News Halo: Master Chief Collection megathread

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hopefully in reach they remove weapon bloom especially on the DMR since it’d be a lot more friendly for the PC

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
remember seeing somewhere they said it'd be out within the year, betting on a date at e3 alongside infinite footage/trailer

key

Nebulae
eLbnYIJ.gif

Reactions: List

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
i'm le oblivious third world child man who never understood / took part in the cult of halo

is it really that good or is it like some of the other older titles where the experience people had with the franchise was what defined it rather than the quality of the games thmselves?

always wanted to get into it tho, especially after meeting zak and having to suffer through hour long lore explanations.
surprisingly the story hasnt really been spoiled for me besides the fact that you die at the end of reach.

i need some introductory shit here help me

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i'm le oblivious third world child man who never understood / took part in the cult of halo

is it really that good or is it like some of the other older titles where the experience people had with the franchise was what defined it rather than the quality of the games thmselves?

always wanted to get into it tho, especially after meeting zak and having to suffer through hour long lore explanations.
surprisingly the story hasnt really been spoiled for me besides the fact that you die at the end of reach.

i need some introductory shit here help me
single player - reach and odst are the peaks for me story and atmosphere wise
besides that the multiplayer is always good fun and so is firefight

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
i was looking into getting an og xbox for various reaosns with playing halo ce and 2 as ive been hoping to play the old bungie halos being one of them, so this is a pleasant surprise
is the gameplay of MCC largely modified from the originals or is it only minor tweaks though? im looking for the "original" experience and im wondering if its a true to original copy of the game or just old levels with new gameplay as if its not i'll just get an og xbox like i was planning to

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
i was looking into getting an og xbox for various reaosns with playing halo ce and 2 as ive been hoping to play the old bungie halos being one of them, so this is a pleasant surprise
is the gameplay of MCC largely modified from the originals or is it only minor tweaks though? im looking for the "original" experience and im wondering if its a true to original copy of the game or just old levels with new gameplay as if its not i'll just get an og xbox like i was planning to
if you're looking for the original CE experience, play the OG xbox version for various reasons detailed in this reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/53rt93/halo_combat_evolved_for_pc_was_not_a_very_good/

also see here (Classic Mode = PC/Anniversary/MCC version, CE = OG XBox version)
cgkfJwV.jpg

Gearbox did a horrible job of porting Halo CE from XBox to PC and for some reason unbeknowest to everybody, 343i used the PC version to build their Anniversary release (and subsequently, MCC) upon.

as for halo 2, it's the same idea - XBox is better for availability as well as no Games for Windows Live asking for a CD key every 3 seconds (also a terrible PC port)

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
if you're looking for the original CE experience, play the OG xbox version for various reasons detailed in this reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/53rt93/halo_combat_evolved_for_pc_was_not_a_very_good/

cgkfJwV.jpg

Gearbox did a horrible job of porting Halo CE from XBox to PC and for some reason unbeknowest to everybody, 343i used the PC version to build their Anniversary release (and subsequently, MCC) upon.

as for halo 2, it's the same idea - XBox is better for availability as well as no Games for Windows Live asking for a CD key every 3 seconds (also a terrible PC port)
tbh since it's on PC we could easily just use SPV3 to fix most of the issues

gigi

Atom
Nebulae

cgkfJwV.jpg

ty for the info, i'll keep to looking with the og xbox for now then and consider getting mcc on the side instead
i was looking into it anyway for modding purpose as i wanted to add in a 1.4 ghz tualatin and 128 mb of ram and mod the hdd (probs swap too) to play isos of half life 2, Sega Chihiro games, counter strike, etc so this adds more reason to get it

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
More info relating to MCC is supposed to be coming out this Sunday at the HCS Invitational, so expect a stream of some kind to take place somewhere between 12-5pm CT/10-3pm PT.

Also seems to be an AMA will be potentially taking place some time next week as well, assumingly over on Reddit.

If you guys are looking to play Halo on PC now though to tide you over, I’d recommend installing ElDewrito 6.1; it’s basically a scrapped PC port of Halo 3’s multiplayer that got revived with additional features like server hosting, custom games and forge world. Just send me a message if anyone wants a hand with the installation or wants to play some custom games sometime; it’s completely free and takes about 10 mins at most.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
More info relating to MCC is supposed to be coming out this Sunday at the HCS Invitational, so expect a stream of some kind to take place somewhere between 12-5pm CT/10-3pm PT.

Also seems to be an AMA will be potentially taking place some time next week as well, assumingly over on Reddit.

If you guys are looking to play Halo on PC now though to tide you over, I’d recommend installing ElDewrito 6.1; it’s basically a scrapped PC port of Halo 3’s multiplayer that got revived with additional features like server hosting, custom games and forge world. Just send me a message if anyone wants a hand with the installation or wants to play some custom games sometime; it’s completely free and takes about 10 mins at most.
Didn’t they take the download offline? I couldn’t find it last time

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Didn’t they take the download offline? I couldn’t find it last time
For MS23 they did, but there’s always download links popping up.

I’d recommend using this vid; since it has functioning download links in its description and gives you a run down of how to install & play it properly. Everything is all good to go in those files; just download, extract and run ElDorado.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Smh, remember when Halo was a Xbox Exclusive?
[doublepost=1552662458][/doublepost]Still gonna buy it though