Serious Fitness General

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I was thinking about going to the gym but holy shit they are so expensive here

I saw 1300-1500 denars for three times a week for a month which is 25 bucks at some of the non-crackhouse looking ones (and i have 0 disposable income)

other places are way too far for me and I just cant commute to them, anyone got ideas or something
Calesthenics and running

Reactions: List

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
will it be a bad idea to renew my membership for a whole year?

yearly membership costs like 150 euro i think and it includes limitless access to the pool, solarium, group workouts, spa, and fitness equipment in general

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
will it be a bad idea to renew my membership for a whole year?

yearly membership costs like 150 euro i think and it includes limitless access to the pool, solarium, group workouts, spa, and fitness equipment in general
Man thats cheap as fuck. I pay like 42 euro’s a month for the same

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae

Okay gang lets get this back.

I've been watching Dragon Ball again so I'm pumped up.

Lockdown v2 in the UK, gyms closed again, which is ridiculous because there was only something like only 100 cases caused inside gyms ALL over the country since they reopened, might have to fact check that. I need home workout ideas and stuff.

I was luckily nearing the end of my 5x5 so I could get my max-outs before they closed. Considering I had both a motorbike and a cycling crash a few months prior, I'm happy with these numbers. I feel super confident and like I can lift anything. When the gyms reopen, I've decided to go onto Bulgarian Light style training, focusing on one specific lift, every single day, for a long period of time just to improve it. Bench is probably my weakest if I'm honest. Upper body is nowhere near as strong as my lower.

Here's my videos for my lifts:

How is your training goin bros?

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
How is your training goin bros?

Good shit bro.
I started with 5 day body split, then moved onto P.H.U.L. later down the line.
Started to take MMA classes, with no gi BJJ. Hopefully once I head over to Canada, or move back to Dubai for a year I'll get into Gi BJJ, and more personalised training. Started Strongman Lifts recently to build more strength for MMA & BJJ. fuck the lockdown though, surely they'll review gyms and open them again soon.

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Good shit bro.
I started with 5 day body split, then moved onto P.H.U.L. later down the line.
Started to take MMA classes, with no gi BJJ. Hopefully once I head over to Canada, or move back to Dubai for a year I'll get into Gi BJJ, and more personalised training. Started Strongman Lifts recently to build more strength for MMA & BJJ. fuck the lockdown though, surely they'll review gyms and open them again soon.
Sounds good man sounds good. Strength is all I’m going for at the moment because naturally with strength comes mass as opposed to definition, and when it’s approaching summer I’ll cut a bit more

I’m just praying they reopen. I’m furloughed again, and now they’ve extended it until March, I know I’m gonna be on it for that long because my work is trying to save money. If they don’t open the gyms I’m fucked

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
haven't been able to do weights for a bit since uni, my strength has somewhat left me again but I've been doing the press-up challenge for charity that's been going around (seem to be doing fine so far)

running hasn't been impacted, managed to squeeze my treadmill into my dorm room

how're you fellas doing with UK lockdown?

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
haven't been able to do weights for a bit since uni, my strength has somewhat left me again but I've been doing the press-up challenge for charity that's been going around (seem to be doing fine so far)

running hasn't been impacted, managed to squeeze my treadmill into my dorm room

how're you fellas doing with UK lockdown?
Movember for me, pisses my Mum off because she hates moustaches but idc it’s good to have an excuse not to shave

Was gonna get a small shed in the back garden and start on a home gym. Any good shouts of where to get decent used equipment??

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Looking to get back into fitness bros can I get some motivational posts
After my motorbike crash and cycling crash, I could only deadlift 75kg for one rep. Look at me now.

i don’t lift for that though bro, I lift for my wedding day where I’m gonna carry Victoria down the aisle of that church and to the car

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
Only was able to get 3 gym sessions in before lockdown started again, F

decided to structure my deadlifts a lil bit different and was able to hit 5 reps of my 1 RM from january in my second session after 7 months of not doing them

found out that weighted dips translate really well to bench to the point of barely losing any strength, still need to figure out how to replace barbell squats properly however

focusing on running atm and doing core workouts

Eldrun

Neutrino
Nebulae
My current routine. (Arms and Shoulders as well as other smaller muscle groups such as trapezoids)
Ahh yes I too like working out my
images

But in all seriousness I just run (usually 5km x3 a week) and do circuit exercises since I'm not going to the gym atm.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
Just hit 2*30kg dumbbell flat bench 3 sets of 8 reps. We’re slowly making progress.

Last edited:

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
absolute unit but isn't it reps over weight?
Depends.

Hypertrophy is usually 6-8 reps on heavy lifts such as bench press and dumbbell press, etc.
Whereas on exercises that focus on a specific muscle group I do 8-12 reps for 3 sets. (Tricep pushdowns, etc.)

Although this is just a "golden rule", it all comes down to time-under-tension. My current goal is 100 KG bench press by summer, tho. :)

Nebulae
Depends.

Hypertrophy is usually 6-8 reps on heavy lifts such as bench press and dumbbell press, etc.
Whereas on exercises that focus on a specific muscle group I do 8-12 reps for 3 sets. (Tricep pushdowns, etc.)

Although this is just a "golden rule", it all comes down to time-under-tension. My current goal is 100 KG bench press by summer, tho. :grinning:
will keep this in mind as i move onto heavier lifts over the spring/summer thank you based wedgeman