News Halo: Master Chief Collection megathread

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
We salute this gamer
NTvweFn.png

2basvyi00vz21.png

countless deaths

had to restart 3 missions from the beginning because it didn't register as completing it

still worth it

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Is halo2 kino as you would say dallas?
i would say so yes

finding out about the internal workings of the covenant, introducing the arbiter, the prophets, the power struggle between elites and brutes along with establishing lord hood and miranda keyes as unsc big boys

yeah, im thinking it's kino, so much of what we think of when it comes to halo's lore was founded in halo 2 - an ambitious expansion of the canon that not only answered questions from halo ce but opened up loads of new interesting avenues for the future games

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The elite vs brute stuff which basically led to their defection in halo 3 is really interesting

The heretic part of Arbiter's story is prolly one of my favourites

D

Deleted member 4425

i would say so yes

finding out about the internal workings of the covenant, introducing the arbiter, the prophets, the power struggle between elites and brutes along with establishing lord hood and miranda keyes as unsc big boys

yeah, im thinking it's kino, so much of what we think of when it comes to halo's lore was founded in halo 2 - an ambitious expansion of the canon that not only answered questions from halo ce but opened up loads of new interesting avenues for the future games
IX: Halo 2 RP event “Covenant” by dallas

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
I mean the lore for halo is great imo love me halo lore shit like he fact grunts were rebelling until they were told their entire home planet would be wiped out is nice.

Shit like the fact humans were amemt honest the mantle of responsibility until the forunners got mad jel and pissed cos they started raping planets because of the flood

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
i suppose the elites vs brutes was pretty cool..

i guess you could say..

it...

blew... me.... away..............

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i would say so yes

The elite vs brute stuff which basically led to their defection in halo 3 is really interesting

The heretic part of Arbiter's story is prolly one of my favourites
I read an interview from a few years ago about just how tight Halo 2's production was. They didn't even plan to make a sequel until CE did so well, and it was that chaotic that y'know that big E3 2003 demo everyone talks about? It was entirely a mock-up that couldn't run on an Xbox at all. Nothing in that demo was feasible or could have made it into the final game.

When the came back from E3 they had no working engine, an unwieldy campaign they'd never be able to ship and a broken multiplayer. The fact they managed to pull out the game they did in just over a year, basically from nothing, is incredible to me. They did kinda admit that because of this though some of the game is a little unbalanced, like the Brutes being so tanky and powerful.

Still, Halo 2 is the game that I probably remember the best. I never had XBL during that time but I remember exploring all the multiplayer maps and getting the big boxed DLC pack and stuff. Such a good game.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
PEOPLE ARE COMPLETING THE GAME WITH LASO AND IM STRUGGLING ON NORMAL

goddamn i swear the enemies are doing way more damage than they did on the xbox

Husky

Nebulae

WHY THE FUCK IS THE RETICLE SO FUCKING LOW I'M LOOKING AT THE GOD DAMN STARS EVERY TIME I TRY TO SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE FACE

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

WHY THE FUCK IS THE RETICLE SO FUCKING LOW I'M LOOKING AT THE GOD DAMN STARS EVERY TIME I TRY TO SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE FACE

go to options and center the crosshair if you're a fucking retard

good luck with your gun model taking up half your screen if you do that