GTA RP Progress Update #1

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
PK contracts are invariably dogshit anyway since you can just not flag on the gang char for like 6 months, get removed from the gang for inactivity, and the PK contract becomes void since being booted for inactivity doesnt count as leaving the gang

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You join a gang and sign an agreement that if you want to leave, they can kill you and you will be PK'd.
How will gang wars and such be resolved? I assume there'll be some sort of system for characters to be removed from play if they cause conflict and the likes even if it isn't just blanket auths?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
PK contracts are invariably dogshit anyway since you can just not flag on the gang char for like 6 months, get removed from the gang for inactivity, and the PK contract becomes void since being booted for inactivity doesnt count as leaving the gang
That just sounds like a failure to enforce the contract or the gang choosing to not enforce it.

How will gang wars and such be resolved? I assume there'll be some sort of system for characters to be removed from play if they cause conflict and the likes even if it isn't just blanket auths?
There likely won't be much authing of anything. Gang wars can be dealt with IC where a gang can concede.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
There likely won't be much authing of anything. Gang wars can be dealt with IC where a gang can concede.
That's interesting.

In most places I've played GTA wise PK's tend to only happen in the most extreme of circumstances - like you need a genuinely top-end reason to kill off another character like rat your guys out to the cops and get caught or something (or you do something worthy of death and get caught by the cops).

I've never really seen a 'PK's basically don't happen' environment outside of games that aren't as interactive (ie; WoW, FFXIV, etc).

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That's interesting.

In most places I've played GTA wise PK's tend to only happen in the most extreme of circumstances - like you need a genuinely top-end reason to kill off another character like rat your guys out to the cops and get caught or something (or you do something worthy of death and get caught by the cops).

I've never really seen a 'PK's basically don't happen' environment outside of games that aren't as interactive (ie; WoW, FFXIV, etc).

It's basically NoPixel rules regarding PKs. They have to be voluntary.

Things like PK auths just create a lot of unnecessary drama and stress for admins to deal with and it's overall better for players, staff, and the server as a whole, to allow players to choose when their arc comes to a definite close. No player should be able to have the power to force an end to another person's character, that's just ultimately unfair and can lead to abuses by OOC drama.

Players should be getting more creative dealing with their competition, enemies, whatever beyond just going to a staff member, asking for PK auths, then blasting their ass at Burger Shot.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
instead of pk simply continuously frame them for crimes and force them to prison

Reactions: List

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
can we steal lorrys on the server?
i wanna rp as a generic british lorry driver who drives on the middle of the road and gets stuck under bridges

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
instead of pk simply continuously frame them for crimes and force them to prison
mp4

@Jaydawg after I frame him for jaywalking

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i wanna rp as a generic british lorry driver who drives on the middle of the road and gets stuck under bridges
Yeah

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
You will be few in number

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
really not a fan of how you envision pks working on this but its entirely your decision

It's okay, I'm sure together we can figure out conflict resolution without big dicking other players off of their characters that they worked hard on to develop without their consent.

But fr, this is healthier in the long run for players and staff.