FTRP map project.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
Suggestions for Hub:
-Small town USA setting
-Garden Plots everywhere. Survivors gotta' grow food innit?
-A derelict, open building to act as a squat for travelers, homeless, etc. Mattresses and barrel campfires.
-A large, biker club like bar
-A barricaded motel for remnants
-Many, many houses and trailers!
-A communal town pump (maybe a water filter entity could be put there?)

Also, please make it a West Coast setting, but rather than just desert, I suggest a canyon, mesa-like Colorado setting:
weminuchedreams.jpg

bullgulch_View.jpg

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
gotta dig out the old desert-themed map i was working on in the final hours of QZ, had some cool fun desert shit you could use

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
L4D2 content is working, plane graveyard can be made
23DDAD3A31BF2D714B9DFBE4F6C62E73302A1633

Merged:
L4D2 pack also comes with tents and trailers, so expect those as well

Merged:
Trailer homes are a thing now, was hoping L4D2 would give good ones but they only left me the bare frame, good thing I know my brushes
F9E33DB87FF08A1ADFB0DB133C992FFDEC83BEB8

Pros
  • Each trailer can have a unique design on them, such as material and decals
Cons
  • More expensive on the engine, only a little though
  • Frame fucks about with some things, need to fix.

Merged:
Map overview, version 2
VJhzehY.png

Reactions: List
Nebulae
I suggest having a few abounded houses here and there so people can set up wherever they want.
Start new communites around a certain house, fence it, create a establishment.

Makes the place more free and big.

D

Deleted member 225

Honestly I don't think the frundtech base should be massively super futuristic looking and shit, but instead look more like an old nuclear bunker or military testing facility renovated for FT's use. somethin like this

53f5e3054031b_.jpg

burlington_tunnel.jpg

home-wood-lane.jpg

Like a small cramped bunking area, messhall, changing rooms and showers etc. a mix of concrete walls and natural exposed rock, testing chambers and lots of pipes and cables, old computer technology from like the 80's etc.

Merged:
Also from that pic the town looks pretty small tbh, I'd add a lot more housing areas and misc buildings like in the Charp map.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
In Bastions defence that's just a concept. He has a very good idea of what is needed.

When it comes to FrundTech. Aren't they pioneers in technology in all fields? That's what popped into my head anyway when I got the design idea.
And also because the props and textures I use are beautiful and I can't resist using them.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Merged:
Map overview, version 2
VJhzehY.png
I do think that it might be best to make sure that there is some sort of Route between the Fundtech Bunker and the Town through the Hills and what-not, because if not, then it seems as if it'll just become a Bottleneck and just stop anyone from being able to leave the Bunker. Other than that, this all looks as if its going pretty good! Looking forward to seeing the final product

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
make a bunch of hills and shit so it's not just a few hills outside of the town then the entire thing is literally flat

also make a bunch of bandos please

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
I think it would be nice if you added some random damaged houses alongside the roads for smaller groups.

Also, I suggest you move the military roadblock in front of the town as it would make more sense. As of now it just seems like the roadblock will be ignored and used as a marker for the end of the map.