News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
You guys gotta shake this notion that anytime somebody brings up something they don't like they care complaining.

The same people who you deem to be 'complaining' are also some of the few that are bothering to try and get on the server.

Realize you critique something because you love and care about something. I and the others brining up issues with the map could easily just quit playing cold turkey like many others have, but we chose not to because of the desire to see this thing come around. To state the very obvious, this event has had issues holding players, we would want to avoid problems with players leaving too early on the next map too no?
don't turn criticism into perpetuating the idea people do nothing but complain about the event gamers
you all almost turned one post into nearly an entire page

Reactions: List

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
me too

but people took ur criticism and nearly made it a page of talking about another issue entirely
no good
I guess I could say we are no strangers to love afterall

people loooove to discuss, even if it is for the most menial stuff haha

D

Deleted member 4795

me too

but people took ur criticism and nearly made it a page of talking about another issue entirely
no good

I mean if people derail or whatever that's out of my control, I'm not a mod or anything.

What I'm saying is that there are people that have the nerve to insult and name-calling people who have issues with the map cause they didn't just neb the post and not say anything. But the people that ARE saying something are some of the more loyal players that have been making major attempts as of recent to get the pop up and the server active. Yes I stated that the choice of map was not a good one, but I was also on the server this morning with Merlin begging people over steam to try to get on.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You guys gotta shake this notion that anytime somebody brings up something they don't like they care complaining.

The same people who you deem to be 'complaining' are also some of the few that are bothering to try and get on the server.

Realize you critique something because you love and care about something. I and the others brining up issues with the map could easily just quit playing cold turkey like many others have, but we chose not to because of the desire to see this thing come around. To state the very obvious, this event has had issues holding players, we would want to avoid problems with players leaving too early on the next map too no?
The other side of that is that it gets incredibly tiring to actually put in effort only for the playerbase to either duck out within a few days despite "HYPE HYPE HYPE" in threads or for it to just flop in general - or to be met with instant criticism.

The nail in the coffin for me was getting 20+ nebs on posts about the reforms to the CPOG only for most of those same players to literally not play when it dropped over some retarded arbitrary 'deadline' because 'it came too late'. I think everyone knows it was bollocks, the situation that caused it was bollocks but that's effectively it in people's heads. Same with the swap to City V in general and all of the masses of changes. Didn't matter beyond people circling how good it was on the forums.

People did a 180 on CityRP, OutlandsRP is a funny joke and expecting rebels to carry anything on the server is a meme and this event that could have been fun was turned into people bitching about S2K while the ENLIGHTENED ROLEPLAYERS said things others had said three fucking years ago and got masses of support for it.

No, it isn't all complaining for the sake of it. But it feels like people are just kicking folks in the balls at this point.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
rXsnQYt.png

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

I get your complaints with the map, and yeah- it is massive, although not massively bigger than Ineu Valley. But this has really just allowed us to make exploring all the empty bits of the map more exciting- additionally giving several approaches; and putting out APC's or choppers or the like without feeling guilty that people are backed into a corner.

It'll inevitably feel slightly empty, yes - but spacing out encounters and events will be extremely easy for this short burst of time. With this map as a long-time setting, it might struggle, but for its intended purpose this weekend I believe in it.

I also had no idea it was used for a million other things because I really don't play Gmod outside of when I've been doing Neb events.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Thank you Nexus for the event :-) No matter what someone here might say, two weeks is still a lot of time to work on a map and cater it to a server where they are ungrateful. Thank you Nexus.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Thank you Nexus for the event :grinning: No matter what someone here might say, two weeks is still a lot of time to work on a map and cater it to a server where they are ungrateful. Thank you Nexus.
its been 4 weeks and 1 day now, tomorrow will be the last day that im doing anything
[doublepost=1633187627][/doublepost]
ye i really appreciate the effort @nexus put in cause a lot of people have never done anything for the server
thanks a lot bossman
dont think the people who tug at the most minute details realise just how much micromanaging goes into something like this. i thought i'd have time to roleplay a bit, i only had about one hour with @chronos in the entire event and the rest has been doing stuff for everyone on the server

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae
its been 4 weeks and 1 day now, tomorrow will be the last day that im doing anything
[doublepost=1633187627][/doublepost]
thanks a lot bossman
dont think the people who tug at the most minute details realise just how much micromanaging goes into something like this. i thought i'd have time to roleplay a bit, i only had about one hour with @chronos in the entire event and the rest has been doing stuff for everyone on the server
it was awesome he got naked in the back of a seat ibza fr sport

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
dont think the people who tug at the most minute details realise just how much micromanaging goes into something like this.
They really don't lol

Either way I had fun playing and the passive was great. You did good, regardless of the day-in-day-out S2K drama.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
@nexus ill take my CP Issue Kar98k now,
[doublepost=1633193194][/doublepost]God, I love how this map allows for dynamic street/wilderness battles as well as advancements on capturing places of interest for the combine /rebels, ths map is far too big for rebels to hold all possible places like they have on coast Definitely a based choice gamers
[doublepost=1633193277][/doublepost]I wish striders worked, thi'd be amazing map for striders

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
only in the final bit on sunday, until then its nlr unless base attack
I hope the finale isn't just two sides shooting at each other then
I wouldn't count on high attendance rate if that was the case