FORTNITE MURDERS AMOGUS: IMPOSTOR

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
no, no. My point wasn’t that these games are the same, they’re in the genre of battle royale.

if among us copyrighted prior to this, what would they copyright it as?

If h1z1 copyrighted it, how would they describe their patent?

Ingame ring gets smaller whilst guns are around and you pvp other players

like the issue is you allow these copyrights they disallow future games using these core mechanics

I’m not saying fortnite isn’t fucked. I’m saying that this is how it has to be cause the alternative is fucking awful

Okay, Pilot_Bland, we as people, can look at Apex Legends, to H1Z1, and see that these games only share a genre of Battle Royale.
Can you look at Fortnite AMOGGUS and Amogus and say the same thing?
That is the difference, that is where the line is drawn.

Games shouldn't be copy-righted!! There shouldn't be patents!! But we should be able to call out when a game blatantly rips off another game. More so over, we should be able to recognise these very predatory patterns in a gaming industry, because if we don't, it is a very slippery slope to monopolisation on the gaming market and pushing out smaller indie devs.

The eight year old children doesn't care which came first, or which is better. They care for names, who made the game? Whos playing the game? A literal child won't look at the two and compare the differences between their core mechanics.

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i do agree that using the exact same terminology is just a coinage for kids who are already into among us to instantly snap up and relate to the fortnite update which in itself is a pretty exploitative way to shuffle a market and towards themselves. if it were truly an inspired, standalone experience they'd have had no issues defining it by their own terms.

Nebulae
One thing I am wondering though is, will kids who play fortnite actually even play fortnite among us? The main selling point of fortnite and everything it rips off is that it's free. But... So is Among Us.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Games shouldn't be copy-righted!! There shouldn't be patents!! But we should be able to call out when a game blatantly rips off another game. More so over, we should be able to recognise these very predatory patterns in a gaming industry, because if we don't, it is a very slippery slope to monopolisation on the gaming market and pushing out smaller indie devs.

the slippery slope is regarding that the courts will have enough brainpower to indulge blatant infringement cases then be forced to indulge sort of blatant but a little lacking till we’re dealing with just mechanics from games that are genuinely an issue

that is the slippery slope. This is immoral as fuck but dude again, alternative being? Trusting our courts?

copyright is fucking retarded anyhow, software, medicine, etc

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
the slippery slope is regarding that the courts will have enough brainpower to indulge blatant infringement cases then be forced to indulge sort of blatant but a little lacking till we’re dealing with just mechanics from games that are genuinely an issue

that is the slippery slope. This is immoral as fuck but dude again, alternative being? Trusting our courts?

copyright is fucking retarded anyhow, software, medicine, etc

I mean if your issue comes down to not trusting American Courts, I don't blame you. I suppose its better reasoning than just letting big corp do whatever they want for more money.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I suppose its better reasoning than just letting big corp do whatever they want for more money.

i know you're joking, and believe me i don't want this either

but cornering markets + taking advantage of patents that completely disallow games to be made for being similar < copycat games that fuck with the little man (not among us since they got a fuckton of money prior, but other games not noticed yet)

e: fucked up

i hate 'le slippery slope' for a lot of things but US courts im not in the fucking wrong, they suck at this shit

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Argument kinda silly tbh no point in dancing further about the god damn design it isn't even a full game and it will probably go away in a few months time, Among Us people did not patent their stuff and Epic like any other gaming company took advantage of it, "it's the same shit" well so is betrayal so are other games similar to it, you don't even know if it's an exact copy either, plus it will have its own twist as Fortnite had. Back in the day people were also screaming about Fortnite "oh Fortnite copy of PUBG for kids what fucking trash oh my God" man it's different and it's cool I don't especially like it but it's pretty nice just leave it be.

All companies, whether games companies or not, do similar stuff, and it's absolutely legal. Do the devs of Among Us have a right to be frustrated? I... Guess? If they want to be mad at something like that they might as well never, ever make a game again because the industry builds on itself constantly to sell and sell even more. They should see this as a success of a genre they presented and topped, not as a menace, they will most likely not lose money like they have not lost money with the release of similar iMp0sTeR games, just like CSGO didn't die with Valorant or like PUBG didn't die with Fortnite (despite its despicable, horrendous state back in the day).

I said it already, the impostor mode will be played in a wide majority by people who already play Fortnite. People love comfort.

For fucks sakes. No need to get personal and petty over a damn game.

but cornering markets + taking advantage of patents that completely disallow games to be made for being similar < copycat games that fuck with the little man (not among us since they got a fuckton of money prior, but other games not noticed yet)

I won't say anything but: Disney and Nintendo.

That's all, whoever knows, knows.