Gibraltar

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
For a start, Gibraltarians rejected a referendum for a Spanish sovereignty twice. Once in 1967, and again in 2002. Clearly, they very much do not want to be Spanish. (Not that I blame them.)

Secondly, Gibraltar had a turnout for the EU Referendum of 84%, higher than any UK constituency (IIRC), and only 4% of them voted to leave. They're clearly more passionate about voting for British politics, than they are Spanish politics.

Thirdly; the Gibraltar Pound is more closely related to the Great British Pound than the Euro, lucky them.

Fourthly, it has a UK Postcode. It's British Land, and it can stay that way until the Gibraltarians themselves want it, which they clearly fucking don't.

If Spain wants to jump up and claim it, I'll fucking enlist.

This is what I wanted. Data.

And as far as I know, Spanish government didn't claim Gibraltar officially in this incident, I think what Europe wants is Spain to block them off, as in, tolls and all the stuff. I doubt anyone should fight for a piece of land as small as Gibraltar, tbh.

Clearly, they very much do not want to be Spanish. (Not that I blame them.)

Trust me, I would talk them out of it, if they wanted.

They're clearly more passionate about voting for British politics, than they are Spanish politics.

Can't blame them, seriously.

I'll fucking enlist.

Nah not necessary, 1/4 of the British Army could wipe out Spain if they wanted, why bother, honestly.
[doublepost=1491303830][/doublepost]
give me the quickrundown on why spain is even interested in that peanut of an enclave

Good question, I'm Spanish and I don't know why. Nationalists, fascists mostly are the ones going nuts for it.

SHODAN

'Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network'
Nebulae
I'm all for Spain attacking Gibraltar so long as us Brit's can take them as a colony if they lose. . .

REFORM THE EMPIRE! ! !
images

Last edited:

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You seem to be very aware of their current policies.
It's a tourist hub, possibly one of the most visited countries in the world. Are you surprised that it's that crystal clear?

Back on topic, anyway;

This is Gibraltar celebrating their yearly festival, dedicated to the first rejection of Spanish Sovereignty. :grinning:

1024px-Gibraltar_National_Day_028_%289716508171%29_%282%29.jpg

Keno

la sauce
Nebulae
Warwick said:
It's a tourist hub, possibly the most visited country in the world. Are you surprised that it's that crystal clear?
I will let you know that tourism only represents 1/10 of their current GDP.

Reactions: List

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I will let you know that tourism only represents 1/10 of their current GDP.
11%, actually; which is a tremendous amount for a developed country.

In 2016, it was the third most visited country in the world, and the World Tourism Organization is based in Madrid.

The tourism sector in Spain is the second largest in the world, too.

You can make out like it's not a lot of money they're gaining from tourism, but here's the number for you.

$153,230,000,000 per year on tourism alone (based on 11% of Spain's 2013 GDP)

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What? I never said the contrary looool
man you just can't stand to be wrong here :-/
Wrong? Last I checked, I never said anything contrary to genuine fact here.

1/10 is 10%.

11% =/= 1/10

Simple maths, mate.

11% = 1.1/10

Why interject to try and place basic maths and get angry, when I quite obviously know the facts and figures surrounding this?

Keno

la sauce
Nebulae
Flamebait / Rating Spam
Wrong? Last I checked, I never said anything contrary to genuine fact here.

1/10 is 10%.

11% =/= 1/10

Simple maths, mate.

11% = 1.1/10

Why interject to try and place basic maths and get angry, when I quite obviously know the facts and figures surrounding this?
lmfaoooo I can feel your hate haha

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
1 in 3 Llanitos is a sixty something overweight estranged English father of three with ties to cigarette and cocaine smuggling. Does anybody really want them?

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I'm all for Spain attacking Gibraltar so long as us Brit's can take them as a colony if they lose. . .

REFORM THE EMPIRE! ! !
images

Take us as a colony either ways please remove this goverment I swear.

It's also money they can't afford to lose, smart-ass.

Actually we can afford to lose it, as the spanish people only get a small bit of that. The goverment can't afford to lose it though.

$153,230,000,000 per year on tourism alone (based on 11% of Spain's 2013 GDP)

Funny how out of this, luckily the people get $5,000,000,000 and the rest goes to Switzerland bank accounts whose owners are relatives to our goverment's members.

One way or another, as I said, dgaf about what Gibraltar boys do, as long as there's not a war over half a square metre of land ://

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
Spain will take the place over with full force and probably lose it less than a week after taking over that's my prediction no bias

Husky

Nebulae
We already taught those damn discount Italians a lesson at the battle of the Armada.