Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
Also, can we get a collective fuck Jeff in here? I absolutely fucking hate Jeff and I actually cheered at the end of the chapter

dont u dare insult the best part of the game you uncultured SWINE :mad:

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
Honestly though I only watched the game and holy fuck what a spectacular game.
The fact they can take something like the base Zombie or an Antlion and make it terrifying is so good.
Also Jeff holy fuck my heart bro
he snuck up behind the commentator i was watching and vomited on his back, immediately dead
scared the shit out of me

Reactions: List

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
To break up the jerk off session like I'm known to do I'm gonna go off of what I've seen since paying 300$ for a VR set is the same rent cost of the house I'm living in with limited food already thanks to the virus.

ANYWAYS, I'll say this now to get it out of the way but I'm not impressed by what the game has to offer. Sure the game could be fun with VR like I've been told a dozen times by youtubers who call CPs Combine soldiers; I just don't see the need for it other than to do subtle things that don't affect the game as a whole when most people like me wanna see what the fuck the story is, and sad to say but the story is nowhere close to what was in Half-Life 2.

The fact they brought Eli back to life is so disgusting and sickening by the fact that they wasted all this time to make a new HL game that the actual voice actor for Eli died and they just bring him back to life for "fan service" and give him a new voice actor instead of doing the right thing and letting the character rest. This is the kind of shit Ultima pulled when they brought back Dupre back from the dead, even though he USED HIS SOUL to fix the universe and keep it from falling apart.

The Overwatch Soldiers are basically Black Mesa marines because "DUH EMOTIONS!!" or some shit. It does nothing other than things Civil Protection could have done.

The AI is dumber than rocks but this is mostly due to VR not being very good with Half-Life styled combat; Made worse by the fact they had to add the enemy "Jeff" to try and even out the gameplay.

To end this out I don't have hope for Half-Life 3 if it's gonna be as bad as this. These people don't know what they're doing and with Laidlaw gone the story will only get worse from here; If you're having fun playing this game then enjoy, but I'm not gonna stick around if this is the standard Half-Life fans have lowered themselves to.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
To break up the jerk off session like I'm known to do I'm gonna go off of what I've seen since paying 300$ for a VR set is the same rent cost of the house I'm living in with limited food already thanks to the virus.

ANYWAYS, I'll say this now to get it out of the way but I'm not impressed by what the game has to offer. Sure the game could be fun with VR like I've been told a dozen times by youtubers who call CPs Combine soldiers; I just don't see the need for it other than to do subtle things that don't affect the game as a whole when most people like me wanna see what the fuck the story is, and sad to say but the story is nowhere close to what was in Half-Life 2.

The fact they brought Eli back to life is so disgusting and sickening by the fact that they wasted all this time to make a new HL game that the actual voice actor for Eli died and they just bring him back to life for "fan service" and give him a new voice actor instead of doing the right thing and letting the character rest. This is the kind of shit Ultima pulled when they brought back Dupre back from the dead, even though he USED HIS SOUL to fix the universe and keep it from falling apart.

The Overwatch Soldiers are basically Black Mesa marines because "DUH EMOTIONS!!" or some shit. It does nothing other than things Civil Protection could have done.

The AI is dumber than rocks but this is mostly due to VR not being very good with Half-Life styled combat; Made worse by the fact they had to add the enemy "Jeff" to try and even out the gameplay.

To end this out I don't have hope for Half-Life 3 if it's gonna be as bad as this. These people don't know what they're doing and with Laidlaw gone the story will only get worse from here; If you're having fun playing this game then enjoy, but I'm not gonna stick around if this is the standard Half-Life fans have lowered themselves to.
you're a total schizo mate

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae

You know that Half-Life games have always just been tech demos expanded into actual products right?

And you know HL:Alyx is a prequel, right?

