Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

D

Deleted member 1048

I assume those little white patches are? I dunno, maybe we'll see in game.
Those white patches are obviously UU stickers to signify the property of the Union and that it has indeed been sanctioned by the combine.. . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. .

Reactions: List

Corey

Kino™ Certified
Nebulae
Dean 'Aussie' Edwards is the assistant of Alyx Vance.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
vr bad valve bad
1 trailer later
buy vr valve epic

ZCi2lJy.jpg

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
yeah lmao you can even see a wire sticking out on the side
What an absolute fucking unit of a stunstick dude. Just that little detail adds so much to the atmosphere, I'm fucking hyped.

Really though, this game looks great and I want to call it exactly what Valve is calling it, "The Standard" and "Innovation."

Each Half Life Game has brought major innovation, and you can already see it with this game. I can't wait to see the shit that comes out of the game after the fact with modding and everything.

Secondly, this game has like 10-12 hours with the story. Imagine how long it's gonna be if you are stopping in every room and dicking around with shit and interacting with the environment.

Things like yeeting a headcrab off your face or throwing a grenade in a room and holding back a door are gonna be so fun. It allows for such a different kind of play style.

FUCK I CANT WAIT

HAVENT BEEN THIS HYPED IN YEARS

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
valve striving for innovation with their main series
biggest hurdle will be cost
I'll legitimately give them credit; it may not be HL3 but goddamn if it isn't very well put together and you can tell they built it around the systems rather than forcing the game in a way that wouldn't work.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
i would be hyped if there wasnt a 500 entry price like what the fuck
Buy ~200 dollar vr headset and have fun with the vidya game.

It's costly, but that's the price to get into the VR market. Alot of good titles up and coming. Valve has 3 major ones themselves.
[doublepost=1574366414][/doublepost]
I'll legitimately give them credit; it may not be HL3 but goddamn if it isn't very well put together and you can tell they built it around the systems rather than forcing the game in a way that wouldn't work.
also inb4 reference to boraelis or hl3 in the game.

if the game sells / works really well and the market continues to rise, they could tyr the big ole hl3 on vr in like 5+ years.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Buy ~200 dollar vr headset and have fun with the vidya game.

It's costly, but that's the price to get into the VR market. Alot of good titles up and coming. Valve has 3 major ones themselves.
the vive is 499.999 with stations and handsets

you wont be able to play without stations or handsets so

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
i would be hyped if there wasnt a 500 entry price like what the fuck
itll work with VR headsets going as low as 150-200 and itll open up the entire avenue of VR games for you to play
HL Alyx and their other two VR titles is to bring more people into the fold so that VR will become part and parcel and devs wont fear not having an audience if they wanted to make VR titles or compatible titles

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
itll work with VR headsets going as low as 150-200 and itll open up the entire avenue of VR games for you to play
HL Alyx and their other two VR titles is to bring more people into the fold so that VR will become part and parcel so devs wont fear not having an audience if they wanted to make VR titles or compatible titles
unless vr becomes commonplace and doesn't cost what most people earn in a month then vr will never take off

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
Culp died on the morning of March 24, 2010 after suffering a heart attack outside his home in Los Angeles, at the age of 79.[2] Plans by Valve about Wallace Breen in the future of the series are currently unknown to date.

MY FUCKING BREENCASTS NOOOOO