help my gmod is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Upon joining the game I am introduced with many errors in my console and a few noticeable texture issues in-game. Can someone help?

ZzpuGoD.png

Code:
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "svl_explosion"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "blood_impact_blue_01"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tfa_muzzle_rifle"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tfa_muzzle_sniper"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tfa_muzzle_m82"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tfa_muzzle_energy"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tfa_muzzle_gauss"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "smoke_trail_tfa"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "smoke_trail_wild"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "smoke_trail_controlled"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "weapon_combine_ion_cannon_explosion"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "weapon_combine_ion_cannon"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "generic_smoke"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tv_break"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "weapon_hgun_muzzleflash_3rd"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "weapon_muzzle_flash_assaultrifle"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "weapon_muzzle_smoke_long"!
Requesting 4 lua files from the server
ConVarRef sv_tfa_damage_mult_max doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef sv_tfa_damage_mult_min doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef sv_tfa_range_modifier doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_snowenabled doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_weather_delay doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_weather_length doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_weather_chance doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_weather doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef atmos_dnc_length doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Oops! Addon (282243311) failed to download because of (0)!
Map file wasn't found, copying it from addon..
PREP OK
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: stone/stonefloor006a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: maps/rp_lp_industrial17_v1a/concrete/blendconcreterock001a_wvt_patch
material models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/glassesside_walter has a normal map and an envmapmask.  Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

material models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/glassesfront_walter has a normal map and an envmapmask.  Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_b"!
Error! Flag "$nocull" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_b"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_b"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_b_glove"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_w"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_w_glove"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_h"!
Error! Flag "$nocull" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_h"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_h"!
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/bloo_ltcom_zel/citizens/hands_h_glove"!
*** Tried to load a non-VTF file as a VTF file!
Error reading texture header "materials/models/props_c17/door01a_powerlock.vtf"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_0" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
MDLCache: DeadBodies\Dead_Male_Civilian_radio.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: Dorado/Tarjeta2.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: Dorado/Tarjeta3.mdl needs to be recompiled
material models/drtowers/bmscientistcits/glassesside_walter has a normal map and an envmapmask.  Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

material models/drtowers/bmscientistcits/glassesfront_walter has a normal map and an envmapmask.  Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

MDLCache: Dorado/TarjetaZero.mdl needs to be recompiled
Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/drtowers/bmscientistcits/hands_w"!
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_1" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_2" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_3" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_4" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_5" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_7" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_8" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
Error: Material "materials/particle/smoke_black_smokestack000_rendermode_9" uses unknown shader "Subrect"
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/industrial17/dispensory.mdl)
clientside lua startup!
No custom nodegraph found!
Particles: Missing 'particles/centaur_spit.pcf'
Particles: Missing 'particles/slv_explosion.pcf'
Adding derived addon Half[-]Life Beta
ServerGuard (CLIENT) Loaded.
Requesting texture value from var "$dummyvar" which is not a texture value (material: NULL material)
Reloaded Control: VoiceNotify

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
Do you have many mods? If so unsubscribe from them, a few of the mods could be causing errors with your game itself. Alternately I would suggest making sure your subscribed to the content pack and also make sure you have HL2.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
verify your game cache dude, looks like files from your game directory or whatever the shit is is missing.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
verify your game cache dude, looks like files from your game directory or whatever the shit is is missing.
tried doing that a dozen times, did not work.

Do you have many mods? If so unsubscribe from them, a few of the mods could be causing errors with your game itself. Alternately I would suggest making sure your subscribed to the content pack and also make sure you have HL2.
the only addons i have is the content pack for hl2rp

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
tried doing that a dozen times, did not work.

the only addons i have is the content pack for hl2rp
Ok, and do you have HL2 the game? A possible fix you could do, is unsubscribe from all mods. Then proceed to delete the game, make sure the mods are deleted not just unsubscribed. Then reinstall and resubscribe to the mods. If that does not work I will keep on digging.

Last edited:

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
A possible fix you could do, is unsubscribe from all mods. Then proceed to delete the game, make sure the mods are deleted not just unsubscribed. Then reinstall and resubscribe to the mods. If that does not work I will keep on digging.
It is most likely an add-on. Alternately you can unsubscribe from all add-ons then make sure they are deleted. Reinstall...

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
unsubscribe from all addons, delete everything in the actual addon folder (should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons) then resubscribe and see what happens

alternatively you could just do a clean install, delete everything in the garrys mod folder manually (dont uninstall through steam) then verify game cache and it'll reinstall everything

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Some addons conflicting, nothing to worry about. If the errors are just temporary you can just ignore them otherwise just disable all the addon and enamble one by one until you see what's wrong.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
right, I seemed to have missed out on something that appeared in my console today. Could this be of any relation to this?

Code:
Warning: WorldTwoTextureBlend found on a non-displacement surface (material: gm_construct/flatgrass). This wastes perf for no benefit.

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
Try adding this to your launch options:

Code:
-fullscreen -dxlevel 81 -console

To find launch options, go to your Garry's Mod in your steam library, right click and click on properties. Then click 'set launch options'.

If that doesn't work try
Code:
-dxlevel 95
over 81. What it is doing is forcing your game to run in certain version of DirectX, be warned it could cause FPS drop because the game will look a lot better.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Try adding this to your launch options:

Code:
-fullscreen -dxlevel 81 -console

To find launch options, go to your Garry's Mod in your steam library, right click and click on properties. Then click 'set launch options'.

If that doesn't work try
Code:
-dxlevel 95
over 81. What it is doing is forcing your game to run in certain version of DirectX, be warned it could cause FPS drop because the game will look a lot better.

neither worked :(

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae
one thing that I can think of is, going into your garrysmod folder and deleting the materials, then verifying the game cache.

Reactions: List

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
What is the actual effect it has in game?
its hard to explain, whenever I do little actions such as open the Q menu, TAB menu or even make a sharp turn - a bunch of white lines and discolourations appear

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae
you try out what I said yet?
[doublepost=1465741393][/doublepost]take a screenshot of what it looks like

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
you try out what I said yet?
[doublepost=1465741393][/doublepost]take a screenshot of what it looks like
yeah, didn't work

EDIT: i cant really take a screenshot, it only appears for like a second