Guide to Losing Weight and Being Healthy

Zeo Mause

Papa Bear
Nebulae
Now, I know most of you are probably not the most healthiest individuals, but I am wondering what you do to lose weight and what do you eat that is good for your well-being. This post is directed towards really anyone out there, including myself that is wanting to improve their health.

Please tell us what you do to lose weight and what is your diet. Also anything else that is relevant.

*Also please take this seriously, I don't want people to say, "Eat two tubs of icecream and three bags of chips with a Coca Cola. Also I don't exercise because it is for losers and steriod junkies.""

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Run 2-3 miles every morning before going to school.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Run 2-3 miles every morning before going to school.
You need time to recover otherwise you'll destroy your body

Running every day is not a good idea but doing it every second day is

Exercise is second to a good diet when it comes to weight loss/maintaining a weight

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
You need time to recover otherwise you'll destroy your body

Running every day is not a good idea but doing it every second day is

Exercise is second to a good diet when it comes to weight loss/maintaining a weight

THIS

so many people ignore the good diet part

i know friends who used to work out, they were dedicated to it, and knew the limits; but they didn't know the first thing about salads or even cooking a simple meal for themselves that meets their nutritional needs. they'd just order mcdonalds or KFC, and wonder why they smell like ass all the time, or why they feel queasy sometimes after a intense workout

its 'cause their body was fighting even harder to convert garbage food into viable nutrients, which put a strain on their already strained body

don't be them, people, and you will live a healthy life

Zeo Mause

Papa Bear
Nebulae
One thing I would have to say out of experience is that multi-vitamin pills are a good start. BUT for a reminder, too much of a good thing can be bad. If you eat proper foods that gives you those vitamins, then no need to really take the pills. The multi-vitamins are good for giving you the daily dosage of multiple vitamins that are needed for bodily function. On top of that, the British Journal of Nutrition had said that they may actually also assist in your weight loss. For me, I take them because I can't make a big breakfast with all the food groups and get my daily vitamins. All I eat for breakfast is some toast, a banana and orange juice, so I am not getting all of my nutrients out of it.

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
simple things such as cutting out soda and/or fast food are a good start
you cant out-exercise a bad diet, not at a rate that's efficient at least. if you care about tracking your macros (or at the very least, your calories consumed) use a total daily energy expenditure calculator such as https://tdeecalculator.net/ to see roughly how much you should be eating. if your goal is to lose weight, simply subtract your total daily need by 500-1000 calories (1-2 pounds a week, if other variables are kept in check). i personally just use the raw bmr because everyone's body composition is different and can respond to physical activity differently, but if you throw in some cardio (doesnt have to be running, could simply be a brisk walk on a treadmill w/ an incline, stair stepper, etc.) you might be able to get quicker results

throw in some weights work if you want to get swole and lean

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
Do sports(martial arts are a cool choice) like 2-3 days a week for about 1 1/2- 2hours and don’t eat too much crap as told above and you should do fine? Also might join a club\team for your choice of sport, much more motivation

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
drink only water

holy fuckballs is all the calories you get mostly you drink

I stopped drinking soda about three years ago by now and it feels so much better to not be weighted down anymore, barring special occassions like a party or something

cut ur shit to water and drink more water and you'll lose weight quick

if you have any form of a street you can run up and down it to get the exercise you need

every second day, bonus points if the street is a hill or not

do actual exercise, don't wind yourself and call it a day, wind yourself a bit, do it again, and more and more until you actually feel tired

drink w a t e r

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I'm not sure if your trying to go lanky and skinny as in losing weight or like being some buff alpha CHAD

in my lanky opinion just stop eating rubbish. It might be hard for you cause you just love poo mcdonalds food but if you don't actively avoid it and set some good eating habits of at home eating then it'll be shit

buy cheap good food you gotta cook in bulk. BULK FOOD IN BULK.

buy some fuckinf rice, some fucking BEANS and shit and uh google the rest cause idk. Easy thing to do is drop Soda and mcdonalds and eat at home all the fucking time just prep your own shit get a rice cooker and yeah. I don't work out, tried but I was lazy little faggot so I'm just really skinny but hey better twig then fat

if you wanna get buff and stuff well I don't know google that shit just don't start downing protein shakes and try to be popeye

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
@Mendel Would you know how to calculate body fat to muscle ratio? At home.
there's some formulas and shit that you can use but ive never tried them myself, also heard about some body fat calipers you can get offline but your gym might have a scale that calculates lean mass %

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
cut the mainstream majority crap you eat everyday (e.g rice); substitute for organics and avoid eating sugar cause its the main cause of making you look fat.

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
i think i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum - trying to put on weight if anything but it's important to try and maintain a low body fat % too

i would seriously recommend hitting up the gym 3-5 times a week if you have the time, cardio or weights. i don't do gear but there's a noticeable difference from what is really just a few months of work; it's also quite enjoyable and it really helps with the self esteem (let's face it, likely a problem for most of us). if you're doing solely weights, make sure you're pushing yourself and doing a workout that includes some high rep exercises or even some supersets. i was recommended this workout by a friend: http://outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program/. more for building strength but it was a good place to start (does ignore shoulders + calves though.)

workout A:
Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Floor Press or Pause Bench 3/5×4-6
Pendlay Row 3/5×4-6
Overhead Barbell Extension 3×6-10
Barbell/Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10
Stiff-Legged Deadlift/Good Morning 2-3×6-10
Weighted Plank 3×30-60s

workout B:
Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Paused Overhead Press 3/5×4-6
Trap-Bar Deadlift 2×4-6
Close-Grip Bench Press 3×6-8
Weighted Chin-up 3×3-5
Weighted Plank 3×30-60s

hit it 3 times a week and just alternate - so A, B, A, then next week B, A, B. food wise, i think what people above have said is pretty spot on. drink water - i dilute mine a little bit with some juice. for meals, do some basic cooking. i think a good formula is 3 parts: 1 protein (white meat or fish), 1 carb (bread or rice, etc. go wholegrain) and 1 bit of veg. this page has some great examples: http://roamstrong.com/the-nomad-diet/

work out how many calories you need and chalk it up roughly, doesn't need to be an exact estimate. i feel using all of the apps and shit is a little unnecessary unless you're really serious about it.

this is just (very) amateur advice, but i started exercising properly nearly a year ago now and it's paying off already. i'm bulking rather than losing but i think i've managed to cut off at least 1-2% of body fat by being more conscious of what i eat and drink - and that was from probably 14% body fat maximum. you don't need to be super serious but stay committed to it overall and you'll see results in a few months of time. whatever you do, good luck and i hope it goes well

Zeo Mause

Papa Bear
Nebulae
I was thinking, do you think that popcorn would be a good health snack? Without the all that butter, of course.