Serious Fitness General

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
nicotine increases blood pressure for better musclebuilding and 10 more excuses i tell myself to be happy with my regimen
buy my book

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
any ppl with deadlift experience here?
I recently bought a barbell and I'm terrified of fucking up my lower back from bad form, I've watched like 4 different videos and i got no idea if I'm doing it right lol

I did deadlifts for an hour yesterday with as good form as I could with a total load of 40kg (thought id start out light) and my lower back feels a little funny when I use it now, but it doesn't hurt really.

good or bad?

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
I recently bought a barbell and I'm terrified of fucking up my lower back from bad form, I've watched like 4 different videos and i got no idea if I'm doing it right lol

I did deadlifts for an hour yesterday with as good form as I could with a total load of 40kg (thought id start out light) and my lower back feels a little funny when I use it now, but it doesn't hurt really.

good or bad?
how are you checking your form? are you recording yourself?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

good or bad?
Use a mirror, king

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
how are you checking your form? are you recording yourself?
ye
Use a mirror, king
sadly I don't have a mirror anywhere where the barbell can fit

e; here's my form
af4d3e477ed7d5873920cd02566a83ac.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

good or bad?
theyre my favourite exercise worst thats happened is my hips were too high and my lower back was a bit sore for a few days

start the movement by pushing your legs into the ground like a leg press then its all back once above your knees. probably expect a small amount of lower back pain from doms if youre starting fresh but its not normal after a while. shoulders should be above the bar and middle of your foot underneath it

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
ye

sadly I don't have a mirror anywhere where the barbell can fit

e; here's my form
af4d3e477ed7d5873920cd02566a83ac.gif
that form actually looks pretty good

just make sure you drive with your legs and squeeze your ass cheeks at the top, rather than lifting with your back, it's a hard habit to shift when you get to the bigger weights and is a sure-fire cause for injury trying to shift that much using lower back

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
just a quick update on my measurements

for today, 108cm (or 42 inches) - Chest
38cm, (or 14.9 inches) - Arms