You really don't know what the actual fuck you're talking about and it shows. Half life 2s story wasn't even that groundbreaking, a lot of people just emailed Laidlaw and he added onto it with people asking questions. Hell a lot of our lore in neb doesn't even stay true to the hl2 story so I don't see why it matters. Of course it's not going to add on to the current story because it's a PREQUEL, not a SEQUEL.

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
You know that Half-Life games have always just been tech demos expanded into actual products right?

And you know HL:Alyx is a prequel, right?

You really don't know what the actual fuck you're talking about and it shows. Half life 2s story wasn't even that groundbreaking, a lot of people just emailed Laidlaw and he added onto it with people asking questions. Hell a lot of our lore in neb doesn't even stay true to the hl2 story so I don't see why it matters. Of course it's not going to add on to the current story because it's a PREQUEL, not a SEQUEL.
It doesn't matter if it's a prequel or not, that doesn't take away the fact the writing screams of generic video game dialogue. I never said it should ADD anything to the story either.

The characters and environments are what made the world of Half-Life feel special, not goofy "Haha I'm weird and wacky." characters but people that felt real even with the few voice actors they had; They all felt unique.

I'm not even taking into account the emails by Laidlaw since I'm not even thinking about them when I playthrough Half-Life. I'm not sure why you even brought up the lore that Neb uses for HL2RP either...

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
It doesn't matter if it's a prequel or not, that doesn't take away the fact the writing screams of generic video game dialogue. I never said it should ADD anything to the story either.

The characters and environments are what made the world of Half-Life feel special, not goofy "Haha I'm weird and wacky." characters but people that felt real even with the few voice actors they had; They all felt unique.

I'm not even taking into account the emails by Laidlaw since I'm not even thinking about them when I playthrough Half-Life. I'm not sure why you even brought up the lore that Neb uses for HL2RP either...

It matters if it's a prequel because your 'spoiler' isn't even a spoiler. They don't bring him back to life because he's not dead at this point in the story.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You haven't even played the game, so your review is worthless. And you have an idealized view of the story.
eli vance gets brought back from the dead in the game's ending

his argument is that bringing eli back to life devalues his death in the first place and is insulting to the voice actor that played him

Tactical

Neutrino
Nebulae
Haven't had the chance to play Alyx yet (mainly cause I don't have a VR set yet) but from watching different streams and videos on it the gameplay seemed enjoyable

switch

Neutrino
Nebulae

I think your opinion would have been different if you played the game.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae

its a really fun game my man

vr is a sissyfication globalist conspiracy wake the fuck up

wake up, we're in a waking sleeping vr simulation

D

Deleted member 3818

I don’t understand, how do you get to decide if the game is good or not if you don’t even know the basics of the story?

Zink

Neutrino
Nebulae

Behold! A mong whose opinion on the matter is null, and void. Say, if you had gone through the game.. You'd be well aware that the tone of Half-Life: Alyx has not deviated from the tone of Half-Life, whatsoever. You'd be outright wrong to even suggest so. Half-Life never, ever took it self with the amount of bland, run of the mill seriousness as implied.

Can you speak from experience, not from watching snippets? Can you provide an example of this so-called "generic dialogue"? I don't think so. Settle down, yeah? Upset you can't experience Half-Life: Alyx? Understandable, by all means. There's no excuse for spewing a bunch of baseless gibberish, however. Save us next time from the time wasted reading through all of that.

switch

Neutrino
Nebulae
Behold! A mong whose opinion on the matter is null, and void. Say, if you had gone through the game.. You'd be well aware that the tone of Half-Life: Alyx has not deviated from the tone of Half-Life, whatsoever. You'd be outright wrong to even suggest so. Half-Life never, ever took it self with the amount of bland, run of the mill seriousness as implied.

Can you speak from experience, not from watching snippets? Can you provide an example of this so-called "generic dialogue"? I don't think so. Settle down, yeah? Upset you can't experience Half-Life: Alyx? Understandable, by all means. There's no excuse for spewing a bunch of baseless gibberish, however. Save us next time from the time wasted reading through all of that.
I'll have you know that the best reviews of products come from people who have never used said product!