FORTNITE MURDERS AMOGUS: IMPOSTOR

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
I haven't followed Fortnite since OG season 3 and I'm too intimidated to catch up (besides just not being too interested and having lost my old cosmetics), because AFAIK, there have been:

-boats
-new season naming scheme
-Fortnite 2?
-reality/dimension jumping storyline
-famous football men
-sandbox mode
-Roblox-like sidegame?
-Ariana Grande concert
-SCP Foundation-esque secret organisation with default model common name man as a recurring character
-said common name man betraying the organisation
-aliens
-PvE gamemode?
-and now, Among Us

EDIT: also, there's no way this will kill good ol' amogus

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
among us hardly invented the concept

TTT's been a thing for years dude

theres a difference between social investigation games (TTT, werewolf, town of salem, amogus, secret nazi) and taking a games setting, on a spaceship, their terminology, reporting bodies straight away, and needing to do space station tasks, following the success of among us.

the difference isnt as wide as TTT to among us. the difference is among us and then Among Us Deluxe

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
theres a difference between social investigation games (TTT, werewolf, town of salem, amogus, secret nazi) and taking a games setting, on a spaceship, their terminology, reporting bodies straight away, and needing to do space station tasks, following the success of among us.

the difference isnt as wide as TTT to among us. the difference is among us and then Among Us Deluxe
I dunno, Fortnite literally made its name by essentially being pubg but better

I get that they use a similar setting or terminology but, IDK some games can spin a concept and make it better than the original

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

I get that they use a similar setting or terminology but, IDK some games can spin a concept and make it better than the original

Its different if its like H1Z1 to Arma 3 Battle Royale. But its not. Its amoggus, in 3D, with some extra fluff on top. Its not spinning the concept. Idk, like you said, Fortnite did the same to PUBG, I was hoping they wouldn't do it again, because theres a next time. Fortnite is a massive market, and I doubt they need more money. Its predatory.

I don't care about Among Us at all, last I played was November or summin. Its just predatory practice.
[doublepost=1629327785][/doublepost]
oh you mean this?

8e7b8922c47c772610d8d21e05524f46.png

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I don't see what's wrong with a game studio copying a game concept of another game, this is literally how the industry has functioned forever.
[doublepost=1629327907][/doublepost]
Its predatory.
This is delusion.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Its predatory.
Ehhh, I dunno

Surely if Among us is the better game it'll still retain it's popularity right?

Do you mind explaining what you mean by predatory? I'm curious what you mean.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Where were you guys when Dota 2 copied the entire Auto chess game after the developers didn't wanna be acquired by Valve?

It's how the industry works.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

woah people are mad that fortnite, a game that rips off the idea from pubg, which rips off the idea from an Arma mod, which was inspired by DayZ, ripped off another game concept?

sots

community bear
Nebulae
i have hated epic games ever since they shut down paragon. thanks for the free games though

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I don't see what's wrong with a game studio copying a game concept of another game, this is literally how the industry has functioned forever.
[doublepost=1629327907][/doublepost]
This is delusion.
yeah it happens - doesnt mean it's good, the industry sucks ass

this is fortnite of all properties, they could of *easily* reached out to the devs to do an actual collaboration

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
yeah it happens - doesnt mean it's good, the industry sucks ass

this is fortnite of all properties, they could of *easily* reached out to the devs to do an actual collaboration
It doesn't suck ass though.

How are you sure that Epic didn't try to collaborate with the Among Us studio and were unable to reach a deal for acquisition or something? Every game concept is an iteration from a previous idea or concept from a different game, this goes for movies and pretty much all entertainment.