Far Cry 5

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
day 2: I have killed john and I felt really bad. you know, he might be right. joseph could be speaking truth.

SPOILER DISGUSTING QUIET CLONE THAT USES SILENT BOW FOR STEALTH, SAYS EDGY SHIT AND FACE WAS ALMOST HEAD HACKED INTO FAR CRY 5.
32CF4D3145357E9B66A8EAB5A57558DEC94B5C39

metal-gear-solid-5-quiet.jpg.optimal.jpg

@Chezburger IS A GREAT PILOT.

C41813736C1DC4A2A2B76F0234FBB7A87D8EF574

498F00BEF2B3286153B59CD808F0913A24895D0F

DB25F4E7644AF587505FD7208217FF9913565E0D

KEEPS TRYING TO UNSTUCK PLANE AND GET TO RIVER WHILE I TAKE AGGRO

BLACK YEEZUS

120A122654FA24D261ACAE87D25C21F80FD633BA

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Could not be more happy with both of the ending. Truly a great game. Enjoyed it very much.

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
20180406101346_1.jpg

20180410115503_1.jpg

20180410115606_1.jpg

20180410115856_1.jpg

20180410115841_1.jpg

Far Cry 5 is a good game, especially when you do some quick maths and pull a minus three on it before starting it. Neat trick, I know!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
20180406101346_1.jpg

20180410115503_1.jpg

20180410115606_1.jpg

20180410115856_1.jpg

20180410115841_1.jpg

Far Cry 5 is a good game, especially when you do some quick maths and pull a minus three on it before starting it. Neat trick, I know!
Is that the new minecraft?

D

Deleted member 118

The satisfaction of running through outposts with your bat out, bashing people in the head with it.

This game is great so far. Killed Jacob a few days ago, halfway there with John and I'm gonna save our lovely Faith for last.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
I think that the game's got the same cons as all the other new shooters, like Halo 5. All of these newer ones this year have been ending up the same in a way. Just like how people like MW1-MW2, but didn't enjoy MW3 as much.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
also africans and jamming weapons, brutal healing animations and fucking malaria which was awesome
Malaria was a stupid gimmicky feature that contributed nothing positive to the gameplay. Stop lying to yourself. Everything else you mentioned was good though.

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
Malaria was a stupid gimmicky feature that contributed nothing positive to the gameplay. Stop lying to yourself. Everything else you mentioned was good though.

I disagree, the malaria was for me a good feature that made you as a character feel more vulnerable.

D

Deleted member 118

I played through the game and picked the ending where you do the thing you are told NOT to do.

Great game, but the ending kinda ruined it for me. Still the last few minutes of the game were pretty intense. It was very badass and I've enjoyed the hell out of it

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
FAR CRY 5 PLOT SPOILERS BEWARE!!

For people who don't understand the game, I'll give you the summary of it.

You play as the tragic hero of a Shakespearean play.

Your adversaries are the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

John = Famine, as he plunders and loots the supplies and goods from the South-Western region to put them to use in the Collapse.
Jacob = War, as he's ex-military and holds a Darwinist approach of 'the weak should fear the strong' and that the herd must be culled.
Faith = Pestilence, as she produces and controls others using bliss, a mind-warping poison that corrupts the minds of those who consume it.
Joseph = Death, as he is what you meet in the end of times, on top of the fact his daughter was taken from his own hands after he believed God meant to take her in a car accident with her mother.

Joseph confesses that he is doing what he is doing because he has predicted the Collapse, He wanted to save people from the sin and chaos in the world that was caused by greed, gluttony, lust, sloth, pride, envy and wrath that would eventually consume everyone in hellfire, or nuclear annihilation, which is why they created the bunkers.

In the West shall rise
A sinister creed
The rich will get want they want
The poor will lose what they need
The devil knows our fears
He told all his friends
They'll block the sun with their lies
Darkness descends

Chorus
Oh Lord, The great collapse
Won't be our end
When the world falls into the flames
We will rise again
We will rise again
Let the wars begin
Keep our pistols near
Our neighbors, thin and frail
As they disappear
Let the chaos come
Let our houses freeze
The lights will all go out
But we'll finally see

Chorus
Won't be our end
We will rise again
We will rise again
When the sky has cleared and the storm has passed
We'll walk arm in arm
Down our promise path
We'll watch the sun come up
From its bed of black
We'll enter Eden's garden and never look back

Chorus
Won't be our end
We will rise again
We will rise again

They wanted to gather their flock and prepare for end times, and the hero, or anti-hero, depending on the way you want to look at it, and return as Eden's Gate. The symbolism behind this is the idea that once the world is wiped clean, they will start a new 'Garden of Eden' and only they have the key to get in, hence Eden's Gate.

As you kill off his brothers and sister, they all tell you the same thing, that nothing you do will change what will happen, and they're 100% correct. You, the player, are actively fighting against "God's plan", only to eventually realize that there is nothing you can do to change God's plan. Everything you touch ends up being destroyed, including everybody you wanted to save. You end up killing thousands of people, and for what? They end up victims, no matter how hard you tried to solve their problems and restore hope to Hope County.

The endings are perfect, despite how many people complain about it because if they were to allow the player to 'win', the story would lose almost all meaning. It ends up offering you a choice as your fellow officers are held by those who saved, warped by the bliss. Joseph gives you the ultimatum from the start of the game, you can either 'walk away and leave well enough alone' like the sheriff told you at the start in the helicopter, or spite God and try to kill off Joseph and there the plot comes full circle. Do you realize your mistakes and admit that all you've done is cause grief and destruction across the county, only to have everyone you've saved end up as victims yet again, OR do you stubbornly fulfill your pride and try to end what you started.

If you decide to give up on trying to arrest Joseph Seed and leave him to his flock, you end up saving yourself as Jacob's conditioning tune plays, and you end with your final screw loose, ending up in what is implied a fight in the char, killing them all and ending up a cultist that returns to Eden's Gate.

If you decide to pursue Jacob, you end up killing more people than you save, because Joseph is unable to tend to and return his flock to the bunkers, leaving you and him stuck together forever in Dutch's bunker, where you are bound and left with him. He says to the protagonist, "I'd kill you for all that you've done, but you're all the family I've got left.", or something along those lines. Your stubborn decision has costed him his flock, but again, you are all that he has left, and you will spend the rest of your time atoning for the misguided deeds that you could've avoided if only you did not arrest him.

If you had only let him do his thing, he could have saved more lives than he took, and he would've saved more lives than you took in stopping him and trying to prevent 'God's plan'. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

The nukes are not his, mind you. They were a result of international escalation that lead to nuclear warfare as depicted in these radio messages.

Honestly, I don't even care that they tuned down some gameplay elements and mechanics because the plot and story definitely knocked it up above Far Cry 2, 3, and 4 for me. Far Cry has always been a game I play for both the gunplay and the story, and they nailed both. It just frustrates me to see uncultured people claim that the ending was bad because they couldn't ride into the Montana sunset on horse back after killing the baddies.

One of my favorite games, hands down.
[doublepost=1523918203][/doublepost]
Fuck drumpf and fuck white people

buy my microtransactions
it felt good, they kept it apolitical and I'm pretty sure you would like the game tbh, but orwell was all I could afford, if I had a job, I might've considered getting it for you on sale so we could play together OwO

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I wish the game let me actually talk to NPCs as some of them seem like genuinely good characters however I'm gordon freeman and can't speak a word of my thoughts or make decisions.

Nick Rye for example, it would've been cool to be the deciding factor on whether or not he leaves with his family or stays to fight the good fight.

The game just makes you feel like a passenger to several small stories as opposed to someone who plays a role in each of them.