Nebulae

courtesy of @char

1443363159057.jpg
Feel like pure shit just want her back

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

image-598757-galleryV9-rwvi-598757.jpg

Gunther Koschorrek, soldier fighting in Stalingrad, 1942. Wrote diary entries on whatever scraps of paper he could find, then sewed them into the lining of his winter coat to stop them being found. Entries ended up being turned into a book called Blood Red Snow - I haven't read it myself but I'm going to order it when I have the chance.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
"According to Zhores and Roy Medvedev in The Unknown Stalin (2006), Bukharin's last message to Stalin stated "Koba, why do you need me to die?", which was written in a note to Stalin just before his execution."

1a9.jpg

""Koba" was Stalin's nom de guerre, and Bukharin's use of it was a sign of how close the two had once been."

e6e.jpg

"The note was allegedly found still in Stalin's desk after his death in 1953."

a8obK91_700b.jpg

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
"According to Zhores and Roy Medvedev in The Unknown Stalin (2006), Bukharin's last message to Stalin stated "Koba, why do you need me to die?", which was written in a note to Stalin just before his execution."

1a9.jpg

""Koba" was Stalin's nom de guerre, and Bukharin's use of it was a sign of how close the two had once been."

e6e.jpg

a8obK91_700b.jpg
real shit im reading about the death of zinoviev and kamenev

"Kamenev and Stalin had known eachother for more than thirty years, "Greetings friend! I kiss you on the nose, Eskimo style!" He wrote in 1912, evoking their Siberian exile days. "For Hell's sake! I miss you devilishly. I miss you - I swear by my dog. I have no one to chat with, heart to heart, may the devil run you over!" On the eve of Kamenev's execution, Stalin wrote to Kaganovich... [that Kamenev was involved in a foreign plot as well as a Trostkyite conspiracy]... Did Stalin believe this? Or was he simply justifying political murder to Kaganovich?

ub9XVwQ.png

Kamenev and others wrote appeals for mercy in the predawn hours... But well before the end of the seventy-two hour period for appeals specified in Soviet law, Kamenev, Zinoviev and the rest were executed in the cellars. [Chief of the NKVD] Yezhov retrieved the bullet casings as souvenirs." (Kotkin, 2017:333)

been with these homeboys since the 2nd chapter of Paradoxes of Power
rest in soviet power

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
"I said to Nicholas approximately this: His royal and close relatives inside the country and abroad were trying to save him, but the Soviet of Workers' Deputies resolved to shoot them."

c9AqVHLL.jpg

"He asked "What?" and turned toward Alexei... Nicholas had put Alexei on the chair and stood in such a way, that he shielded him."

4U71.gif

Source

D

Deleted member 1381

1a9.jpg

e6e.jpg

a8obK91_700b.jpg
LiquidBarrenGannet-poster.jpg

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

幕末

Bakumatsu
1853 - 1867

1*gnMZCvmyKF137YDiDXtL_Q.jpeg

"In 1853, four huge black ships, two of them pouring forth steam from thunderous engines, sailed into Tokyo Bay. Japanese leaders were stunned. Commanded by Commodore Matthew C. Perry, the ships had been sent to open up trade with a nation that had been closed to outsiders for 200 years. Though officials of the Japanese Shogunate were aware of broad trends in Western technology, they had never seen the like of these hulking vessels, and were disinclined to change their time-honored policies.

The Americans, however, were prepared to be persuasive. They’d brought along one of the most powerful weapons of that time , capable of firing explosive shells at high velocities  to help make their point. They promptly did so, using the guns to blow to pieces a number of wooden buildings along the shore before cordially delivering a letter from President Millard Fillmore, inviting the Japanese to negotiate a trade agreement, then sailing away.

By the time they returned the next year, the Shogunate had a treaty allowing the establishment of diplomatic relations, ready to be signed. Japan was closed no longer — it had entered a future few of its people could have imagined just a decade before."

Last edited:

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

Mongolian People's Republic

Inner-Mongolian-cavalry-unit-1935-1.jpeg

914445120944ead4_landing.jpg

P2.jpg

5ca37c0c9a9f4e9c653e82ac10a75b1f.png

"Whether at this Kremlin session [June, 1935] or at a New Year's reception at the Mongolian embassy, [General Secretary] Genden, in a drunken state, did something no one else had or would - he snatched Stalin's pipe [from him] and smashed it." (Kotkin, 2017:279)

5071.jpg

The present day parliament of Mongolia - the State Great Khural​

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae

FRENCHIES IFFY UH,

BISMARCKY GOT THE STIFFY UH

REEEEEIIIICHHHHHSTTAAAAAGGGG

085467db9cddd12c1a7cfa139c9c99aa.png

THESE AUSTRIANS SAY THEY'VE HEARD OF ME,

I AIN'T HEARD OF YOU

GET THE FUCKING OUT MY FUCKING FACE FORE' I MURDER YOU