Serious Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition

D

Deleted member 3818

The hate comes from
-removing the older versions of the game off platforms
-moving the game to rockstar's launcher to reap 100% of the profits
-past hate from rockstar removing songs from the games
-the fact that the best way to play every GTA is to just pirate it anyways
-it spits on the legacy of it all by also removing/censoring some content, which isn't much of a surprise anyways
all pretty minor considering rockstar always has and still is pumping out great games. It's only been a couple years since they made their last masterpiece people need to give them a break

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This couldn't have taken them no more than a day of work, everything else was just waiting for ai upscaling to finish. It has to be more work for them to be taking down the mods and pulling the old copies off stores than to have slapped this together

It's the laziest way to do it but it's really not surprising since rockstar is competing with Bethesda for the most possible re-releases of a game

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i like it

wasn't made by rockstar north btw

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
i like it

wasn't made by rockstar north btw
yeah it was done by Groove Street Studios, better known as War Drum Studios, who've dome such amazing work like the Android, 360 and PS3 ports of GTA SA
if this isnt an absolute disaster it'll be proof of divine intervention as far as im concerned

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
yeah it was done by Groove Street Studios, better known as War Drum Studios, who've dome such amazing work like the Android, 360 and PS3 ports of GTA SA
if this isnt an absolute disaster it'll be proof of divine intervention as far as im concerned
bit of an exaggeration, it's just an extremely loose remaster lol

gta 3 came out 20 years ago, anyone expecting a remake with gta v tier graphics made the disappointment for themselves

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
bit of an exaggeration, it's just an extremely loose remaster lol

gta 3 came out 20 years ago, anyone expecting a remake with gta v tier graphics made the disappointment for themselves
more the case of how completely and utterly broken the 360 and PS3 remasters are, to the extent of being entirely unplayable

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
-moving the game to rockstar's launcher to reap 100% of the profits
company that makes game wants to make money from making said game

news at 11
[doublepost=1635032929][/doublepost]
some parts look like a really shitty UE4 game made out of free assets

z0cZgHL.png

looks so plastic-y and just. not very good
uGmRSwdKv84S2uKbsg7Q94-970-80.jpg.webp

this was hardly a good look

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
looks decent u lot dont seem to realise that the trilogy they're remastering was inherently cartoonish and that was the intention (read the magazine bit dan houser did before gta 3 dropped where he explicitly said this)

gta sa is the only one that strayed away from the look of big brick shithouse characters and so that one looks the weakest to me with this update

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Lmao did they actually rename themselves to Grove Street Studios?
yeah, once War Drum got brought out Take Two forced the name Groove Street Studios onto them, probably so most people dont associate them with their previous disasterous GTA ports

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
idk why people hate on this or expected the games to be hd

you'd have to expect from rockstar to remake and rescale all three maps, re-do the voice lines or clear the audio so it doesn't sound weird and motion capture so it looks decent, that is if you want the games to look anywhere near to gta 5 in terms of quality when it comes to cutscenes and whatnot

it'd be like making three seperate games from scratch which is not worth it if they are actually working on gta 6 behind the scenes or other projects unrelated to gta online

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
GTA 3 was the first GTA game I played as a kid and my parents took it off me cause I'd run over hookers lmao

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
GTA 3 was the first GTA game I played as a kid and my parents took it off me cause I'd run over hookers lmao

when i was 10 i tricked my uncle's friend into installing it and the first thing my parents saw me do is chase over the prostitutes and beat them down for money

10/10 experience

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae

Rockstar messed up, some people can play it early