GTA RP Progress Update #1

420Alex

The OG
Nebulae
Man I hope this comes around the same time I get my steam deck, I'm looking forward to it

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
Also there will be NPC vehicles everywhere unlike RageMP where you only have player owned vehicles.
Won't the existence of NPCs create lag? I always thought that was the reason servers like GTA:W removed them, but GTA Online works fine with them, so I guess...

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Won't the existence of NPCs create lag? I always thought that was the reason servers like GTA:W removed them, but GTA Online works fine with them, so I guess...
No, GTA:W can’t have them because RageMP has no way of having passively created NPCs unless you make it yourself (and even then it’s likely nowhere close to GTA:O).

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 4795

Also there will be NPC vehicles everywhere unlike RageMP where you only have player owned vehicles.

As far as how players interact with NPCs, do you currently have any plans for any systems that correlate with their existence? For example, in GTA: Online, the NPCs don't serve much purpose than background decorations that you can run over. Would something like being able to rob them or some low caliber of interaction be a possibility?