Serious FrundTech Anniversary Approaching

Should FrundTech's revival be given a second chance?

• Yeah, I think it was a cool concept.

• No, bad idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
problems:

* no real goal, in hl2rp you can become a loyalist or defeat le combines, there wasn't a set out plan in frundtech
* the main faction which the story was about, frundtech, was rarely seen and was basically WI rp
* mutants didnt work out
* unmotivated/bad staff

YALL REMEMBER THE RAT GANG
@goobypls @afran @Mr Snuggles
killing scavengers since 1961

now what was good about frundtech rp?

* the massive amount of freedom, in hl2rp you need to ask auth for every little stuff you wanna do, in frundtech you could just do everything
* great fun
* sort of western feeling like fallout new vegas, idk, i feel like that was captured really well

Yeah man, lmao I kept listening to the Fallout 3 and NV soundtrack while scripthunting on the desert map. But I agree with you. I think with a better supervised staff team and some kind of plan as a goal for the gamemode it could be good again though. Could revolve around the survivors moving through settlements, trying to build a safe haven and getting proven wrong with each mapchange event with something being wrong about the area.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
problems:

* no real goal, in hl2rp you can become a loyalist or defeat le combines, there wasn't a set out plan in frundtech
* the main faction which the story was about, frundtech, was rarely seen and was basically WI rp
* mutants didnt work out
* unmotivated/bad staff

* the massive amount of freedom, in hl2rp you need to ask auth for every little stuff you wanna do, in frundtech you could just do everything
* great fun
* sort of western feeling like fallout new vegas, idk, i feel like that was captured really well

call me a shit staff member again and ill kill you

cant do much when i was in a fucking car crash fighting for my life

LSDegenerate

Snugglesium
Nebulae
problems:

* mutants didnt work out
* unmotivated/bad staff

* great fun
Wanna go back to them RatPack days, fucking Gnasher and his cronies

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
problems:

* mutants didnt work out
* unmotivated/bad staff

* great fun

I played on frundtech only a couple of times, but when I did, I always had so much fucking fun. I remember there were these slaves that were rescued that were being kept in the police station, and my character being the nosy fucker he was, he snuck in and started chatting with the people, and made friends with them. When the cops tried to take my character out because they figured it out, they all stuck up for me and let me stay with them. It was pretty fucking cool, and fun as fuck.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
I actually loved ftrp.

The staff weren't near as bad as people make them out to be, sure there were a few instances but for the most part they were decent, even cns and cramdam were probably some of the best staff on the roster in all honesty.

One of my fondest moments on nebulous was when I was apart of a satanist cult, taking people to our base then executing them.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
I think FTRP had alot of untapped potential, but it felt too dull at some times, cause It relied on staff activity, and as it declined, so did staff activity.

Not calling The staff shit, cause I swear I remember a few issues popping up but I can't remember other than the fact that FT wasn't all that interesting nor too active, but I really fucking loved the mutant ideas that appeared.

But come on boys, I think we all know the real best third server, that's RIGHT BOYS, EXPERIMENT, Ugandan tribe slaughters in the first 2 hours.

ZailSvale

Quark
Nebulae
Found it in my convos, @ZailSvale was a manager for a while too apparently.

i was mutant lead at one point because i was offered it
only got in because chester boi asked me to join as an adminge
wasnt interested in staying if any drama came up
mfw lol barely 2 weeks after drama occurs because i wasnt going to allow a mutant who was able to phaseshift in and out of reality basically teleporting and some other crazi shite
i quitted / got kicked off & banned after a heated argument on adminge channel because i wasnt sucking up to sd and allowing it at the time because he and the applicant went behind my back

Reactions: List

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
i wasnt going to allow a mutant who was able to phaseshift in and out of reality

Would a set of rules that accounted for things like this have helped resolve drama? Was it common for incidents like that to interrupt the flow of roleplay?

If there was a montage video of the gamemode surely it would be something people could point at and say "this is what we want". I can't find a montage of FTRP or QZRP. Would there be enough screenshots to make one?

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
Would a set of rules that accounted for things like this have helped resolve drama? Was it common for incidents like that to interrupt the flow of roleplay?

If there was a montage video of the gamemode surely it would be something people could point at and say "this is what we want". I can't find a montage of FTRP or QZRP. Would there be enough screenshots to make one?

There was a very loosely described set of banned powers, which stated stuff like "its a mutation, you can't do magic like shoot fireballs and teleport" yet half the people wanted powers like that and some were even given them.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Frundtech was the first seriousrp i really got into
ive changed a lot since then but it has my fondest memories of all rp-based shit

i miss it :(

ZailSvale

Quark
Nebulae

there was rules for it
here i took the time to actually go back and find the convo
not stating names or anything
also i luckily enough -as i can see- quoted the rule page back then when the shit was actually up and running so fat chance you get to see one of the rules

obBKciv.jpg

WY6IvCA.jpg

in my personal opinion back then and still is, the way it was explained was just a loophole around it and sd approved of it. ivé gott admit the player had guts, person even developed his own swep to show it off

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in my personal opinion back then and still is, the way it was explained was just a loophole around it and sd approved of it. ivé gott admit the player had guts, person even developed his own swep to show it off

wasnt that @Zombine

ZailSvale

Quark
Nebulae
iirc i was in a ts or steam chat with one of the sa's/sd's and they were trying to convince me to hate you for not accepting him lmao
ye i remember and the story's a lot longer but theres no reason to tear up old drama. should just be forgotten really

in regards to the original topic for once

gamemode was fun but relied a lot on admin activity, most which required sa's or adminges with temp permissions to do something big. aside from that it was scavenger rp or "kill the military guys for with holding supplies!" "wait why are they mean to us arresting us and all we didnt do nothing!"
oh how i loved city intelligence sometimes

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Things I liked:

• The 'western' feel near the beginning
  • Guns weren't retardedly restricted to one or two groups of people, anyone could get them.
  • Well made and intelligently played mutant characters.
  • Character and group variety. Like any gamemode, it has it's fair share of tropes'n clones- but even still, the variety was interesting.
  • People tended to give off a much more 'human' feel with their characters, as opposed to other enviroments i've been in.
  • Freedom to build your own group if you could find the people and supplies
  • Expeditions. Hngg.

Things I didn't like:

• Server directors had a nasty tendency of either turning out to be abusive administrators, go inactive, or give up on the server, or in some cases seemingly deliberately sabotage it.
  • Rampant abuse of administrative positions, with admin groups magically obtaining large amounts of firearms in the first day or two, admins authorizing their friends to do stupid shit, and admins/SDs bending rules- or making deliberately vague ones to benefit themselves.
  • Zombie horde tropes.
  • OP mutant tropes.
  • Mutants that made no sense from the perspective of a Biological mutation caused by a manmade mutagen.
  • Muggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmugging
    • No like seriously, mugging only ever causes problems. That and giving people 'pure' freedom, and allowing them to attack, assault, kill, torture, mutilate, kidnap, torture again etc, for the flimsiest of reasons and excuses.
  • The only thing resembling a story, for literally any iterations of the servers, was 'Someone has come and burnt your homes, everything you can't carry has been lost. Get rekt, you can't win this fight.'
  • FrundTech's operators all being T5 mutants a month into the server. FrundTech operator's shouldn't be mutants at all, they should have to rely on actual technology.