Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm probably going to be streaming this on launch.

Would anyone from here be interested in this being a bit of an event? I've one of the best PC's money can buy and have a Rift S , so it'll be a good quality experience.

Maximum quality.
Role play movement from me for an immersive experience
no commentary, just game.

Thought it would be a good scratch for my itch of wanting to stream, as well as giving people from the community a good way at launch to feel a part of the game.

nono

roleplay as alyx vocally too

Reactions: List

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
nono

roleplay as alyx vocally too

sounds like the voice actor for alyx has already taken that responsibility :wink:

Plus a 25 year old man would not make a good woman.

D

Deleted member 5162

Is it just me, but zombies' pain sounds are kinda repetitive on the videos?

D

Deleted member 5162

okay I am kinda dissapointed by the audio of HL:A, it still re-uses some old sounds and some things feel empty, like the healthkit station.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
i though the shooting sounded a lil weird, the pistol sounds like he's firing ballistic missiles yet it's a puny 9mm
good. and it does good damage too.

i like it when guns feel strong.

because they /are/.

remember - no matter how good half life 1 and 2 were their guns were always absolute shit.
if a videogame weapon doesn't have good damage and punchy feedback then its shit

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
good. and it does good damage too.

i like it when guns feel strong.

because they /are/.

remember - no matter how good half life 1 and 2 were their guns were always absolute shit.
if a videogame weapon doesn't have good damage and punchy feedback then its shit
understand your point, and i respect it, but still, that pistol has no reason to sound like a anti-tank rifle

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
understand your point, and i respect it, but still, that pistol has no reason to sound like a anti-tank rifle

The sound used it near identical to the sound used in boneworks for their pistol, which appears to be the same kind of pistol

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I think the gun sounds a little bit underwhelming to be honest, especially in that first vid where they're indoors. Should be louder imho

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
idk sounds like a regular ol firearm to me.

you ever fired a gun irl?
The sound used it near identical to the sound used in boneworks for their pistol, which appears to be the same kind of pistol

I've made them start at points where the gun is being shot.
To me, it sounds like two separate guns, one that sounds more like a mini-cannon, and one that sounds like an actual pistol

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae

To me, it sounds like two separate guns, one that sounds more like a mini-cannon, and one that sounds like an actual pistol

that's nitpicking at this point but firearms sound drastically different indoors

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

The gun in alyx isn't resembling a baretta. Please also do note that it's extremely difficult to record gun sounds due to the sheer Db of the sound they make. It isn't really feasable to record gun sounds and just use those. They are often heavily edited, or recreated from scratch to best resemble.

as far as i can tell, it actually looks like a gun i see in the airsoft world a lot. I want to say a 1911, it clearly is the same shape but isn't the same gun. The airsoft ver is called a Hi Capa, and it's closest real steel counterpart is the STI 2011, chambered in 9mm and is closely resembing the 1911.

STI-International-HAWK-5.0-Pistol-1.jpg

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae

If those real life gun sounds were used, everyone would immediately complain that it sounds like shit and I wouldn't blame them

We've come a long way in sound design - almost everyone wants guns to sound exaggerated and punchy to make you feel like a big strong boy, not like the HL2 9mm UGH
[doublepost=1583196943][/doublepost]But what's with that M1 garand ping tho