LMAO FUCKING BLACK MARKET ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Those things are probably one of the most legal things you can find in fucking Denmark. They've been pushed SO FUCKING HARD in ads for fucking years now.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
OP ( °o°) <(Question)
Right wing ( °o°) <(*generic statements about immigration*) (*generic statements about euro*)> (°o° ) Left wing
Right wing \( òoò)/ <(*angry statements*) (*angry statements*)> \(òoò )/ Left wing
Blackquill (~˘▾˘)~ thread locked

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Illegal immigrants don't come from inside the EU, so leaving it won't change that.
I would assume that he is referring to the fact that once a person is inside the EU, they can travel by land across countries without restrictions.

That is why every year, Portugal and Spain receive notices and hold meetings and whatever the fuck to find ways to better patrol the Gibraltar stretch area, since it is a high-frequency entry point for both drugs and illegal immigrants.

Unfortunately, the sea is vast, and we don't actually have enough money to properly patrol it, which leads to lots of shit getting in.
That is why weed and hash is Portugal is dirt cheap. That shit first comes here, then circulates to the other EU countries.

Nebulae
LMAO FUCKING BLACK MARKET ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Those things are probably one of the most legal things you can find in fucking Denmark. They've been pushed SO FUCKING HARD in ads for fucking years now.
Dude...
Yes. They are sold legally, did you seriusly think I mean ONLY black market? What do you take me for?
But they are also sold in the black market.

Status
Not open for further replies.