GTARP Meme Thread - chill beats to rob civillians to

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
why did we both take inspiration from dsp for our government affiliated characters
yhhFQnA.png
lmao

it funny

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@boots @Zarail

while it was fun, im not a massive fan of how quickly PD wants to end chases. slamming someone into another dimension should always be a last resort move when the fun is coming to a close. its not about whoever wins, but the journey

i heard from someone in the PD that they're not allowed to hit your car if you're travelling over 60mph, in order to ensure chases actually occur for a significant period of time

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i heard from someone in the PD that they're not allowed to hit your car if you're travelling over 60mph, in order to ensure chases actually occur for a significant period of time
It's meant to be a last resort move, but I give it a pass while people are still adjusting to the server

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
They also shouldn’t be pitting/ramming cars within the first 3 minutes of a pursuit even if emotions are high. it’ll be mentioned so don’t worry.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
They also shouldn’t be pitting/ramming cars within the first 3 minutes of a pursuit even if emotions are high. it’ll be mentioned so don’t worry.

I could be wrong but on top of that, IRL I'm guessing chases don't go straight into interceptors crashing against the pursued guy? Like if there's a chance the guy will stop of his own volition or get surrounded forcing him to abandon the vehicle or w/e I'm guessing it's a better choice than to break 5 cars in the process of stopping someone

Again, not sure on how it works I'm no cop, but you'd think they'd avoid going high speed chasing and then ramming themselves against the pursued car and ruining both cars and possibly dying in the process after 1 minute of chase

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I could be wrong but on top of that, IRL I'm guessing chases don't go straight into interceptors crashing against the pursued guy? Like if there's a chance the guy will stop of his own volition or get surrounded forcing him to abandon the vehicle or w/e I'm guessing it's a better choice than to break 5 cars in the process of stopping someone

Again, not sure on how it works I'm no cop, but you'd think they'd avoid going high speed chasing and then ramming themselves against the pursued car and ruining both cars and possibly dying in the process after 1 minute of chase

from what i've heard, there's a 3 minute timer before you can physically ram the vehicle, and you can't ram the vehicle if its going over 60

IC reason being pitting someone at high speeds is going to fucking kill them and is needlessly violent

OOC reason, GTA 5 massively favors the chaser in vehicle pursuits, and cop cars are incredibly fast

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
from what i've heard, there's a 3 minute timer before you can physically ram the vehicle, and you can't ram the vehicle if its going over 60

IC reason being pitting someone at high speeds is going to fucking kill them and is needlessly violent

OOC reason, GTA 5 massively favors the chaser in vehicle pursuits, and cop cars are incredibly fast

*running away from cops*

"Heh I surely escaped from them"

Your rear-view mirror:

2021spain_saturday_o079.jpg

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

3 minute doesn't seem long enough to me imo, it's practically nothing

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
so long as you get on a highway and keep at 70mph, you can be chased indefinitely
The rules should state that if a chase goes on for too long aka 20+ minutes then they are allowed to pit at any speed. But they also shouldn't be allowed to pit for at least double the amount that it is now so like 7 or 8 minutes.

It's not really rewarding of skill atm like yeah you can just highway blast at max speed and lose them, but if I try to do rat strats in the city and use somewhat of a skill and make it fun for everybody involved you get punished hard because you can just get pitted no problem.

Its just garbage lol

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The rules should state that if a chase goes on for too long aka 20+ minutes then they are allowed to pit at any speed. But they also shouldn't be allowed to pit for at least double the amount that it is now so like 7 or 8 minutes.

It's not really rewarding of skill atm like yeah you can just highway blast at max speed and lose them, but if I try to do rat strats in the city and use somewhat of a skill and make it fun for everybody involved you get punished hard because you can just get pitted no problem.

Its just garbage lol

imo specific time constraints would be a bit meh, it'd just cause police to start an actual stopwatch and then go "oh look, 7 minutes, DIE"

i agree having a police car ram into you just because you drifted to take a corner is a bit shit

personally i'd prefer it if the chase just went on until someone naturally crashed, its easy enough in GTA 5 to spin out as it is

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
imo specific time constraints would be a bit meh, it'd just cause police to start an actual stopwatch and then go "oh look, 7 minutes, DIE"

i agree having a police car ram into you just because you drifted to take a corner is a bit shit

personally i'd prefer it if the chase just went on until someone naturally crashed, its easy enough in GTA 5 to spin out as it is
I think the time constraint is just an arbitrary number, since I think you should just end the chase with a PIT or something whenever both sides kinda realize the chase has gone on for so long theyre getting a little bored. they shouldn't be monitoring the time regardless of what it actually is, since they shouldn't have the mindset of biding their time until they get to PIT someone into another dimension

once the air unit and the PD has some qualified interceptor drivers in the pool, I think there'll be much less of a desire to immediately PIT as soon as a chase starts

as of right now though, 3 minutes is hardly any time at all. I'd shoot for 8-10 minutes

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean, if they're just doing loops of the highway, set up a roadblock or something, force them to go off-road or at least slow so they can be pitted. idk the rules for spike strips but yeet those out there too, idk.

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae

Well I think in real life the idea is to pursue them until they either give up, trap themselves, crash etc. If they start becoming became a real danger and/or hit a civilian or police car then that's when stopping the pursuit would become priority.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cannot be used on 60+ mph individuals, so usually useless in chases
id much rather see spikes have free reign usage, but not within city limits since Los Santos is a very urban environment. a blown tire will most definitely cause a car to go barreling through a whole sidewalk of pedestrians

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae

If you are doing rat strats and not getting away after a good amount of time then I'd say your rat strats aren't working. Officers shouldn't be pitting early into the pursuit regardless, unless they get rammed by a criminal with intent to disable/harm the officer then I wouldn't say there's much other reason to ram early on.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
id much rather see spikes have free reign usage, but not within city limits since Los Santos is a very urban environment. a blown tire will most definitely cause a car to go barreling through a whole sidewalk of pedestrians
Yeah, also like improper spike usage would just cause the fucking locals to go wild and although funny would just be more chaotic

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Also it's still early days for the current officers, so learning to deal with such pursuits in a proper manner with the right equipment and teamwork planning is still being learnt

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you are doing rat strats and not getting away after a good amount of time then I'd say your rat strats aren't working. Officers shouldn't be pitting early into the pursuit regardless, unless they get rammed by a criminal with intent to disable/harm the officer then I wouldn't say there's much other reason to ram early on.
The only time I do rat strats and I don't get away is because I let them catch up so that it feels like a more fair fight, but it's disappointing to get pitted and smashed so hard after I give them so many chances to get back into the chase. I could have escaped them 20 seconds into the clip but that just makes the cops more salty in the long run and I just want everybody to have fun.