News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2311251774&

Here's the map we'll be using, the transfer will be fairly simple but let me lay things out for you very clearly here before we start.

No 1. We'll be setting up the City over the weekend, this means that across the two weeks we'll be playing on this map, depending on how it goes - the players can push it to last as long or as short as they make it last through IC action. As in, if one side pushes on completely and drives the other one out, we can switch maps early and keep the momentum going. Every outpost you capture, every push you make will actually account to more or less of a victory, or something entirely decisive and a map switch if you play smart.

No 2. Fog, we're gonna use fog and weather this entire event, this makes it impossible to snipe eachother unless you see an outline in the fog. This means the vortigaunt issue should stop being an issue. If you log on the server and the fog hasn't been tossed on yet, that means the server's just restarted and no staff have been on to sort it, so please don't go out shooting eachother.

No 3. OTA will be used, they'll be used for a gradual retreat for the City too, this means every day or every other day I'll manage them to pull back one outpost. This does not make it impossible to hit an outpost, it just makes it harder to hit outposts very early in the event. OTA will also never be on the attack to keep it fair, they'll hold posts, they'll be in combat, but they won't attack with the rest of the bulk.

If they die at an outpost, they'll only be deployed on the further back one along. They can never advance, only retreat. (They'll not have thermals)

No 3. PK's only apply to when you're attacking the rebels or the Unions backmost bases, the core of their defenses. Any of the normal outposts scattered throughout are all NLR for attacking. I'll make a seperate thread to keep track of who's taken one at any one time. I don't want to see people taking these back over in the middle of the night, refer to the 10 people on either side rule in this regard.

You'll also get PKed if you go for a swim in the Lake.

No 4. No vendors (except for OTA). The supplies you bring from Ineu Valley, our staging ground are the supplies you'll keep - we'll run supply and convoy events that work with the map in order to do refills. Carry absolutely everything you can cram into your inventories, the only containers we'll be transfering are the massive box ones, so stick anything you can't carry into there and we'll bring them over.

No 5. If you have complaints with other players, message a staff member, make a ban request, or have a conversation. Don't post on the forums about how this guy and that guy did a bad thing! The feedback thread is for the gameplay loop and very little else.

Last edited:

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
No 4. No vendors (except for OTA).
troll-face-creepy-smile.gif

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
b-b-b--b-b-b-b-b-but the rebels took all our supplies! We only got USP-Matches!
im doing it before the rebel players do it

skillissue-skill.gif

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2311251774&

Here's the map we'll be using, the transfer will be fairly simple but let me lay things out for you very clearly here before we start.

No 1. We'll be setting up the City over the weekend, this means that across the two weeks we'll be playing on this map, depending on how it goes - the players can push it to last as long or as short as they make it last through IC action. As in, if one side pushes on completely and drives the other one out, we can switch maps early and keep the momentum going. Every outpost you capture, every push you make will actually account to more or less of a victory, or something entirely decisive and a map switch if you play smart.

No 2. Fog, we're gonna use fog and weather this entire event, this makes it impossible to snipe eachother unless you see an outline in the fog. This means the vortigaunt issue should stop being an issue. If you log on the server and the fog hasn't been tossed on yet, that means the server's just restarted and no staff have been on to sort it, so please don't go out shooting eachother.

No 3. OTA will be used, they'll be used for a gradual retreat for the City too, this means every day or every other day I'll manage them to pull back one outpost. This does not make it impossible to hit an outpost, it just makes it harder to hit outposts very early in the event. OTA will also never be on the attack to keep it fair, they'll hold posts, they'll be in combat, but they won't attack with the rest of the bulk.

If they die at an outpost, they'll only be deployed on the further back one along. They can never advance, only retreat. (They'll not have thermals)

No 3. PK's only apply to when you're attacking the rebels or the Unions backmost bases, the core of their defenses. Any of the normal outposts scattered throughout are all NLR for attacking. I'll make a seperate thread to keep track of who's taken one at any one time. I don't want to see people taking these back over in the middle of the night, refer to the 10 people on either side rule in this regard.

You'll also get PKed if you go for a swim in the Lake.

No 4. No vendors (except for OTA). The supplies you bring from Ineu Valley, our staging ground are the supplies you'll keep - we'll run supply and convoy events that work with the map in order to do refills. Carry absolutely everything you can cram into your inventories, the only containers we'll be transfering are the massive box ones, so stick anything you can't carry into there and we'll bring them over.

No 5. If you have complaints with other players, message a staff member, make a ban request, or have a conversation. Don't post on the forums about how this guy and that guy did a bad thing! The feedback thread is for the gameplay loop and very little else.

WHAT TIME DO WE SWAP NEXUS

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Sorry for the lack of a better calling, ' @Roosebud 's weapon crafting' implemented on HL2RP from Stasiland?
The whole idea being the progression in weaponry, from scrap weapons crafted from scratch to sophisticated weapons (scavenged /supplies).

Just was thinking for a character RPing making those could be fun, along with having more guns in circulation maybe?

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Premium Lockers will also be absent, I assume?

D

Deleted member 1405

1. Whats to happen to our characters at the end of this whole thing? I dont need an answer rn persay but I just wanna give my characters an actual ending instead of finding out the database has been wiped
  2. Are OTA dropping weapons if they die?
  3. How have you been?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Whats to happen to our characters at the end of this whole thing? I dont need an answer rn persay but I just wanna give my characters an actual ending instead of finding out the database has been wiped
i made this whole thing with the people who have held onto characters for a long time in mind. they'll either die here if they're tired of the whole shitck or persist and write their own stories later.
Are OTA dropping weapons if they die?
yeah
How have you been?
good yeah got nothing to complain about really
[doublepost=1631896123][/doublepost]
WHAT TIEM!!!!!
like 7pm or so when people are on

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Whats to happen to our characters at the end of this whole thing? I dont need an answer rn persay but I just wanna give my characters an actual ending instead of finding out the database has been wiped
no there's no wipe

server will continue after the event ends