Serious Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Rockstar announced a supposed remaster of GTA:VC, GTA III, and GTA:SA.

They will be taking down the original games from Steam and other stores soon, so now's the best time to get the originals.

People want it to be on the RAGE engine, but I heard rumors about the remasters running Unreal Engine instead, because it's "easier to work with".

Knowing Rockstar, I was expecting it to be a port of the old games to new gen platforms, but they're taking down the originals, so it might be something bigger.

Another Rockstar announcement without GTA VI, not surprising.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Rockstar announced a supposed remaster of GTA:VC, GTA III, and GTA:SA.

They will be taking down the original games from Steam and other stores soon, so now's the best time to get the originals.

People want it to be on the RAGE engine, but I heard rumors about the remasters running Unreal Engine instead, because it's "easier to work with".

Knowing Rockstar, I was expecting it to be a port of the old games to new gen platforms, but they're taking down the originals, so it might be something bigger.

Another Rockstar announcement without GTA VI, not surprising.

Whatcha bet they just release em with upscaled textures lol, that'd be a real kick in the balls, afterall rockstar have released GTA V more than Bethesda has with Skyrim lol

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Whatcha bet they just release em with upscaled textures lol, that'd be a real kick in the balls, afterall rockstar have released GTA V more than Bethesda has with Skyrim lol
I will not be surprised if it's just upscaled textures.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying everything they can just to not announce/start working on GTA 6

walgreens

Electron
Nebulae
Rockstar Newswire said:
including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We’re extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!.

its just textures lol

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying everything they can just to not announce/start working on GTA 6
the trailer is prob gonna come a year after e&e gets released once they rake in all the cash they can from it, they’re 100% working on it

my theory is the trailer’ll probably drop on/around GTA V’s 10th year anniversary and then release 2 years later as do most modern r* games, meaning announcement in 2023 and then 2025 release which matches T2’s increased marketing budget for 2023-2025 (the spike was similar for rdr2’s release)

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the trailer is prob gonna come a year after e&e gets released once they rake in all the cash they can from it, they’re 100% working on it

my theory is the trailer’ll probably drop on/around GTA V’s 10th year anniversary and then release 2 years later as do most modern r* games, meaning announcement in 2023 and then 2025 release which matches T2’s increased marketing budget for 2023-2025 (the spike was similar for rdr2’s release)
XZ4gq5i.jpeg

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
As long as they fix that stupid fucking RC mission in vice city I am happy

Literally impossible

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
love that take-two are sueing the guys who reverse engineered and fixed the issues with pc vice city/gta 3 and are also removing the originals off steam just so they can release what will almost definitely just be some half baked ports with upscaled textures as a rockstar launcher exclusive of all things

e: just so its clear, dont support these shitty business practices like cmon

Last edited:
Nebulae
don't fall into the hype tbh

I think it'll be some small retouches that you'll barely notice as a guise to get you to buy the 3 games again

maybe some upscaled textures, or they'll add a new easter egg somewhere if you're lucky

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
rockstar is a horrible company to make videogames nowadays, gta v has been a prime example of how much they're willing to squeeze money out of their fans for content

I'm sure they'll find a way to bring it in here

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

looks weird

idk what to think about this lmao

i kinda like that they kept the models a bit cartooney but they shouldve either fully remade them in HD from scratch to look more like gta4/5 models or matched the world to them as well, aka it remains a bit cartooney too

shouldve toned down the reflections and lighting in that case though